Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

3rd gen tinsels used to go for CB golds... when 3rd gen prizes where rarer and especially CB golds were not as rare as they are lately.

Personally I tried to trade a 3rd gen prize (for your same CB by the way) plus several 4th gen prizes for a cb gold and didn't get a single bite.

Err... maybe you can find someone that will but, personally, I wouldn't ever part with a CB Gold to obtain a 3G Prize. There are too many 3G Prizes around and very few CB Golds. Actually, IMHO, 3G Prizes aren't worth a CB Silver either. Maybe one CB Copper, not a Green one.

I am looking for 2G Autumns from Blue Lunars, what could I potentially catch to trade for 1-2?

I'm guessing it would be about 2 CB Xenowyrms, since Lunars are new and it's hard to breed other dragons from them. But what do you guys think? smile.gif

I have some CB coppers, xenos, etc that I'd like to trade for 2015 Halloween hatchlings.

CB Rainbow Coppers

CB Thalassa

CB Chrono

Any idea on how many Halloween dragons each egg is worth?

If I was you, I would not accept less than 3 Halloweens for each Xeno or Copper. Halloweens will drop like candy.

Edited by NotBambi

If I was you, I would not accept less than 3 Halloweens for each Xeno or Copper. Halloweens will drop like candy.

Halloween hatchlings.

It doesn't matter how many of them drop, the fact is that any single person who is playing by the rules can only get 7. Any more must be traded for (or, I guess, fished out of the AP).

Halloween hatchlings.

It doesn't matter how many of them drop, the fact is that any single person who is playing by the rules can only get 7. Any more must be traded for (or, I guess, fished out of the AP).

^ this.

Tbh even if I was desperate for xenos, I wouldn't go as far as inflating them to 3 hatchies per xeno. xd.png While the demand for xenos are high, they're obtainable all year round and they're not rare at all. Just in-demand. If I had to offer like 3 or 4 halloween hatchies for a xeno I'd rather not, especially if nicer eggs are already around the same price: see suske's silver eggs trade.

While halloweens "drop like candy", I think there's a point in the future in which a person would just sit and say "I'd rather have those halloweens". Xenos might be dropping more frequently now, and probably never sit in the cave for more than 10 seconds, but they'll never be dirt common, and aren't silver/gold rare.

Edited by Pandalf

^ this.

Tbh even if I was desperate for xenos, I wouldn't go as far as inflating them to 3 hatchies per xeno. xd.png While the demand for xenos are high, they're obtainable all year round and they're not rare at all. Just in-demand. If I had to offer like 3 or 4 halloween hatchies for a xeno I'd rather not, especially if nicer eggs are already around the same price: see suske's silver eggs trade.

While halloweens "drop like candy", I think there's a point in the future in which a person would just sit and say "I'd rather have those halloweens". Xenos might be dropping more frequently now, and probably never sit in the cave for more than 10 seconds, but they'll never be dirt common, and aren't silver/gold rare.

It's an old story really. Two headed lindwurms were released before a Halloween release one year, and green ones were insanely popular, despite the fact that they were quite easy to get, if you just refreshed on any 5 min drop, besides the hourly one.

After my CB Halloweens for that year hatched, I went camping in forest. I'd offer them for a trade. In an hour max, I'd have a couple offers containing CB Halloween hatchlings. Most of those offers consisted of at least 2 hatchlings. 2 limited event dragons, for an everyday obtainable ones (are lindwurms even popular anymore?). I have 34 graves. I maybe traded for three of them in advance. 24 of them came from those spur of the moment trades.

Soo, my prediction is that the same thing will happen this year. It's the way of the world.

Halloween hatchlings.

I understood smile.gif And I'm still thinking the same. The AP will be full of CB Halloween hatchies. Based on what I've seen, I doubt it will be full of Xenowyrms.

Edit: please take in consideration that everybody will have a chance to get CB Halloweens during those 24 hours. How many of them will have (had) a chance to catch a Xenowyrm? I'm betting the majority will be glad to hatch and trade 3 out of their 7. That still leaves them with 4. Furthermore, there are a ton of people that, during releases, catch their fill, drop the eggs in the AP as soon as they cooled down and go back to the biomes to enjoy the thrill. I'm willing to bet the same will happen for Halloween.

