Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Is a Pyralspite from the coast or alpine more rare at the moment? What should I expect to pay for either one of those? 2nd gen metal? CB xeno or two? Third gen prize?

Is a Pyralspite from the coast or alpine more rare at the moment?  What should I expect to pay for either one of those?  2nd gen metal?  CB xeno or two?  Third gen prize?

The almandines (alpine pyralspites) are still made of unobtainium, but spessartines (coast pyralspites) have become more available recently. Well, they were always more frequent than almandines, but the difference used to be less pronounced.

I'd compare spessartines to blusangs, and almandines to CB metallics.

Price-wise, the almandines do sometimes go 1:1 with CB metallics. I'm not sure what you'd have to pay to get a spessartines - they've been going for a range of prices in the past few days, starting from basic common batch requests and ending with the usual CB metallic requests (which I can almost guarantee they did not get). tl;dr: I'd say spessartines are fluctuating at the moment, but you can probably get one for a reasonable price; I'd expect, say, two CB xenos to net you an interest at the very least.

(That being said, I haven't actively traded for either, this is purely from watching the trading section and paying attention to which trades end up being successful and which don't, which makes for a good heuristic but does break down sometimes.)

Edited by pinkgothic

I'm angling for an almandine with a cb metal at the moment, so far no bites biggrin.gif They really are impossible! I saw way more coppers and random unbreedables in alpine than almandines when I was hunting there.

Spessartines have been dropping really well, I managed to catch four over about a week and saw several more go past, I wouldn't pay more than two xenos or an unbreedable for one.

What I'm curious about are the green coppers. Where are those things and do I have to sell a newborn to get one, or will the secondborn do?

Edited by Carthasis

I'm angling for an almandine with a cb metal at the moment, so far no bites biggrin.gif They really are impossible! I saw way more coppers and random unbreedables in alpine than almandines when I was hunting there.

Spessartines have been dropping really well, I managed to catch four over about a week and saw several more go past, I wouldn't pay more than two xenos or an unbreedable for one.

What I'm curious about are the green coppers. Where are those things and do I have to sell a newborn to get one, or will the secondborn do?

Green Coppers are rarer than Brown/Red ones, but significantly less rare than, say, a CB Silver. It shouldn't be terribly difficult to find one for trade, I'd say a fourthborn would be sufficient wink.gif

EDIT: A 3G prize should be more than enough to get one.

Edited by The_Bucket

Green Coppers are rarer than Brown/Red ones, but significantly less rare than, say, a CB Silver. It shouldn't be terribly difficult to find one for trade, I'd say a fourthborn would be sufficient wink.gif

EDIT: A 3G prize should be more than enough to get one.

Something seems to have changed with copper drops since the xeno release. I don't camp the coast specifically, but just skimming around during drops I swear I've seen as many silvers as coppers in the last two months. They used to be visible but quickly grabbed, and it feels like their 'slot' has been taken by xenos.

It's true that green coppers are more in demand than red and browns.

Anyone know what 2nd-gen Avatars (I've just bred a Creation, specifically, from a Gold) have been actually going for?

I'm trying to trade for the last few CB Xenos I need, but I've no idea if 1-2 CB Xenos would be in the reasonable zone for that or not, as I've never tried trading an Avatar before.

Edited by Imbecamiel

Anyone know what 2nd-gen Avatars (I've just bred a Creation, specifically, from a Gold) have been actually going for?

I'm trying to trade for the last few CB Xenos I need, but I've no idea if 1-2 CB Xenos would be in the reasonable zone for that or not, as I've never tried trading an Avatar before.

I've only traded for one once, paid a custom (i.e. bred to specified lineage) 2G silver, which I personally thought was okay? I think 1-2 cb xenos are a good equivalent right now, but to me it feels like they are getting more common.

Re: green coppers, Gryphonic, I have the same impression! I've been hunting in the coast for ~3 weeks and I have seen of the other metals than coppers, the last week I haven't seen a single copper - no wonder they're more in demand.

I have been lucky with hunting and trading in the past days and gathered a pile of CB Xenos and Coppers which now amounts to ten (three Coppers (one Brown, two Green) and seven Xenos from various biomes). I would be perfectly fine with keeping them, but now that I have all of them at the same time, I start dreaming about a CB Gold again. Do you think I could get one for them or do I need to hoard more?

