Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Do papers and cheeses trade 1:1?

Generally yes. However, some people might prefer one over the other, and thus be more interested in a specific one.

I never knew how much demand for frill kins there actually is, but my problem is what Iside said. I'm pretty sure that with the few people who actually own male frills, most of those would be breeding their Xenos for trades, too xd.png

I've allowed IOUs on a case-by-case basis for now, because I know most of the trades aren't coming because of breeding cooldowns. smile.gif

I would totally breed my one CB male frill to a gaia for CB xenowyrm. Sadly, my only CB gaia is male, too. And I don't think you want it with a female frill. tongue.gif

Does anyone know what PB 2nd gen (alt) yellow undines are trading for these days? I admit I'm hoping mine alt for trading fodder (preferably a CB xeno).

Edited by ytak

Just recently came back and the trading values are all so different, I'm a bit lost.

What can I reasonably expect to get for these:

2nd gen Silver / Gold, either PB or with other CB.

How rare are Golden Wyverns? I thought they were just uncommon, but they're classed as rare in the wiki. Are their 2nd gens in demand at all?

2nd gen alt vine (which is more valuable - pb or not?)

2nd gen alt black (again, pb or not?)

2nd gen trio

2nd gen tinsel fail (I think they're called tinselkin now?) What about "kin" for Holidays? I got all CBs, except the holly until the 2012 valentine.

And speaking of kin, Pandalf , if I ever get a cb female gaia, I'll be happy to breed her with my one male Frill if you're still looking for them then biggrin.gif

Are coppers worth the same as golds and silvers, or are they more common? What about chickens? I'll need a lot of those.

Aaaand, this is mostly academic, but other than 2nd gen prizes, what would people expect to pay for a 2nd gen silver Tinsel? If I do throw them "on the market", as it were, I don't wanna rip people off, I've been feeling bad about the one trade I did recently for two days now biggrin.gif

2g Metals can usually go for anything worth a CB Copper or below. PBs don't seem to trade very well, though, since they are such hard lines to continue (person would need two CB Golds AND to make 2 possible shiny breedings into 1 to make a mate)

Golden Wyverns are only worth about as much as a CB Stripe; they aren't high in demand at all, especially not 2gs.

2g Alts are still in demand, you should be able to get a CB Copper or two for one. I don't think pairing matters, it's just what people need most at the time.

2g Trios aren't in demand at all but you might get a nicely lined common or a few hatchlings.

2g Tinselkin trade in most cases for about half of what you could get for a 3G prize, although they might be worth more or less depending on the pairing and if anyone really needs that line in particular. I know I personally would trade quite a lot for a kin I needed to make a proper prize checker, but only about as much as I'd trade for a CB Copper otherwise.

CB Coppers are quite rare but not nearly as much so as silvers and golds. I'd wager you find three CB Coppers for every CB Silver and three CB Silvers for every CB Gold the cave produces. Chickens seem to be the rarest of the unbreedables but not by a ton, so probably a bit less than the value of a CB Copper. If you find someone who doesn't collect chickens but caught one they might trade cheaper.

Some people seem to have no trouble finding tons of shinies for prizes, so if you want to make a profit just ask for open offers on your 2gs. If you have other things in mind, just ask for whatever you need at the time, asking less for breedings from mates that produce Tinsels easily (like holidays, Blusangs, and coppers) and more for lines that don't produce well (like most uber commons). You could also just trade for rares until you meet your personal goals and then trade for other more common things you require. Trades I've done in the past for 2g prizes that I found a great bargain were several CB Coppers, several CB Trios, 75 random AP hatchies, and 30 hatchies of specific breeds the prize owner needed for freezing.

Thank you so much, this was very helpful! You eased my mind a bit on that 2G trade I was worrying about. Hatching 75 hatchling even if just grabbing eggs with low timers from the AP, yikes.

I mostly just want to update my scroll with all the breeds I missed while not playing and was hoping to trade for the rarer stuff that I can't catch myself with offspring from the metallics & prizes I have, looks like it might be feasible, especially if I don't bother with pb for the silvers and golds, thank you!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/cD0vt

What is a 2G Silver from M Lumina x F Silver worth?

Like any other 2nd gen metal from common I think. So a 2nd gen metal swap, probably a cb xeno, a 4th gen prize, maybe a cb copper since they are dropping quite well at the moment.

Are cb xenos coming down in price a bit? I'm starting to see them for trade instead of every post asking for them.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/cD0vt

What is a 2G Silver from M Lumina x F Silver worth?

Luminas don't breed metals very well, so I'd say that's one of the more valuable silver pairings you can make (and pretty, too!). I'd try pricing it a bit higher and see what you can get. If that fails, drop the price after a day or two.

Are cb xenos coming down in price a bit? I'm starting to see them for trade instead of every post asking for them.

