Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Would a cb silver hatchling, a female cb astrapi hatchling, a cheese egg, a chicken hatchling, a cb almandine egg and a cb spessartine egg be worth a cb gold?

There are at least two points of view expressed lately on the subject.

1. See Amaterasu-sama's post.

2. My opinion: if someone can catch a CB Gold, he/she can catch everything else so doesn't bother trading unless upwards, i.e. for a 2G Prize. If he/she is feeling generous and takes the time to read trade offers, maybe will accept.

3-4 CB silver for a CB gold is definitely an overkill IMO. I have seen lone trades of someone offering up to two CB silver for gold but they aren't as often. When CB metals used to be rarer people many times swapped silver and gold 1:1 because it could be days before you see another metal in cave so they used to grab whichever came and swap it if they needed the other. Now silver have become cheaper but certainly remains a CB metal still! I would say a fair price is CB silver with few other rares to make it even or 2 CB silver if you're feeling really impatient.

Just noticed that a trader was offering 3 CB Silver hatchies for a CB Gold. I wonder about the outcome of that one.

Edited by NotBambi

Would a cb silver hatchling, a female cb astrapi hatchling, a cheese egg, a chicken hatchling, a cb almandine egg and a cb spessartine egg be worth a cb gold?

Gonna say no.

Golds trade, at minimum, 1:2 for CB Silvers. Right now there's some talk of 1:3. This means your other things - 1x CB Astrapi, 1x Cheese, 1x Chicken, 1x Almandine, 1x Spessartine - have to make up between 1-2 CB Silvers. With Almandines and Spessartines dropping at Xeno levels, you're basically looking at 3 Xenos, a Cheese and a Chicken. I don't think that reaches 1-2 Silvers in value.

If I want to trade CB Rares (not including metallics) for uncommon/common/VC CB hatchies, what's a fair asking price?

I don't normally trade in Alts so I'm a bit at sea about the value of an offer I've received. How much is a black curved alt worth when it's a 3g evengen (golds and holidays in its lineage, so not PB)? The black parent is also an alt, if that makes a difference.

I don't normally trade in Alts so I'm a bit at sea about the value of an offer I've received. How much is a black curved alt worth when it's a 3g evengen (golds and holidays in its lineage, so not PB)? The black parent is also an alt, if that makes a difference.

Just my 2 cents: I didn't get any answer to my own recent question regarding the value of a 2nd gen alt Undine (from GW, so not PB either), but so far I couldn't trade anything for it, despise repeatedly setting my sights lower... and lower... and lower.

So, unless Black Alts are significantly different from Undine Alts, I'd say they're not worth much at all?

Just my 2 cents: I didn't get any answer to my own recent question regarding the value of a 2nd gen alt Undine (from GW, so not PB either), but so far I couldn't trade anything for it, despise repeatedly setting my sights lower... and lower... and lower.

So, unless Black Alts are significantly different from Undine Alts, I'd say they're not worth much at all?

I would say black alts go for a little more than the Undine alts (from my viewpoint, at least). But I would say it wouldn't be worth a WHOLE lot since the alt black in question is not a 2G PB. You may be able to trade it as freeze fodder and get some CB Hatchlings for it.

There are at least two points of view expressed lately on the subject.

1. See Amaterasu-sama's post.

2. My opinion: if someone can catch a CB Gold, he/she can catch everything else so doesn't bother trading unless upwards, i.e. for a 2G Prize. If he/she is feeling generous and takes the time to read trade offers, maybe will accept.

Just noticed that a trader was offering 3 CB Silver hatchies for a CB Gold. I wonder about the outcome of that one.

Hi, I think you may be referring to my trade offer smile.gif

I spend a LOT of time hunting in the cave. I have a nice triple monitor setup so I can watch and refresh all 6 biomes at once while I watch movies (college is out for the summer smile.gif )

I've lost track of how many silvers I've caught so far (at least a couple dozen) but I've only caught 2 golds although I see 1 or 2 golds a day generally. It's incredible how quickly they get taken. I see about 3 silvers a day for every gold if that gives you a good idea of the ratio . I think I'm greedily getting a lot of the silvers up for grabs in the cave (generally 1 or 2 a day) but even still there doesn't seem to be too many people offering for them despite me being rude and taking an excessive amount. I just really want a 2g prize and the only way I know how to get one is by getting the rarest things I can and trading them upwards. I'm honestly quite confused as to the lack of interest in the silvers though. Maybe my trade offers aren't clean enough, or I don't have as much of a presence on the forums as I should, or maybe theres a secret conspiracy out to make sure I never get a 2g prize tongue.gif . Just figured I would offer some of my thoughts on the matter, I hope you guys find them of use.

I spend a LOT of time hunting in the cave. I have a nice triple monitor setup so I can watch and refresh all 6 biomes at once while I watch movies (college is out for the summer smile.gif )

I've lost track of how many silvers I've caught so far (at least a couple dozen) but I've only caught 2 golds although I see 1 or 2 golds a day generally. It's incredible how quickly they get taken. I see about 3 silvers a day for every gold if that gives you a good idea of the ratio . I think I'm greedily getting a lot of the silvers up for grabs in the cave (generally 1 or 2 a day) but even still there doesn't seem to be too many people offering for them despite me being rude and taking an excessive amount. I just really want a 2g prize and the only way I know how to get one is by getting the rarest things I can and trading them upwards. I'm honestly quite confused as to the lack of interest in the silvers though. Maybe my trade offers aren't clean enough, or I don't have as much of a presence on the forums as I should, or maybe theres a secret conspiracy out to make sure I never get a 2g prize  tongue.gif . Just figured I would offer some of my thoughts on the matter, I hope you guys find them of use.

