Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Is an Avatar of Change more valuable than a Pyro Xeno?

Generally speaking, no. However, it would depend on the outcome. Some mates are REALLY hard to get avatars from, and someone looking for that specific outcome might be quite willing to pay a xeno for it.

I have a 2G Gold from Gold x Spring. Could I get a CB Xenoswyrm, Spessartine or Almandine for that? Could I get more than one? What if I add a CB Ice to the 2G Gold?

I have a 2G Gold from Gold x Spring. Could I get a CB Xenoswyrm, Spessartine or Almandine for that? Could I get more than one? What if I add a CB Ice to the 2G Gold?

Xenowyrm - easily.

Spessartine - probably. In my opinion, it's a fair trade, even without adding a CB Ice.

Almandine - highly unlikely. They are pretty much the same rarity as CB Golds right now.

Do you think I have a chance to trade this 2G alt Vine (it's influenced correctly) for 1-2 CB new Halloween hatchlings IOU?

user posted image

If not, could I get anything nice for it - let's say some more-uncommon or rare CB egg/eggs?

How do Trios compare to Xenos?

Trios are worth slightly less than xenos in my experience. I think that's because the demand for xenos hasn't died down yet, my guess is that in the long run they'll be about equal.

Trios are worth much less atm, Xenowyrms can be traded for much more smile.gif

Trios are worth much less atm, Xenowyrms can be traded for much more smile.gif

I wouldn't be so sure, I see way more Xenos than trios and if someone say missed the Trio release and still needs their share but can get Xenos well atm?

With the current Xeno-fest many people in trade threads are trading at least one Xeno. I see much less Trios.

I have seen Xenos go for a couple (2-3) in demand UCs like Gemstones, Nebulas, Tan Ridges and the like as well.

Edited by Nalyua

I have these eggs(all CB):

Copper from jungle, magma, thunder, coast pyralspite

and my boyfriend has and is willing to give me to trade:

Coast Xeno, Alpine xeno(x2), Volcano Xeno

What combinations of these can I get an alpine pyralspite with?

Edited by AppleMango

Coast Xeno, Alpine xeno

The Jungle Copper could go 1:1, as far as I have seen people want the green one the most (I think because the biomes just move super slow), I'm not entirely sure about the coast pyral, all the others I'd probably put up as suggestion for 2:1 and ask for someone interested to PM me which they would like.

I wouldn't be so sure, I see way more Xenos than trios and if someone say missed the Trio release and still needs their share but can get Xenos well atm?

With the current Xeno-fest many people in trade threads are trading at least one Xeno. I see much less Trios.

I have seen Xenos go for a couple (2-3) in demand UCs like Gemstones, Nebulas, Tan Ridges and the like as well.

I guess it depends on personal preference, if the trios are indeed what they require then it would be more valuable than xenos biggrin.gif I think most people already have enough cb trios of their own, but new players and players making lineages might find it more in demand.

@AppleMango CB alpine pyrals are extremely rare right now, I have yet to even see them around in the trades and in the alpine lately. It might take more than what you have to trade for one.

Edited by wtf

I've had a tan ridgewing up for trade and posted "cb xeno = auto" along with other things on my want list. I got two offers within less than half an hour (and accepted one). So I think that xenos are at a 1:1 ratio with tan cb ridgewings. I definitely agree concerning nebulae and gemshards, though.

I agree with wtf, almadines are extremely rare (I've seen more golds and silvers than almadines), so I doubt that any combination of less rare things will work out in a trade. The almadines that I've seen up for trade asked for cb golds, neglecteds or a 2nd gen prize with their choice of mate. I don't think anyone paid that for an almadine, but I also don't think the traders let them go for less.

Coast Xeno, Alpine xeno(x2), Volcano Xeno

You probably cant get an Alpine Pyral for all of them together even.

They seem to be worth the same as a CB gold at the moment.

To add to the Almandine discussion, from my own experience from hunting in the past week I've seen next to no Almandines at all but several Golds dropping each day.

I wouldn't advise trying to trade for an Almandine at this time because they're dropping so scarcely that they're pretty overvalued. It might be better in the future but that's the same thing I was told several months ago about the Almandine situation.

I've had a tan ridgewing up for trade and posted "cb xeno = auto" along with other things on my want list. I got two offers within less than half an hour (and accepted one). So I think that xenos are at a 1:1 ratio with tan cb ridgewings. I definitely agree concerning nebulae and gemshards, though.

I agree with wtf, almadines are extremely rare (I've seen more golds and silvers than almadines), so I doubt that any combination of less rare things will work out in a trade. The almadines that I've seen up for trade asked for cb golds, neglecteds or a 2nd gen prize with their choice of mate. I don't think anyone paid that for an almadine, but I also don't think the traders let them go for less.

As for tan ridges: I pick up a lot of these actually and dump them to the AP fairly often so I kinda don't value them any more than those other UCs.

As for the pyrals: I wouldn't have valued them that high either personally, I have seen a few of them while hunting Xenos. But that's just me, I may be wrong on that one because I didn't pay that much attention to Pyrals in trades.

