Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

A nice holly but not especially valuable other than it's directly descended from Deoc Thuwed. You may or may not be able to trade it for a lower gen holly if someone is looking for a nice clean thuwed holly

I saw posts by breeders of 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen Prizes offering them to get the same gen of Hollies. I'm persuaded that a 2nd Gen Holly is quite more valuable than a 2nd Gen Prize and that a 3rd Gen Holly is quite more valuable than a 3rd Gen Prize and decided I would not offer Hollies to obtain same gen Prizes. Is your experience any different?

If anyone can help me out, trying to figure out some trading equivalencies.

How many CB Coppers and CB Xenos would make an equivalency to a CB Gold?

How many CB Almandines and CB Spessartines would make an equivalency to 6 CB Xenos and 3 CB Coppers?

How do 3rd-5th Gen Hollies compare to non-Holidays, particularly after the breeding season is over?

How do 3rd-5th Gen Hollies compare to non-Holidays, particularly after the breeding season is over?

Someone has pointed out that at this point, 2nd gen Hollies are much rarer than 2nd gen prizes. I've seen a lot of prize owners offer a 2nd gen prize for a 2nd gen Holly, and I believe most of them didn't get one, because most Holly lists have been closed already for quite a long time.

For a clean-lineaged Holly, I think you can get a prize dragon of the same generation easily, probably even one that is one generation shorter than the Holly. Not sure whether you can get a 2nd gen prize for a 3rd gen Holly, but I'm pretty sure you can easily get a 3rd gen prize for a 4th gen Holly and a 4th gen prize for a 5th gen Holly.

If anyone can help me out, trying to figure out some trading equivalencies.

How many CB Coppers and CB Xenos would make an equivalency to a CB Gold?

How many CB Almandines and CB Spessartines would make an equivalency to 6 CB Xenos and 3 CB Coppers?

Problem with trading up is: Whoever can catch a cb gold, can catch cb coppers and cb xenos easily. So those trades usually don't happen, because gold catchers are usually trying to trade up themselves, for 2nd gen prizes, or at this point Hollies. Even trading silvers up for golds has been reported as difficult several times. The same is true about almadines and spessartines - whoever can catch them, can catch xenos and coppers as well. Almadines are currently rarer than golds, so 6 xenos and 3 coppers are probably not even enough for a single one.

Problem with trading up is: Whoever can catch a cb gold, can catch cb coppers and cb xenos easily. So those trades usually don't happen, because gold catchers are usually trying to trade up themselves, for 2nd gen prizes, or at this point Hollies[....] Almadines are currently rarer than golds, so 6 xenos and 3 coppers are probably not even enough for a single one.

Very true on this first part. The second is probably true, but the few times I've have a CB Almandine I've never, ever gotten a gold for it even though it was my specific request, and I believe others have reported the same. sad.gif So it's down to rarity not being the same as demand sometimes.

On the other hand you could manage to make a trade of xenos/coppers for spessartines or possibly even a silver if you contact someone specifically and offer to influence and hatch a bunch of them. Maybe. Depends on how much they value their eggslots, and you having the right assortment for what they want. I've made that spessartine trade myself to get a handful of xeno hatchies just for the convenience, but that's because I don't have much use for pyralspites in my own breeding.

Someone has pointed out that at this point, 2nd gen Hollies are much rarer than 2nd gen prizes. I've seen a lot of prize owners offer a 2nd gen prize for a 2nd gen Holly, and I believe most of them didn't get one, because most Holly lists have been closed already for quite a long time.

For a clean-lineaged Holly, I think you can get a prize dragon of the same generation easily, probably even one that is one generation shorter than the Holly. Not sure whether you can get a 2nd gen prize for a 3rd gen Holly, but I'm pretty sure you can easily get a 3rd gen prize for a 4th gen Holly and a 4th gen prize for a 5th gen Holly.

Problem with trading up is: Whoever can catch a cb gold, can catch cb coppers and cb xenos easily. So those trades usually don't happen, because gold catchers are usually trying to trade up themselves, for 2nd gen prizes, or at this point Hollies. Even trading silvers up for golds has been reported as difficult several times. The same is true about almadines and spessartines - whoever can catch them, can catch xenos and coppers as well. Almadines are currently rarer than golds, so 6 xenos and 3 coppers are probably not even enough for a single one.

