Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

The other end was a neglected and a gold. Unfortunately the neglected grew up sad.gif How much would the gold be worth?

The other end was a neglected and a gold. Unfortunately the neglected grew up sad.gif How much would the gold be worth?

Probably quite a lot right now -- I'd love more golds, seeing as I only have two and never had an opportunity to get another. If you ever make another ND, I'll iou you 60 Neo's. :3

Edited by Ashes The Second

Can someone tell me if this trade offer is fair?

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=6448717

I've been offering for about three days now and the only offer I've gotten was a 2nd gen Summer and a few higher-gen Tinsels. I don't know if I'm just having really bad luck or if I'm asking too much. I see CB Blacks/Trios offered a lot more often than 3rd gen Metals, so I thought two wasn't too much to ask for, at least...

I've been offering for about three days now and the only offer I've gotten was a 2nd gen Summer and a few higher-gen Tinsels. I don't know if I'm just having really bad luck or if I'm asking too much. I see CB Blacks/Trios offered a lot more often than 3rd gen Metals, so I thought two wasn't too much to ask for, at least...

2nd gen summer is probably the best offer you will get right now. 21 cb hatchlings feels llike a lot to me, maybe 1 cb black. Stairsteps are boring now to a lot of people.

I have a few CB Summers and a few more 2nd gens already, I find it very silly that something that was common a few months ago is suddenly uber-desirable to everyone and I don't want any more atm.

But stairsteps are the easiest to find mates for ;___;

Any other opinions?

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I have a few CB Summers and a few more 2nd gens already, I find it very silly that something that was common a few months ago is suddenly uber-desirable to everyone and I don't want any more atm.

But stairsteps are the easiest to find mates for ;___;

Any other opinions?

I don't know, maybe a lot of other dragons that are desirable? I'd look for Blacks or bsa dragons, since those always seem to be in demand.

NDs and 2nd gen tinsels usually trade for CB metals, I don't think you'll get an offer to trade for a 3rd gen metal.

Getting two CB blacks or CB stripes for it is kinda iffy. Maybe one of those, and and a less rare type like a neb, or tan ridgewing.

I normally will trade a Cb stripe for about 6-7 hatchies, so 21 for a 3rd gen silver does seem like a lot.

The fact that the silvers mates are SW brings the value down a bit too.

Trade values change, it wasn't that long ago people were giving ridiculous things for sitting alt blacks, now you practically have to give them away because everyone has their fill of them. And the opposite is happening with the seasonals, people need CBs for their projects and they have become really hard to find, so their trade worth has gone sky high.

NDs and 2nd gen tinsels usually trade for CB metals, I don't think you'll get an offer to trade for a 3rd gen metal.

Getting two CB blacks or CB stripes for it is kinda iffy. Maybe one of those, and and a less rare type like a neb, or tan ridgewing.

I normally will trade a Cb stripe for about 6-7 hatchies, so 21 for a 3rd gen silver does seem like a lot.

The fact that the silvers mates are SW brings the value down a bit too.

Trade values change, it wasn't that long ago people were giving ridiculous things for sitting alt blacks, now you practically have to give them away because everyone has their fill of them. And the opposite is happening with the seasonals, people need CBs for their projects and they have become really hard to find, so their trade worth has gone sky high.

I still desperately want black alts, haven't gotten any in a while, and haven't bred any in much, much longer. Probably since they were 'in-season'. I want a few sitting alts badly now, too.

Vampire for a CB Tsunami. Would that seem like a fair trade?

I honestly just want the egg or a female hatchy. Needless to say I just need a CB female and I'll have a complete set.

I honestly just want the egg or a female hatchy. Needless to say I just need a CB female and I'll have a complete set.