I think the main reason why Trios /seem/ to be worth less than Xenos currently is because of the demand. People still want Xenos a lot. Trios, not as much.

So while the actual rarity gap is quite big, the demand for Xenos is much higher than Trio demand. But yeah, from what I've seen, I'd say the ratio of Xeno drops to Trio drops is like, 4:1.

I think the main reason why Trios /seem/ to be worth less than Xenos currently is because of the demand. People still want Xenos a lot. Trios, not as much.

So while the actual rarity gap is quite big, the demand for Xenos is much higher than Trio demand. But yeah, from what I've seen, I'd say the ratio of Xeno drops to Trio drops is like, 4:1.

Yes the demand may be not as big but I'd still try trading 1:1 offering trios for Xenos.

The rarity IMO makes up the difference and trios are still also sought after.

Xeno demand may be higher but with the current drop rate also many people have Xenos at hand and try to use them to obtain things they wanted for a long time. I have seen this as well smile.gif

Reporting back to let you know that I managed to trade my CB Ice for a CB Chrono pretty easily.

What could be a possibly fair trade if I wanted a 2g Holly form CB male Holly

if CBs and 3rd gen prizes are impossible for me to offer?

In case of hybrids, is this more or less valuable than 'checked' CBs?:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ScQqy

What's the value of an arrowhead Prize:

a ) if the cb breed is all the same?

b ) if one 'stair' is from one CB breed and the other from another CB breed?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/grleb https://dragcave.net/lineage/WQLwh

4. of a 4th or 5th gen stairtep Prize? (all CB same breed)

5. Does the prize's colour matter? Could I swap a bronze for a gold of equal lineage (e.g 4g stair for 4g stair)?

6. What are 3rd gen PB Silvers and Golds worth?

7. What are 2g PB Xenos worth(like Pyro+Pyro=Pyro)? And what are they worth compared to a CB PB pairing breeding another colour(like Pyro+Pyro=Mageia)?

8. When a PB even-gen is worth the most?

9. What's the worth of a 2g Avatar from uncommon?

Edited by VixenDra

5. Does the prize's colour matter? Could I swap a bronze for a gold of equal lineage (e.g 4g stair for 4g stair)?

7. What are 2g PB Xenos worth(like Pyro+Pyro=Pyro)? And what are they worth compared to a CB PB pairing breeding another colour(like Pyro+Pyro=Mageia)?

I'll just answer those I know.

1. No idea really. This is iffy as it very much depends on the individual owners.

2. I generally feel checkers are worth more and they are also more sought after.

3. Not really much, doesn't matter which version mostly. Hard to continue but also:

4. Above Gen 3 Prizes are really not all that valuable anymore.

5. I don't think it matters, it does to some people, but with the amount of prizes released already I'd say you can mostly swap around freely.

6. No idea.

7. Also no idea but to mee frankly not much. Xenos are not that are as CBs at the moment due to increased drop rate.

8. Hard to tell Common EGs are really not worth a lot in trading. They are nice to look at but this is mostly an I'll help with yours in return for help with mine or gifting of epic lineages. Unless it's Rares I don't really think EGs are worth a lot trading-wise

9. No idea.

1. This is a really tough one. I'm after a 2nd gen Holly and CAN offer low gen prizes, and I still have not gotten a bite. Hollies are just so rare, and a lot of Holly owners have theirs booked for years in advance either for themselves, friends, or IOUs.

2. It really depends on what people are looking for, honestly. I personally value a "checker" like this more than just a checkered base. It's more difficult to get because you need both outcomes. Some people like Avatar x Avatar better. I would say, overall, more people do the checkered base than the internal arrow pattern, so the checker base might be worth a bit more.

3. Arrowhead prizes really aren't worth very much, especially if they are high gen. A few people like them, but they tend to be ends of lineages. They are given away very frequently in the Departures thread. I would say they would probably be a difficult trade unless someone was specifically looking for one.

4. 4th gen you can still get something for, especially 2015 line. Most people ask for a CB hatchling, unless it is a really rare/difficult line. Some exceptionally difficult newer lines you can trade a 4th gen for a more common 3rd gen just because it is SO hard to get a prize offspring from the combo. 5th gen aren't worth much, either, unless someone is looking for a specific one to make an arrow lineage.

5. Yes, with the release of more prizes, it has come to matter. This is especially true for very low gens, much less so for 4th gen and up. I don't doubt you could trade a 4th gen bronze for at least a silver, probably even a gold.

6. Not a lot, though a few people are doing lineages. I find it is easier to search for the people wanting them and THEN breed them rather than breed them and hope someone offers. I got a CB thunder hatchie for two purebred chronos by doing this. As far as the CB PB pairing producing another colour, probably would be difficult to trade. Most people doing PB lineages want the same colour outcome. I frequently find colour fails in the AP and Departures thread.

7. Avatars aren't so in demand as they once were. Again, this is another which is much easier to look for someone seeking them and THEN breed them than the other way around.