Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I'm just gonna go ahead and say ask the person who owns the Heartseeker. Even if an ND has a high value, if it isn't desirable to the owner, it's not inclined to be an attractive offer.

I'm talking about those who catch the 2nd gens from the AP, what do they normally ask for

from what I understand LadyLyzar does not trade her 2nd gen holidays from Alts

I'm talking about those who catch the 2nd gens from the AP, what do they normally ask for

I'm not sure it is possible to put a solid, specific price on that kind of thing.

If the person absolutely does not want to trade, then that's that. If they are willing, their personal preference may dictate what they will accept.

Edit: That was super unhelpful! Maybe do what you can a week or a few days to stock up on as many widely desirable things as possible, and advertise your bounty in trade threads? That way you have a greater ability to trade FOR something they might want, if you don't already have it.

Edited by toyofubl

does anyone know how much 2nd Gen Heartseekers from the Alt Heartseeker go for

my sister's favourite Dragon is the Heartseeker, so this V.day I'm thinking about trying to get her a 2nd Gen Heartseeker from the Alt Heartseeker

but I don't know how much they go far, would 1 ND be enough of an offer or what

Chipping in my two cents as someone who has caught and traded for rare AP catches such as 2G holidays from Spriter's Alts/Hollies/prizes, what people want for such catches is highly unpredictable, and depends entirely on the catcher. Many, such as myself, would keep them unless they found them for some reason undesirable (don't like the Alt parent, for instance), no matter the offer. CB golds will always drop, NDs will always be create-able, but something like that is irreplaceable. Once-in-a-lifetime, so to speak. That said, if someone were to trade it, it would likely be for something very specific that they feel they could not otherwise obtain. A 2G prize, for instance.

This is not to say it is an impossible goal - just that it is very unlikely, and you would need to be lucky by having the "right" person catch one. Additionally, you could always try your hand at catching it yourself - on one occasion, I spent several hours AP hunting an auto-abandoned 2G prize someone had dropped, and actually managed to catch it and return it to them. It's not impossible, just unlikely. Stalk the progeny page of the alts, memorize the codes, try to figure out when they will drop in the AP (it will be a wide, wide range of time), and then see if you can catch them. It is not impossible, even if it is unlikely.

EDIT:

@Iside: I would personally value a CB Vampire bit by an '08 Vamp quite highly. I know a few other people who would, but I don't know what the general public opinion would be.

Edited by The_Bucket

How many people would be interested in trading for a 3rd gen Silver Shimmer x Chronos checker? o3o It's non-inbred and both the CB Shimmers are '15.

I'm not asking for an estimated value that other people might give, I'd like to hear your own opinion. I understand prize checkers aren't as desirable from a trading perspective, but if a Shimmer from the pairing mentioned above showed up in the trading threads would you be interested in trading for it? Would it be like a "I'll go all out" situation or "eh I'm cool with not getting it" situation?

I'll probably only breed the checkers to gift anyways, but I'm still a bit curious. 'v'

How many people would be interested in trading for a 3rd gen Silver Shimmer x Chronos checker? o3o It's non-inbred and both the CB Shimmers are '15.

I'm not asking for an estimated value that other people might give, I'd like to hear your own opinion. I understand prize checkers aren't as desirable from a trading perspective, but if a Shimmer from the pairing mentioned above showed up in the trading threads would you be interested in trading for it? Would it be like a "I'll go all out" situation or "eh I'm cool with not getting it" situation?

I'll probably only breed the checkers to gift anyways, but I'm still a bit curious. 'v'

I've never seen or heard of anything like that so I guess it's a worth a bit more than checkered prizes happy.gif I'd say a CB silver or some rare CB hatchies

Edited by Doublelift

Are you talking about a perfect checker, with matching genders and an actual 2G Shimmer from Chronos as one of the parents? I would trade quite a substantial amount for a Shimmer from such a line, although keep in mind that is coming from someone who loves and collects Xeno checkers, especially difficult pairings.

EDIT: In terms of an actual amount, I don't often have valuable stuff on hand, and it would entirely depend what the trader wanted, but definitely lots of stuff. Think ~six 3G prizes.

Edited by The_Bucket

Are you talking about a perfect checker, with matching genders and an actual 2G Shimmer from Chronos as one of the parents? I would trade quite a substantial amount for a Shimmer from such a line, although keep in mind that is coming from someone who loves and collects Xeno checkers, especially difficult pairings.

EDIT: In terms of an actual amount, I don't often have valuable stuff on hand, and it would entirely depend what the trader wanted, but definitely lots of stuff. Think ~six 3G prizes.

Yep! If I wasn't able to breed a perfect one I wouldn't have considered it valuable at all. tongue.gif

Thanks for all of the feedback! I'll keep a open mind if I ever publicly trade them in the future. ^∀^ It's cool to know there are people interested!

How much would a 2g Silver be worth if it's father is paired with GWs or Coppers?? Are there any particularly valuable pairings?

And what about a 3g PB Silver from this lady???

I'm wondering if I would be able to get a few BSA hatchies, including Vampires and such. If not, what could I get for them? Sorry if these look like stupid questions, I'm a noob at trading. unsure.gif

Edited by GoldeenTrix

I think it was mentioned earlier that 2g metals are most valuable when the mate is very common, because those are much harder to get than metals with rare or holiday mates.

But getting what you listed should be easy enough with a nice 2g metal from about any kind of mate.

