Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

How do Trios compare to Xenos?

Reporting back to let you know that I managed to trade my CB Ice for a CB Chrono pretty easily.

What could be a possibly fair trade if I wanted a 2g Holly form CB male Holly

if CBs and 3rd gen prizes are impossible for me to offer?

In case of hybrids, is this more or less valuable than 'checked' CBs?:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ScQqy

What's the value of an arrowhead Prize:

a ) if the cb breed is all the same?

b ) if one 'stair' is from one CB breed and the other from another CB breed?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/grleb https://dragcave.net/lineage/WQLwh

4. of a 4th or 5th gen stairtep Prize? (all CB same breed)

5. Does the prize's colour matter? Could I swap a bronze for a gold of equal lineage (e.g 4g stair for 4g stair)?

6. What are 3rd gen PB Silvers and Golds worth?

7. What are 2g PB Xenos worth(like Pyro+Pyro=Pyro)? And what are they worth compared to a CB PB pairing breeding another colour(like Pyro+Pyro=Mageia)?

8. When a PB even-gen is worth the most?

9. What's the worth of a 2g Avatar from uncommon?

Edited by VixenDra

5. Does the prize's colour matter? Could I swap a bronze for a gold of equal lineage (e.g 4g stair for 4g stair)?

7. What are 2g PB Xenos worth(like Pyro+Pyro=Pyro)? And what are they worth compared to a CB PB pairing breeding another colour(like Pyro+Pyro=Mageia)?

I'll just answer those I know.

1. No idea really. This is iffy as it very much depends on the individual owners.

2. I generally feel checkers are worth more and they are also more sought after.

3. Not really much, doesn't matter which version mostly. Hard to continue but also:

4. Above Gen 3 Prizes are really not all that valuable anymore.

5. I don't think it matters, it does to some people, but with the amount of prizes released already I'd say you can mostly swap around freely.

6. No idea.

7. Also no idea but to mee frankly not much. Xenos are not that are as CBs at the moment due to increased drop rate.

8. Hard to tell Common EGs are really not worth a lot in trading. They are nice to look at but this is mostly an I'll help with yours in return for help with mine or gifting of epic lineages. Unless it's Rares I don't really think EGs are worth a lot trading-wise

9. No idea.

1. This is a really tough one. I'm after a 2nd gen Holly and CAN offer low gen prizes, and I still have not gotten a bite. Hollies are just so rare, and a lot of Holly owners have theirs booked for years in advance either for themselves, friends, or IOUs.

2. It really depends on what people are looking for, honestly. I personally value a "checker" like this more than just a checkered base. It's more difficult to get because you need both outcomes. Some people like Avatar x Avatar better. I would say, overall, more people do the checkered base than the internal arrow pattern, so the checker base might be worth a bit more.

3. Arrowhead prizes really aren't worth very much, especially if they are high gen. A few people like them, but they tend to be ends of lineages. They are given away very frequently in the Departures thread. I would say they would probably be a difficult trade unless someone was specifically looking for one.

4. 4th gen you can still get something for, especially 2015 line. Most people ask for a CB hatchling, unless it is a really rare/difficult line. Some exceptionally difficult newer lines you can trade a 4th gen for a more common 3rd gen just because it is SO hard to get a prize offspring from the combo. 5th gen aren't worth much, either, unless someone is looking for a specific one to make an arrow lineage.

5. Yes, with the release of more prizes, it has come to matter. This is especially true for very low gens, much less so for 4th gen and up. I don't doubt you could trade a 4th gen bronze for at least a silver, probably even a gold.

6. Not a lot, though a few people are doing lineages. I find it is easier to search for the people wanting them and THEN breed them rather than breed them and hope someone offers. I got a CB thunder hatchie for two purebred chronos by doing this. As far as the CB PB pairing producing another colour, probably would be difficult to trade. Most people doing PB lineages want the same colour outcome. I frequently find colour fails in the AP and Departures thread.

7. Avatars aren't so in demand as they once were. Again, this is another which is much easier to look for someone seeking them and THEN breed them than the other way around.

If I wanted to produce a Holly arrowhead - meaning I'd need descendants of a CB female(there are just 7 CB f known to exist:() and a CB male, which generation I could potentially be most likely to get both for? And what more or less I could trade to get these?

Edited by VixenDra

If I wanted to produce a Holly arrowhead - meaning I'd need descendants of a CB female(there are just 7 CB f known to exist:() and a CB male, which generation I could potentially be most likely to get both for? And what more or less I could trade to get these?