Personally, there is no way that I would give up a 2nd Gen Holly to get a 2nd Gen Prize. 2G Hollies are (potentially) available two weeks in the whole year. I would probably trade a 3rd Gen Holly for a 2G Prize but I doubt the breeder of the prize would agree smile.gif

I'm under the impression that the Almandines are considered rarer than Golds just because they drop only in one biome. People that can catch Golds can catch Almandines as well, they just need to focus on the Alpine. But the 2G Almandines have no value so trades are frustrating and hunters end keeping or gifting the CBs.

I caught a CB Silver and want to trade it against CB Xenos (saves me time on catching Xenos, and hopefully allows someone else to trade up as Xenos are easier to catch than Silvers).

I'm currently asking for 4-6 Xenos: 2 specified by me and the remainder my trade partner's choice. Does that sound fair to both parties?

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

I must admit as someone who does hunt decently, yes Almandines & sometimes Spessartines are rarer to drop than a Gold, at times.

Not all the time though, however, I believe Golds keep their value higher than Almandines (thus over Spessartines) because (and this is from reading someone's comment a while ago that I understand and can agree on) CB Golds have never really lost their "value" over the years of released new eggs. Where as Alamandines are still "fresh" so to speak and their value is not fully determined yet. I am not sure on my wording, plus I think other users do not put Almandines higher than Golds (even though their drop rate I believe is similar) because most are unsure if they will drop as common as Xenos do now compared to when they first came out (or so I have heard). Thank you for your feedback, I am still trying to place a value for CB Almandines and Spessartines myself, so it good to hear others' thoughts.

Very true on this first part.  The second is probably true, but the few times I've have a CB Almandine I've never, ever gotten a gold for it even though it was my specific request, and I believe others have reported the same.  sad.gif  So it's down to rarity not being the same as demand sometimes.

On the other hand you could manage to make a trade of xenos/coppers for spessartines or possibly even a silver if you contact someone specifically and offer to influence and hatch a bunch of them.  Maybe.  Depends on how much they value their eggslots, and you having the right assortment for what they want.  I've made that spessartine trade myself to get a handful of xeno hatchies just for the convenience, but that's because I don't have much use for pyralspites in my own breeding.

I agree with your observation, I have not yet seen a trade of a Gold asking for an Almandine or someone trading for a Gold with an Almandine. As I stated above, I believe those who can catch a CB Gold probably do not place an Almandine as higher for value (even though it is still pretty rare at times). Probably those who can catch the CB Gold can catch the CB Almandine also, so that would also lower the trade, so to speak, for an Almandine than a 2G Prize or Holly that they cannot breed themselves.

Again, thank you for the feedback ^^ I believe I have a ball park idea of what Almandines and Spessartines are "worth".

I caught a CB Silver and want to trade it against CB Xenos (saves me time on catching Xenos, and hopefully allows someone else to trade up as Xenos are easier to catch than Silvers).

I'm currently asking for 4-6 Xenos: 2 specified by me and the remainder my trade partner's choice. Does that sound fair to both parties?

I believe (and anyone can correct me if I am wrong) that will solely depend on the user's needs.

4-6 Xenos is quite an amount of eggs for one. But it is a CB Silver, so someone who may not have time to hunt the cave for Silvers, wants a CB Silver badly, and come across Xenos may often could trade without hesitation.

On the flipside, the number of eggs is still a good amount for a person to offer. Some people may not even have that many on them at that moment to trade and some may not have egg slots for it either (below Bronze trophy users).

(My view may be a bit biased though, as I do not know the "true value" of a CB Silver at the moment so I do apologize.)

I believe (and anyone can correct me if I am wrong) that will solely depend on the user's needs.

4-6 Xenos is quite an amount of eggs for one. But it is a CB Silver, so someone who may not have time to hunt the cave for Silvers, wants a CB Silver badly, and come across Xenos may often could trade without hesitation.