Yes, was your trade, thanks for following up. I'm interested on 2G Prizes as well so, in general, I try to figure out what their breeders want. Few days ago, someone traded a 2G Prize for 4 CB Silvers, you shouldn't lose hope smile.gif The interesting part is that the person posted, right afterwards, offering one CB Silver and asking for a CB Gold, so I guess he/she was under the impression that they had the same value. That's a bit confusing for me because, like you, I see an average of 3 CB Silvers for every CB Gold.

Edited by NotBambi

How much would a CB Golden Wyvern be worth these days? Could I get someone to breed me some metalkin for one or get a CB Trio?

How much would a CB Golden Wyvern be worth these days? Could I get someone to breed me some metalkin for one or get a CB Trio?

If metalkin = metal fails, yeah, you could definitely manage that. Not as sure about the Trio, since someone mentioned having trouble trading away gold wyverns a few pages ago.

I've lost track of how many silvers I've caught so far (at least a couple dozen) but I've only caught 2 golds although I see 1 or 2 golds a day generally. It's incredible how quickly they get taken. I see about 3 silvers a day for every gold if that gives you a good idea of the ratio . I think I'm greedily getting a lot of the silvers up for grabs in the cave (generally 1 or 2 a day) but even still there doesn't seem to be too many people offering for them despite me being rude and taking an excessive amount. I just really want a 2g prize and the only way I know how to get one is by getting the rarest things I can and trading them upwards. I'm honestly quite confused as to the lack of interest in the silvers though. Maybe my trade offers aren't clean enough, or I don't have as much of a presence on the forums as I should, or maybe theres a secret conspiracy out to make sure I never get a 2g prize tongue.gif . Just figured I would offer some of my thoughts on the matter, I hope you guys find them of use.

Getting 2nd gen prizes is all about luck, timing, and flexibility.... *And* politeness and patience... if you don't have access to 2nd gen Thuweds, 2nd gen Spriter Alts, or 2nd gen Prizes (as eggs).

Before I had my Spriter Alts, I was able to acquire four 2nd gen prizes, but I didn't trade a single metal for them. The first was a gift from a good buddy, two were large common hatchie trades, and the other was a raffle win. But it took multiple years to get all 4, and it was all about patience.

From what I've found, most Prizes owners already have tons of metals, so they tend to look for even more exotic fodder, or massive amounts of things which mean a lot to them personally... when they have room on their lists. For instance, my 2nd gen Spriter Alts can only be had for massive amounts of CB hatchies... because all I really want right now is armies of certain breeds and I have no use or interest in metals, other than a 2nd gen Prize or two I need for breeding. There is really nothing else out there that would tempt me, and many prize owners seem to fall into this category.

So to get a 2nd gen Prize, you have to go hunting the people that have them. Check their profile, and following what they have there. Most will have something like "trade list closed" if they aren't trading, and you need to respect that and not bug them. But some will have "open for x, y, and z". Also, there are a couple raffle type threads that give away 2nd gen prizes.

So yea, have patience and be open to novel trades.

Cheers!

C4.

Almandines and Xenos are about the same rarity right now, right? How many would be a fair trade for a CB Gold? I'm thinking something like 10:1 but I want to be sure I'm not ripping anyone off.

Almandines and Xenos are about the same rarity right now, right? How many would be a fair trade for a CB Gold? I'm thinking something like 10:1 but I want to be sure I'm not ripping anyone off.

I would give even 15 if someone even considered trading a gold tongue.gif

Would this https://dragcave.net/lineage/I44P4 be worth a cb silver or cb gold?

I've gotten a cb silver for a 3g prize before, depends on the line and the mate though. I'm not sure how popular waterhorses are. You won't get a cb gold for it though. You could try asking for a range of things like cb xenos, coppers and include a silver on your want list.

I'll pop in and say rhat the line has a LOT of prizekins, which might affect its rarity.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I'll pop in and say rhat the line has a LOT of prizekins, which might affect its rarity.

in a good or bad way?

I agree with Amy.x, a CB Gold is worth 15 Xenos/Almandines.

What's a 2G Shimmerfail Xeno worth? Is it worth at least a CB Copper?

EDIT: Thanks, NotBambi. Someone's offered it on one of my trades where I was asking for a CB Copper, and this makes it an easy decision. smile.gif

Edited by obelisk_light

What's a 2G Shimmerfail Xeno worth? Is it worth at least a CB Copper?

I browsed this topic and, based on that and my experience, a CB Copper could be a reasonable trade. Not sure you could get a Verdigris, probably you could get a Liver of Sulfur.

Exactly how difficult would it be to obtain an any-lineage holly during christmas? And how valuable would the offspring of dragons like this, this and this be?

Plus, what's a fair ratio for ND:CB gold?

Edited by Cheekadee

Exactly how difficult would it be to obtain an any-lineage holly during christmas? And how valuable would the offspring of dragons like this, this and this be?

Plus, what's a fair ratio for ND:CB gold?

I can just share my experience. 4th and above Holly generations are not too hard to obtain. 3rd Gens Hollies are harder to get. 2nd Gen... almost impossible and will get harder every year since few CB owners are still around and doesn't look there will be a way to get CB Hollies again. Many suggestions ask for a way to get them but...

I'm really sorry but the off-springs do not seem very valuable.

Based on my experience and many previous posts, 1 (CB) ND is worth 1 CB Gold.