I have been lucky with hunting and trading in the past days and gathered a pile of CB Xenos and Coppers which now amounts to ten (three Coppers (one Brown, two Green) and seven Xenos from various biomes). I would be perfectly fine with keeping them, but now that I have all of them at the same time, I start dreaming about a CB Gold again. Do you think I could get one for them or do I need to hoard more?

I think CB golds have become quite very rare at the moment. In the past days I only saw 2 people offering a CB gold in trading thread, both of them asking for a 2nd gen prize in return.

Personally if I had a CB gold I would accept your offer of 10 coppers/xenos in less than a second, but it doesn't matter since I don't have it tongue.gif

Personally if I had a CB gold I would accept your offer of 10 coppers/xenos in less than a second, but it doesn't matter since I don't have it  tongue.gif

That actually sounds as if I were overpaying. xd.png What do you think would be reasonable amount of CB Coppers/Xenos to offer for a CB Gold? I understand that I probably won't get an offer because so few people actually have them, but I want to be prepared just in case and I have zero experience with trading CB Golds.

That actually sounds as if I were overpaying. xd.png What do you think would be reasonable amount of CB Coppers/Xenos to offer for a CB Gold? I understand that I probably won't get an offer because so few people actually have them, but I want to be prepared just in case and I have zero experience with trading CB Golds.

A *reasonable* amount? 4-8. A realistic amount, considering that very few people can catch CB golds and those that do sometimes don't trade them for anything other than a 2G prize? Lots. I'd say you might get an offer with those 7 Xenos/3 Coppers (I'd take it), but don't count on it. In a supply-and-demand market, I think that it's not overpaying unless you can get it cheaper.

Edited by The_Bucket

A *reasonable* amount? 4-8. A realistic amount, considering that very few people can catch CB golds and those that do sometimes don't trade them for anything other than a 2G prize? Lots. I'd say you might get an offer with those 7 Xenos/3 Coppers (I'd take it), but don't count on it. In a supply-and-demand market, I think that it's not overpaying unless you can get it cheaper.

Okay, thank you. smile.gif

Can a cb Summer get me anything interesting? What about two of them?

I tried to trade a CB summer hatchie for a messy xeno hatchling for freezing, and I ended up gifting the summer.

I think they are dropping pretty well at the moment and so they aren't really worth much

Hopefully this doesn't sound like too dumb a question;

Is trading a CB xeno for another a thing?

I wasn't around for their release or really active at all until right around the August release so just trying to find out if they're equally rare or not. Never hurts to double check beforehand.

Some of them (I's say mageia and thalassa) may be a bit more sought after, but I think they all drop at the same rate.

Could a CB mageia be traded for a CB chrono, or is one more valued than the other?

Frankly, they should be equivalent. All depends on what people are people are looking for at the time you post the trade. But I would go 1:1.

What are CB Xenos currently worth?

Since their rarity is heavily user-influenced (they aren't even supposed to be rare at all!) I find it fluctuates frequently, but it seems to tend towards the higher end of the scale. I've got six to trade, but I wanted to ask around to see what their perceived worth is at the moment before going and asking for anything too outrageous.

What are CB Xenos currently worth?

Since their rarity is heavily user-influenced (they aren't even supposed to be rare at all!) I find it fluctuates frequently, but it seems to tend towards the higher end of the scale. I've got six to trade, but I wanted to ask around to see what their perceived worth is at the moment before going and asking for anything too outrageous.

Honestly, I think they've kinda hit their intended "uncommon" value. For 6 of them, I think you might be able to get a CB Silver if you're lucky. Or maybe a 3G prize, depending on the line.

Honestly, I think they've kinda hit their intended "uncommon" value. For 6 of them, I think you might be able to get a CB Silver if you're lucky. Or maybe a 3G prize, depending on the line.

I dunno... I've been having trouble getting even two for moderate desirability prize lines. I have started seeing them in the cave more often, but I don't think their trading value has gone down much.

I dunno... I've been having trouble getting even two for moderate desirability prize lines. I have started seeing them in the cave more often, but I don't think their trading value has gone down much.

Really? Hmm...then maybe it's just me, and for some reason my mind has decided to tag them as "uncommon" and not worth as much. xd.png

I've been mostly inactive for the last year, so could someone give me an idea on what I could expect for a 2nd gen Gold? I'm looking to do a bloodswap but in case that fails, I already have a sibling and would rather trade than keep it. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Mirhana