Edited by NotBambi

I understood smile.gif And I'm still thinking the same. The AP will be full of CB Halloween hatchies. Based on what I've seen, I doubt it will be full of Xenowyrms.

Edit: please take in consideration that everybody will have a chance to get CB Halloweens during those 24 hours. How many of them will have (had) a chance to catch a Xenowyrm? I'm betting the majority will be glad to hatch and trade 3 out of their 7. That still leaves them with 4. Furthermore, there are a ton of people that, during releases, catch their fill, drop the eggs in the AP as soon as they cooled down and go back to the biomes to enjoy the thrill. I'm willing to bet the same will happen for Halloween.

Well, yeah.

Just saying I'll feel pretty bad for those who DO trade three of their halloweens for one xeno when there are people out there trading for 1:1. I've considered the fact that Xenos are insanely in-demand right now, and that demand will probably never die down, but honestly, still not worth 3 hatchies for.

It's more of a matter of waiting/chancing to find someone who trades their Xeno for a low price, rather than impulse offering precious one-time hatchies on them. See: PointofOrigin's post. We may never see a cb Xenowall in the AP, but there will be a point in the future in which we'll regret overpaying for a xeno.

We're at a point in trading in which some users already agree to trade their xenos for various things. Z codes, multiple common hatchies, tan ridgewings/red dorsals, etc, and sometimes give them away on various pages.

Just saying, I'm pretty sure that there are some people who'd be desperate enough to offer 3 hatchies for 1 xeno, but I honestly doubt it's going to be "the majority", or that 3 would be a fair/standard trade for one xeno.

@blockE -- probably not much.

Edited by Pandalf

AP filled with CB Halloween hatchlings?? Maybe there will be a few CB eggs but definitely not filled with hatchlings, if you meant bred halloween eggs and definitely. Judging from the previous years, there are always people missing the Halloween drop and the people who are there to catch the CBs generally don't AP the eggs unless they're code hunting. The few CB Halloween eggs that appear in the AP are grabbed almost instantly.

CB Halloween up for trades after their initial drop is over is generally very pricy, at least from what I've seen. I definitely wouldn't compare Xenowyrms to CB Halloweens, Xenowyrms are a permanent release and available whenever, no matter how uncommon/rare they are at the moment or in the future. CB Halloweens are available only once and there are no restrictions for them unlike the other holidays, they have a lot of tradability.

I've been trading for CB Halloween hatchy IOUs for awhile now (I have a total of 51 now) and I can say at least from my own experience it's going to be hard finding someone willing to trade IOUs in exchange for Xenowyrms/Coppers, though probably not impossible. The things I've seen success in trading for IOUs with are CB Silvers, 3rd gen Prizes, Neglecteds, etc. And for a little amount, maybe 2nd gen Metals from pairings people need specifically.

As far as CB Halloween eggs/hatchlings go.

During holidays Ap is set up so that holiday breeds appear on top of it. Some years, the newest breeds appear in the first row, other years not. Either way, people are gonna wait for those eggs in the ap. And most of those will go to fast clickers - same people who certainly can catch CB Xenos. Yes, there will be a lucky few who aren't fast who'll get their hands on those eggs. But not many.

So, I strongly suggest against trading Halloween hatchlings for xenos, or anything not rarer then a Copper. But, if anyone still wants to trade like that... *shrugs* I'll wait for your offers in the trading threads during that week.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

What is an Avatar from GoN x Silver worth?

A lot of people gift them xd.png

Otherwise, a couple of common hatchies, or an uncommon like tan ridgewing or red dorsal, I'd say.

So, I strongly suggest against trading Halloween hatchlings for xenos, or anything rarer then a Copper. But, if anyone still wants to trade like that... *shrugs* I'll wait for your offers in the trading threads during that week.

Do you actually mean "not rarer" than a copper?

Because I'm pretty sure if I saw eggs/hatchies rarer than a copper like cb gold/silver/almandine that is on hand and is up for trade for halloween hatchies, this'd be me and a lot of people in this forum:

user posted image

More so than xenos, which are becoming more manageable nowadays, current top-tier rares might actually be worth trading for. They're the kind of dragons whose value don't diminish with time.