That's really hard to answer. Low Gens is a problem because like I have said and like harlequinraven said this is super iffy.

Higher Gens can be anything from gift to rares, it's just not easy to tell you a difinite answer to this. High Gen Hollies are not really worth that much anymore because there are more in the market.

To an extent Hollies are a lot like Tinsels: in 2009 when I got my Holly even messy and high gens went for CB Metallics just because people wanted to get ahold of one sooooooooo badly. Now Most people won't even look at trades with Hollies higher than Gen 3-4 if anything really valuable is the other side of the deal.

In my opinion, maybe a low rare like a CB Unbreedable. Normally when I get fails like a Blusang from Ariella's Melody I just drop it into the Departures thread or the AP and it gets picked up fairly quickly.

Its makes a good mate for someone looking for that exact mate, though. Its worth a try

How many CB Halloween hatchlings do you think would be reasonable to ask for a 2nd gen bronze Tinsel? (lets say with an uncommon mate)

Thank you guys for the replies. I'll definitely take it on board. smile.gif

Edited by tishavara

How many CB Halloween hatchlings do you think would be reasonable to ask for a 2nd gen bronze Tinsel? (lets say with an uncommon mate)

Any help would be appreciated I'm really bad at determining rarity.

Hard to say really.

Personally I'd be realistic. Look at what people can catch and possibly allow for a few to be traded for additionally.

I'd be a bit suspicious of too high numbers. Not that I want to like incriminate anyone but events like Halloween are temptation for multiscrolling. Again this is not intended to incriminate people with high numbers, but if I want to be 100% sure the end I recieved was obtained 100% legitimate I'd rather not go overboard too much.

But to be honest, also the value of Gen 2 Prizes has a limit.

Edited by Nalyua

So, the value of CB Spessartines has gone down lately. Do you think I could get an IOU for halloween hatchlings from 2012-2014 for one? If so, how many? What kinds of things are CB Spessartines trading for these days, anyway?

So, the value of CB Spessartines has gone down lately. Do you think I could get an IOU for halloween hatchlings from 2012-2014 for one? If so, how many? What kinds of things are CB Spessartines trading for these days, anyway?

Honestly if you were willing to take eggs you could probably get them largely for free. There are many people gifting them especially also in the IRC chatroom.

Not so sure what hatchies go for in any instance in this case you are paying not only for the lineage but also the scroll space for hatching.

What is this worth?

Probably not a huge amount unless someone is specifically looking for that lineage. I drop 3rd gen prize fails (trio/blusang tier rares) in the departures thread, and while they do always go, they aren't snapped up even as fast as long gen prizes are.

Any help would be appreciated I'm really bad at determining rarity.

I, personally, would not trade a 2nd gen for Halloween hatchies, even though I do want them.

However, if I were to trade a 2nd gen, I would be most easily convinced if someone wanted a rarer mate (makes getting a prize easier instead of several fails, as I even had several fails with magmas, which are rares), I would want to hatchies to be close to growing up when I got them, and I would certainly not go for less than 7 (the maximum eggs a person could catch and raise).

My reasoning is that it is usually much easier to trade for hatchies AFTERWARD when people already have them than it is to line up IOUs. I may not even LIKE the new release enough to want to trade a 2nd gen. For a third gen prize or a CB copper/silver, I would be willing to risk not liking the release as much.

Now, obviously I am only one person, but this seems like nebulous territory because likely not a lot of people are trading 2Gs for Halloweens. I figured I would weigh in to give you some idea, at least.

Edited by harlequinraven

On the other hand, you need to keep in mind that someone offering all their CB Halloweens plus trades one means that this person must take the risk of getting none for themself.

Personally I would actually not take this risk for a Gen 2.

So this is really not an easy question. Offering 2-3 CB hatchies, and honestly I would not really offer more for one personally simply because getting CB events IS a one timer, for a Gen 3 and keeping some is easier done than offering more than the own catching capacity and risking not being able to keep some.

Edited by Nalyua

On the other hand, you need to keep in mind that someone offering all their CB Halloweens plus trades one means that this person must take the risk of getting none for themself.

Personally I would actually not take this risk for a Gen 2.

So this is really not an easy question. Offering 2-3 CB hatchies, and honestly I would not really offer more for one personally simply because getting CB events IS a one timer, for a Gen 3 and keeping some is easier done than offering more than the own catching capacity and risking not being able to keep some.