The 3g purebred metals are harder to trade because there are far fewer people that can use them in any kind of breeding project.

I think it was mentioned earlier that 2g metals are most valuable when the mate is very common, because those are much harder to get than metals with rare or holiday mates.

But getting what you listed should be easy enough with a nice 2g metal from about any kind of mate.

The 3g purebred metals are harder to trade because there are far fewer people that can use them in any kind of breeding project.

Agreed. Unless someone is a good catcher (and is, probably, busy catching instead of breeding 3G PBs) or spent quite a bit of time trading for 2G PBs smile.gif

Ohhh. Well, depends.

Usually it's a mate they specifically need that's almost equally valuable, or multiple mates they need that are less valuable. It's almost like what The_Bucket said. 2g prizes are always up, so are cb golds. I'd imagine it's also possible to have varying requests on this one.

The most common I've seen so far is trading a 2g spriter's alt for another 2g spriter's alt/2G Prize (so if you're able to contact someone else who are okay with trading their spriter's offspring/2g prize offspring a week before/during the actual event then trade it for the one you want later, that can also be convenient)

What could I get for 4 CB Xenos and 2 CB Spessartines? A 2nd gen prize?

I doubt you would be able to get a 2nd gen prize, maybe a CB silver or copper.

Ahh, thank you!! I think once this insane release is over I'll start breeding some 2g silvers with commons and see if I can build up my stock of BSA dragons. This release has shown me that incubates for just one batch of eggs is never enough. tongue.gif

What could I get for 4 CB Xenos and 2 CB Spessartines? A 2nd gen prize?

As answered before, a 2nd gen prize is unlikely - not because it wouldn't be a fair trade, but because you'd have to find a cb prize owner with an open list first.

I think you'll get more than a cb copper, though - at the rate xenos are dropping, I'd say they trade 1:1 with coppers, at least with red and brown ones (I see xenos more often than coppers, but the demand for them is higher). Problem with trading up in value is that users who catch cb golds and silvers probably catch xenos and spessartines easily themselves. So probably not a cb gold, but maybe a silver. Also, I've seen someone offer 2 cb spessartines for a 3rd gen prize, which sounded fair to me (and I'd actually have offered a 3rd gen prize if I had one).

Is a cb Xeno too much to ask for a cb red Dorsal? What are red Dorsals worth these days anyway?

Yes, I think a cb xeno is worth more than a cb red dorsal. The dorsal is about equal with a cb tan ridgewing, maybe with a cheese.

The dorsal is about equal with a cb tan ridgewing, maybe with a cheese.

But what are those worth? I know last time I tried to trade off a Cheese I only got offers of random messy commons. Does that mean my Dorsal is basically worthless?

DC really needs a chart or something on trading.

But what are those worth? I know last time I tried to trade off a Cheese I only got offers of random messy commons. Does that mean my Dorsal is basically worthless?

Well, red dorsals are uncommon, but not really rare. In common hatchies, I'd say 1-3 random cb common hatchies, or 1-2 BSA hatchies, if that helps?

Yeah, cheeses are not extremely popular, in my experience they are harder to trade than the other unbreedables. I usually trade cheeses for a couple of cb common hatchies, I rarely got offers if my want list was more specific.

I've never tried trading a red Dorsal, but I've traded off a Cheese for a CB Trio quite a few times.

Nah, I've been getting random messy offers for 2G metals - people will offer anything on the off chance it's happens to be something the other person wants but didn't think to list.

Cheeses just aren't popular at all, so you might have to wait for the right offer.

Personally, I'd place red dorsals in the same rough area as unbreedables, trios, tan ridgewing, blusang and the less popular xenos like alpine or volcano. The exact value will always depend on whether somebody else is actively looking for the thing or not.

Edited by Carthasis

Nah, I've been getting random messy offers for 2G metals - people will offer anything on the off chance it's happens to be something the other person wants but didn't think to list.

Cheeses just aren't popular at all, so you might have to wait for the right offer.

Personally, I'd place red dorsals in the same rough area as unbreedables, trios, tan ridgewing, blusang and the less popular xenos like alpine or volcano. The exact value will always depend on whether somebody else is actively looking for the thing or not.

i've been looking at your metals but not ones i need sad.gif if i did see one i want depending what i have trade wise could be anything from CB silver to 4th gen prize, pyrals xenos etc but thats me rolleyes.gif

i've been looking at your metals but not ones i need sad.gif if i did see one i want depending what i have trade wise could be anything from CB silver to 4th gen prize, pyrals xenos etc but thats me rolleyes.gif

Aww yeah, it's difficult to get a trade for a very specific thing and sometimes you just don't. Some people offer very nice stuff I'd like to have, but I can't match their requests because I don't ahve the right mate or they've bred recently, or... It's always a matter of luck and a bit of patience, if you're trying to trade for specific lineage combinations with rares, imo. And sometimes you don't get a trade at all.

I honestly wonder why people do that. Why offer a messy Gemshard on my trade when I asked for a specific something-else? And why offer it again after I reject that so it doesn't sit there?

I mean, there was a post in one of these threads a while ago by someone who accidentally accepted a bred egg in exchange for a CB egg, when they'd asked for a swap of the same breed with a higher time, because they hadn't checked before accepting. So I can't help but think some people are doing it on purpose. That, and I've accidentally accepted an offer myself.

On values of eggs? That would never work. Rarity fluctuates constantly. Plus, it's different for everyone.