That's a fair deal, tbh.

so long as its CB with no inbreds in its bitten lineage

I have someone offering me a CB red egg for 2 CB flamingo hatchies. Is that a fair trade? It just sounds a hair low to me, but I do need a CB red  unsure.gif

if the flamingos are two eggs i'd say go for it, if their hatchies, i'd say hold out for another hatchie.

imo though, a CB Red is close to the value of 2 CB Flamingos, because of the reds usefulness

i'd say that trade offer is not fair.

you need to think equevalent exchange when it comes to swaping metals. if you want a PB, then your best bet is to offer a PB; golds are valued a step higher than Silvers when their lineaged, unless its a rare or especailly nice pairing. so if you want a 3G Gold you shoudl offer a 2G Silver.

only thing that will get you a CB Metal is a long IOU of rares (depending on the rare could be 10+), a Holly, 2G Tinsels (higher gen if rare/new line) CB NDs, CB Metal swap, and sometimes (but not often) multple low gen metals that come from CB metals.

i woudl say with what your offering though, you should easily get a CB rarish egg (like a stripe) seeing that it is a 3G and Golds are hard to breed currently.

How much is a second generation Trio worth compared to a CB Trio?

Thanks red for the reply. I ended up taking the egg because I decided I needed the BSA more than the flamingos smile.gif

I do have another question to as yall. My friend Katty has a CB Sunstone hatchy. She is a neb horder and has no trios yet. Do you guys think she could get a bred neb or a messy trio for it?

Also, I am looking for a CB Sunsong to add to my own scroll to try to complete my scroll goal (also a 2nd gen PB, but a friend is trying to get me one of those). What would be a fair offer on one (and if I was super lucky, what would a pair of eggs go for)? What if I offered some CB common hatchies? How many would be far?

Edited by JBluewind

If you take 2 maybe common eggs (CB is your best bet) and gender them, 1 male, 1 female and then hatch them, it's amazing what people will give you for a pair. I've done that a lot of times and gotten some nice trades for them.

Thanks red for the reply. I ended up taking the egg because I decided I needed the BSA more than the flamingos smile.gif

I do have another question to as yall. My friend Katty has a CB Sunstone hatchy. She is a neb horder and has no trios yet. Do you guys think she could get a bred neb or a messy trio for it?

Also, I am looking for a CB Sunsong to add to my own scroll to try to complete my scroll goal (also a 2nd gen PB, but a friend is trying to get me one of those). What would be a fair offer on one (and if I was super lucky, what would a pair of eggs go for)? What if I offered some CB common hatchies? How many would be far?

I think she would be able to get a bred nebbie or a bred trio for it (but then I like breeding eggs for hatchies I see in the trade threads when the members asks for that).

What's the current rating of geodes? Specifically even gen pure-bred geodes? Are they back up to semi-rare status, or still seen as common-ish?

I value other people's opinions on fair market value (I know what think obviously) but what, in your opinion would a 2nd gen purebred gold egg be worth?

This is just my opinion, not nessasarily what other's thing. But I would rate a pb gold as a little bit under one with a holiday mate. Just because not a lot of people have CB metals and it would be tough to find/make a mate for it.

2G golds are worth a lot given how hard the metals are to breed.

i agree that PB pairings are worth less i theory to collectors cause the lineage is harder to continue; but today people don't seem to care about lineages when it comes to 2G metals.

imo a 2G metal, reguardless of its lineage is worth 1-2 Stripes or 1-2 blacks or 3G Tinsel; or multiple uncommons/commons. tbh, unless you need Stripes or Blacks i'd use them to build up any uncommons/commons you need.

for instance, i'd take an IOU for 2 CB Shimmer hatchies or 6 CB Sunsong hatchies on offspring produced by CB Metal.

How much is a second generation Trio worth compared to a CB Trio?