On the flipside, the number of eggs is still a good amount for a person to offer. Some people may not even have that many on them at that moment to trade and some may not have egg slots for it either (below Bronze trophy users).

(My view may be a bit biased though, as I do not know the "true value" of a CB Silver at the moment so I do apologize.)

I'd have said that 4-6 was rather a lot. I don't actually need another CB silver, but I wouldn't go more than 4 for the gold I DO need...

If that's on an IOU basis, that's a wonderful offer. If you want them immediately, it could get tricky. (Also because the trade system on the site only allows four items to be transferred on one link)

In my experience, Xenos have gotten much easier to obtain. Especially if you leave most of the specifics of which xenowyrms to get to your trade partner, I'd rank them as uncommon - they're comparable to trios. They take some cave-camping and decent reflexes to catch, but I could do it in a work week, i.e. nab them through somewhat casual hunting in the four hours I have after I get home, which I consider a decent gauge of "doable". (That said, my doable may not be anyone else's doable. I rank "any xenowyrm" as more common than "any trio", but "a specific xenowyrm" as less common than "a specific trio", so I suppose it's a fine line to walk.)

If I still needed silvers, I'd trade you. smile.gif

Update: I got a trade for 5 Xenos (2 my choice, 3 theirs) on IOU basis.

I agree with PinkGothic on catching Xenos. I can pretty much nab them when I see them. My problem is that I have very little time right now, and they don't drop often in that small window. I got lucky with the Silver dropping on my third refresh (and then again when I was the first to grab it).

I think this trade worked well for both of us: I get the Xenos that I don't have time to hunt right now, and they get the Silver which is harder to catch.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

I think most of us with poor catching ability (for whatever reason) are always happy to have an opportunity to trade up for things we know we'll probably never get on our own. How much we are willing to trade up probably depends on how much free time we have. I'm almost always ready to trade anywhere from 6-12 eggs, depending.

ATM I am committed to trading an insane number of eggs to a single player, partly out of boredom, partly to help them with their scroll goals because they are a nice and generous player, and partly because I really, really wanted a particular egg and it's not the sort of thing I could normally trade for.

I think most of us with poor catching ability (for whatever reason) are always happy to have an opportunity to trade up for things we know we'll probably never get on our own. How much we are willing to trade up probably depends on how much free time we have. I'm almost always ready to trade anywhere from 6-12 eggs, depending.

That's how I traded for rares when I was playing on my old (slow) computer - a ton of commons (usually hatched) for a rare. I try to do the same for other players now, i.e. by offering 2G metals or 3G Prizes in exchange for a bunch of hatchies. Those are IOU deals since I'm usually looking for hatchies from my catch list, but they're common and the list is long enough to pick and choose from. I don't get a lot of takers though. Either short-lineaged metals aren't popular, or players aren't keen to do catch 'n hatch deals (or both). (I do make sure to give the other player room to do their own thing while collecting for me - i.e. spend two egg slots on the IOU eggs and the rest on their own goals.)

How many (any lineaged) red dragon hatchlings (if any at all) would I be able to get for a 2g purebred ice hatchling?

Is one CB Xeno (Mageia) worth a CB Copper?

Depending on the one looking for it, and what color you want.

Some people might be willing to trade you for a brown copper, but not likely for a green one.

I need more Faloniforms for a breeding project. I bred my female GON to my CB male Silver and ended up with an Avatar of Creation. I want to know what Faloniforms are worth and how many are fair for the second gen AoC? Thanks.

I realise the answer is going to vary depending on which hatchies and which xeno and what each is worth to each of the traders, but roughly how many common CB hatchies would a CB Xeno typically go for? (A rough range depending on Xeno value would be most helpful, assuming a wide variety of hatchie breeds are acceptable.)

Edited by shopfront

Avatars aren't terribly difficult to breed, though the silver mate is nice. I don't see many cb falconforms in the AP so probably someone would need to camp out in the biomes, so maybe 3-4 eggs as a rough guess.

Xenos- I just paid 4 hatchies for one but I think up to six or seven may not be too difficult to get, depending on your variables