I do agree with that. I would happily take a couple hatchies for a 3rd gen. Also, as I mentioned, I think 7 hatchies would be fair (which is the max a person could raise without trades) for someone who is willing to take that risk. This negates some of the chance of not getting any for themselves, especially if they know they are good at trading for them. Considering that some people get 100 Halloweens in a single year (holy cow!), they are clearly not THAT hard to trade for. I'm sure some of those are IOUs on the part of the person receiving the hatchies (i.e. they owe the other person something to be bred), but still.

I would not likely trade a 2nd gen for just freshly hatched halloweens, though, unless they had a pretty big batch to offer (i.e. after they already started hatching and they had more than the 7). For an IOU, I would rather have someone offer me some Halloween hatchies plus some other things (gold/neglected/silvers/several mates I need). Then I don't risk getting nothing but sprites I am not too interested in, they don't risk getting no Halloweens, and everyone is happy. When you consider that prizes are often butts about breeding (I've been on no egg save for one magma prizefail since August, despite changing up mates and even waiting an extra day to breed) and an uncommon is likely to give several fails before you get a prize, you could be looking at months of tying up your prize. All for sprites you may or may not actually end up liking.

Meanwhile, once the eggs actually start hatching, it'll be easier to do trades for a couple hatchlings here and there with 3rd gens, CB metals, etc. You can very likely get more hatchlings by trading the second gen for some CB metals, then trading the metals for Halloween hatchlings. wink.gif

It's really a matter of something known to be extremely high value and well-liked versus something no one knows whether or not they are going to like.

Certainly some prize owners might be willing to trade a 2nd gen for an IOU Halloween hatchlings, but I wouldn't bet on it being a low number, especially prior to the actual release when the community has somewhat of an idea what they might be like.

I think, honestly, it might be easier for the OP to raise the eggs to hatchlings and then offer them in exchange for a 2G prize. smile.gif I also know it would depend on how low time the hatchlings are. I would be much more likely to trade a 2G bronze (in fact, probably would), for hatchlings that are either able to grow up with enough views or just need a few more hours (opening up space for more) than I would for freshly hatched ones. My original opinion on the matter is assuming freshly hatched, which means taking up scroll space for several days.

I do agree with that. I would happily take a couple hatchies for a 3rd gen. Also, as I mentioned, I think 7 hatchies would be fair (which is the max a person could raise without trades) for someone who is willing to take that risk. This negates some of the chance of not getting any for themselves, especially if they know they are good at trading for them. Considering that some people get 100 Halloweens in a single year (holy cow!), they are clearly not THAT hard to trade for. I'm sure some of those are IOUs on the part of the person receiving the hatchies (i.e. they owe the other person something to be bred), but still.

I would not likely trade a 2nd gen for just freshly hatched halloweens, though, unless they had a pretty big batch to offer (i.e. after they already started hatching and they had more than the 7). For an IOU, I would rather have someone offer me some Halloween hatchies plus some other things (gold/neglected/silvers/several mates I need). Then I don't risk getting nothing but sprites I am not too interested in, they don't risk getting no Halloweens, and everyone is happy. When you consider that prizes are often butts about breeding (I've been on no egg save for one magma prizefail since August, despite changing up mates and even waiting an extra day to breed) and an uncommon is likely to give several fails before you get a prize, you could be looking at months of tying up your prize. All for sprites you may or may not actually end up liking.

Meanwhile, once the eggs actually start hatching, it'll be easier to do trades for a couple hatchlings here and there with 3rd gens, CB metals, etc. You can very likely get more hatchlings by trading the second gen for some CB metals, then trading the metals for Halloween hatchlings. wink.gif

It's really a matter of something known to be extremely high value and well-liked versus something no one knows whether or not they are going to like.

Certainly some prize owners might be willing to trade a 2nd gen for an IOU Halloween hatchlings, but I wouldn't bet on it being a low number, especially prior to the actual release when the community has somewhat of an idea what they might be like.

I think, honestly, it might be easier for the OP to raise the eggs to hatchlings and then offer them in exchange for a 2G prize. smile.gif I also know it would depend on how low time the hatchlings are. I would be much more likely to trade a 2G bronze (in fact, probably would), for hatchlings that are either able to grow up with enough views or just need a few more hours (opening up space for more) than I would for freshly hatched ones. My original opinion on the matter is assuming freshly hatched, which means taking up scroll space for several days.