CB Trio = 4G Tinsel while 2G PB = 6G Tinsel. highest CB trade i'd expect for a 2G PB Trio is an Unbreedable or Vine.

np glad to help smile.gif

for the Nebbie or Trio, you should advise her to look into the gifting threads; the BSA gifters especially for the trio. as for the trade, i'd adivse her to make sure to have an egg spot open and to make offers with it rather than list it.

for the sunsong, their semi-uncommon but easy enough to catch if you stick aroudn the jungle. i could easily egg lock myself with them on any given drop. i've been able to get a CB Sunsong with a medium gen tinsel before though in trading. i'd peg a Sunsong equal to a White, Ember or Moonstone. for common hatchies, and combos i'd say it depends on what commons yoru talking about.

for instance, if your offering Stones, you'd liekl have to offer upwards of 4 or 6 hatchies fr a single egg to even get interest; but if your offering a pair of Spitefires, seeing as the new Hybrid has been released, you'll be looking at likely two (even better if their gendered male and female)

What's the current rating of geodes? Specifically even gen pure-bred geodes? Are they back up to semi-rare status, or still seen as common-ish?

common, espeically since both species needed to breed one are easily obtainable.

Edited by Red2111

2G golds are worth a lot given how hard the metals are to breed.

i agree that PB pairings are worth less i theory to collectors cause the lineage is harder to continue; but today people don't seem to care about lineages when it comes to 2G metals.

imo a 2G metal, reguardless of its lineage is worth 1-2 Stripes or 1-2 blacks or 3G Tinsel; or multiple uncommons/commons.  tbh, unless you need Stripes or Blacks i'd use them to build up any uncommons/commons you need.

for instance, i'd take an IOU for 2 CB Shimmer hatchies or 6 CB Sunsong hatchies on offspring produced by CB Metal.

CB Trio = 4G Tinsel  while 2G PB = 6G Tinsel.  highest CB trade i'd expect for a 2G PB Trio is an Unbreedable or Vine.

np glad to help  smile.gif

for the Nebbie or Trio, you should advise her to look into the gifting threads; the BSA gifters especially for the trio.  as for the trade, i'd adivse her to make sure to have an egg spot open and to make offers with it rather than list it.

for the sunsong, their semi-uncommon but easy enough to catch if you stick aroudn the jungle.  i could easily egg lock myself with them on any given drop.  i've been able to get a CB Sunsong with a medium gen tinsel before though in trading.  i'd peg a Sunsong equal to a White, Ember or Moonstone.  for common hatchies, and combos i'd say it depends on what commons yoru talking about.

for instance, if your offering Stones, you'd liekl have to offer upwards of 4 or 6 hatchies fr a single egg to even get interest; but if your offering a pair of Spitefires, seeing as the new Hybrid has been released, you'll be looking at likely two (even better if their gendered male and female)

common, espeically since both species needed to breed one are easily obtainable.

Hmm...that's interesting. I would put a 2nd gen purebred Gold/Silver over a 2nd with a Holiday mate. yes they certainly are easier to get but isn't that the point of breeding rare to rare to get something unique and hard to come by? I currently have a third gen silver egg with a solid silver lineage. I'd prefer the uphill battle I guess to create it vs. using different Holidays to keep a lineage going. Just my opinion I guess. smile.gif

Edited by Misha

imo Misha, the valuablness of a line depends on how easy it is to continue and only if your obsessed like me about lineages.

its just easier to continue Metal/Holiday or Metal/Common than a PB. i'd also value a Metal/Common or Uuncommon higher than a Metal/Holiday cause not everyone has a CB Holiday to continue the lineage *nods*

but imho a Metal/Holiday is the best pairing because you only get Shinys from it happy.gif

At one point people were asking 2nd/3rd gen metals, rare tinsels, etc.

I've seen more of them up for trade lately though, so I'm guessing they are getting a little easier to catch, maybe a little more rare than a black, stripe, or ice.

As far as PB metal I would put them as more valuable than a metal with a holiday, harder to get an egg from such a combo... and I've seen plenty of trade offers where people specifically request a metal NOT bred with a holiday.

Edited by Tawanda001

Stone geodes are seen the same as pebble geodes, then? Wow. That's changed.