---

Also, I think appearance of eggs are random, aka "as soon as they're bred". I think it just so happens that older breeds are usually at the top of the halloween list if they're breed-sorted on a scroll, so they line up perfectly on the AP =D

this'd be me and a lot of people in this forum:

user posted image

xd.png Loved that; it's so true!

Yes, I'll be one of the people waving fistfuls of Halloween hatchies if someone offered me a CB gold for them.

Do you actually mean "not rarer" than a copper?

Because I'm pretty sure if I saw eggs/hatchies rarer than a copper like cb gold/silver/almandine that is on hand and is up for trade for halloween hatchies, this'd be me and a lot of people in this forum:

user posted image

More so than xenos, which are becoming more manageable nowadays, current top-tier rares might actually be worth trading for. They're the kind of dragons whose value don't diminish with time.

---

Also, I think appearance of eggs are random, aka "as soon as they're bred". I think it just so happens that older breeds are usually at the top of the halloween list if they're breed-sorted on a scroll, so they line up perfectly on the AP =D

Uuups, I messed up xd.png Yeah I think not rarer then a copper xd.png

First couple of years that I joined, it was sorted by breed (which was a big problem during Christmas, since Holly). Later, they ended up being randomized xd.png

xd.png  Loved that; it's so true!

Yes, I'll be one of the people waving fistfuls of Halloween hatchies if someone offered me a CB gold for them.

I'm giggling, thanks for the mental picture. There are many users that, according to what I've been reading for months, have/had no chance at all at getting a CB Xenowyrm. Now, giving up on three of their 7 quite-easy-to-catch Halloweens, they can get one. Are we sure people will not take that opportunity?

And, by the way, I'll be one of those catching Halloweens, waiting for the cool-down, dropping in th AP and going back to the biomes for more. If my math (lack of) skills work, I think I will be able to drop 21 Halloweens in the AP smile.gif

And, by the way, I'll be one of those catching Halloweens, waiting for the cool-down, dropping in th AP and going back to the biomes for more. If my math (lack of) skills work, I think I will be able to drop 21 Halloweens in the AP smile.gif

That's a good idea! Though I'll try to wait until the first rush is over, so I'm not taking them from people trying to get their first set.

I am hoping to have nice pile of the new ones for myself, though last year I traded on the spur of the moment once they started going up, rather than setting up IOUs. 10 adult Desipis is a pretty good result for someone who only started with 5 slots of their own. I *am* curious what the going rate will be this year, and I'm a lot more able to catch rares for trade than I was on the old laptop.

Edited by Gryphonic

I'm giggling, thanks for the mental picture. There are many users that, according to what I've been reading for months, have/had no chance at all at getting a CB Xenowyrm. Now, giving up on three of their 7 quite-easy-to-catch Halloweens, they can get one. Are we sure people will not take that opportunity?

Oh I'm sure people will take that opportunity, just throwing in the idea that inasmuch as they'd like Xenowyrms, giving in three for one might be too pricey.

I guess it's all subjective to the traders, then!

There are many users that, according to what I've been reading for months, have/had no chance at all at getting a CB Xenowyrm. Now, giving up on three of their 7 quite-easy-to-catch Halloweens, they can get one.

3 halloween hatchies for one xenowyrm? I strongly advise anyone NOT to accept trades like this. I've successfully traded for xenowyrms with stuff like a cb tan ridgewing and a cb red dorsal. And I'm talking about 1:1 trades. Yep, tan ridgewings and red dorsals are rarer than their recolored counterparts, but it really just takes a little patience and luck to get your hands on one. Anyone can do that to trade for a cb xeno.

If you're happy with one cb pair of Halloweens and catch 5 more for trading, that's great - but be sure you're not ripped off. Personally, I wouldn't trade a Halloween hatchie for less than 2 cb xenos.

what is this egg worth

user posted image

I think this one depends on who you trade it to. Some people (like me) enjoy collecting 2g dragons from the discontinued breeds, but I usually do it in pairs. I have previously traded a 3g Shimmer for (2) old pink x frill. Also traded a 3g Shimmer for (2) old pink x gold and (2) old pink x Silver.

Maybe a CB Copper? Other options could include one of the rarer Pyralspites or a CB Xeno. Doesn't hurt to ask! Maybe someone is looking for that exact combination. biggrin.gif