I agree with you, I was merely playing agent provokateur.

The risk of not getting own CBs is one part, but for the fun of it assume someone offers twenty.

Where do they come from? Can I be sure they were caught from a non Multi scroll? It's also an issue!

Even if the person offering twenty got them in legitimate trades but what about before they came to that person? Another reason why I caution against high number rare trades.

Edited by Nalyua

I agree with you, I was merely playing agent provokateur.

The risk of not getting own CBs is one part, but for the fun of it assume someone offers twenty.

Where do they come from? Can I be sure they were caught from a non Multi scroll? It's also an issue!

I certainly would not take an IOU for more than 7, no, both because of possible multi-scrolling and because they might not be able to keep it. The only time I would consider it if I knew the person was good at trading for Halloween hatchlings based on seeing them do so in previous years (which would require me remembering, and that is a no go! HA!).

I think an IOU of 6-7 low time hatchies would be fair, and it is something I might actually do (if they were very low time). The OP did not specify the age of the hatchlings, so I went with freshly hatched ones in my assessment of how likely the trade would be to get. If they are offering ones ready to grow up with more views, that's worth something. That's a fair amount of time spent raising them, plus counting they are limited time release, plus not locking your scroll for any time at all so you have room to keep accepting more in trade. wink.gif

So if the OP is still reading our back and forth discussion, I think there is your answer. blink.gif

As far as high numbers, again, I would not accept as an IOU. If someone offers me them already hatched and ready, and I see no evidence of multi-scrolling, I would accept it. I can't monitor every single transaction that happened. I will leave multiscrollers to TJ and the mods to deal with. If I personally see something I think is suspicious, of course I will report it, but if there's no reason to believe it is not legit, I'm not going to assume the worst. I've had people assume the worst about me before because I have a lot of CB metals (even before I had a prize), but I'm just a fast clicker with a lot of patience (and an extremely good eye for coppers and silvers, apparently!)

Edited by harlequinraven

Yes I most certainly agree with you! Also the discussion was interesting, so thanks smile.gif

What could I trade for a 2G avatar tinsel fail or alt baby?

Alt baby, as in 2nd gen from a spriter alt? Those are worth a pretty high amount. I usually trade two for a 2G prize (though that is for ones specifically of my choice, so it might be a bit less if you're offering a pre-bred one).

The same is true of 2G prizefails. They are worth more if you are breeding specifically what someone wants, less if you just have a random one. Still, they are hardly worthless. Common fails are worth less. I would put Avatar fails in the same category as trio fails, which I can usually get at least a CB green copper for. Sometimes more if it is what people are looking for.

Alt baby, as in 2nd gen from a spriter alt? Those are worth a pretty high amount. I usually trade two for a 2G prize (though that is for ones specifically of my choice, so it might be a bit less if you're offering a pre-bred one).

The same is true of 2G prizefails. They are worth more if you are breeding specifically what someone wants, less if you just have a random one. Still, they are hardly worthless. Common fails are worth less. I would put Avatar fails in the same category as trio fails, which I can usually get at least a CB green copper for. Sometimes more if it is what people are looking for.

I would like to add that these fails as rare as they themself may be have no whatsoever reproduction value on their own.

So the people recieving them cannot use them for further trading mostly. Unless for specifically planned projects like my http://dragcave.net/lineage/aWiOz or http://dragcave.net/lineage/SwY9H or http://dragcave.net/lineage/4vmVD

So I wouldn't go overboard too much with these. At the end of they day they remain whatever breed they are and not a prize or alt themself.

I'm not saying that they are worthless, but I have seen it too often that people try to milk profit out of "fails" as if it were a prize (unreasonable demands such as CB metallics, as in plural, or laughing at me as I say I cannot offer a different Gen 2 fail in return out of a lack of option to breed one, and NO a blood swap is not unreasonable but the way this trader treated me was). And I have been on the recieving side of such in my eyes silly demands with no small amount of frustration as I was trying to find mates for my Gen 2 Prizes.

So I would caution against overdoing it in trades.

CB Copper or Xeno seems fair to me though.

Edited by Nalyua

Maybe. Depends on how the person in question values those two. Spessies have become much less rare recently, but the market for Xenos has really cooled since, extreme popularity aside, they drop pretty readily. So they're both once-hot properties that have now cooled a bit. Worth a shot.