They do seem to be becoming more available, yes. My guess is that people are finally catching up on their quotas and not collecting as many, and the fact that they're still being caught in relatively high numbers is convincing people they're going to be more uncommon than rare.

What ADP said. Furthermore, I've been seeing so many in the biomes that I'm thinking that, while their distribution in 6 biomes shouldn't allow them to become cave blockers, they will be half way between common and uncommon.

Obvs, because it's a catcher's market. =D

The rage is dwindling, but really good catchers are still able to get what they want for it for those who still haven't had enough of Xenos.

I'd agree it's a wee bit less than the original value the week it came out though!

How many Xenos would you give for a CB Almandine?

I'm looking for one more but I don't know how many I'm supposed to throw out as bait. I've given 6 for one, and I've seen someone give 12 xenos for a cb Gold. So I'm assuming it's something between that value.

Still, how many would you recommend?

^ Not sure, but it is a good question. My friend is looking for CB almandines as she has none, so the info could come in handy. wink.gif

Is there someone that can explain to me what a CB Xeno is worth these days. Because I see people asking multiple CB Xeno's for a CB gold, but also the other way around: multiple CB golds/silvers/coppers for one CB xeno. It's a bit confusing and I'm wondering if I can get a CB Xeno for a 2nd gen PB silver. Since I saw some people mention that the value of Xeno's is coming down a bit now more people manage to catch them (which of course, does not include me dry.gif )

Is there someone that can explain to me what a CB Xeno is worth these days. Because I see people asking multiple CB Xeno's for a CB gold, but also the other way around: multiple CB golds/silvers/coppers for one CB xeno. It's a bit confusing and I'm wondering if I can get a CB Xeno for a 2nd gen PB silver. Since I saw some people mention that the value of Xeno's is coming down a bit now more people manage to catch them (which of course, does not include me  dry.gif  )

I'm sure that CB Xeno wouldn't be worth multiple CB Golds or Silvers - they're dropping much less than xenos. I don't know, maybe if someone really needed xeno, he could offer more than one CB Copper for it, but if someone can catch multiple CB coppers, then he also can catch multiple CB xenos. I don't think anyone would give a CB gold for 1 CB xeno, people can make any trade they want - the question is if they receive an offer they wanted for this trade. I think there is a chance to receive CB xeno for your 2G PB Silver (I think in the future it won't be a problem), but PB metals aren't that popular as metal checkers with other breeds.

It appears to be fogged, so is it a silver or a canopy?

A Canopy, because it would make sense for me to put up a 2G common in a trade and ask for several hatchlings.

/sarcasm

A Silver, duh. xd.png

A Canopy, because it would make sense for me to put up a 2G common in a trade and ask for several hatchlings.

/sarcasm

A Silver, duh. xd.png

There's no need to be rude- I've seen 2G metalkin trades asking for multiple hatchlings, so your point doesn't even apply. As far as your question goes, I'm really not sure what a 2G Silver is worth... usually all I see is bloodswaps. What's the minimum of hatchies you're looking for?

There's no need to be rude- I've seen 2G metalkin trades asking for multiple hatchlings, so your point doesn't even apply. As far as your question goes, I'm really not sure what a 2G Silver is worth... usually all I see is bloodswaps. What's the minimum of hatchies you're looking for?

Rude =/= sarcasm.

Okay, fair enough. Well, to use as a comparison, someone said 2G Silvers are worth ~- CB Coppers, and minimum - don't really have one, just want a couple of hatchies. 3+?

How many Xenos would you give for a CB Almandine?

I'm looking for one more but I don't know how many I'm supposed to throw out as bait. I've given 6 for one, and I've seen someone give 12 xenos for a cb Gold. So I'm assuming it's something between that value.

Still, how many would you recommend?

I doubt you're still going to be able to get such a trade unless you offer a truly crazy number of CB Xeno hatchlings to the right buyer. I've been fishing for a CB Almandine myself and offering 2 3g Prizes from among a batch of five newer line, silver / gold prizes for one and have gotten many CB Silver offers but no Almandine offers. So that equates roughly to 1 CB Almandine > 2 CB Silvers, and Xenos are probably going for CB Silvers only in very big batches now...

Is there someone that can explain to me what a CB Xeno is worth these days. Because I see people asking multiple CB Xeno's for a CB gold, but also the other way around: multiple CB golds/silvers/coppers for one CB xeno. It's a bit confusing and I'm wondering if I can get a CB Xeno for a 2nd gen PB silver. Since I saw some people mention that the value of Xeno's is coming down a bit now more people manage to catch them (which of course, does not include me  dry.gif )

Even during the height of the Xeno craze people were having to trade multiples of them to get CB Metals, and that amount is probably even higher now. Anyone trading a CB Metal 1:1 for a CB Xeno now is shooting themselves in the foot. They're about on par with CB Uncommons right now, and are likely to come down even more than that over the next few weeks. I can see them ending up a bit below CB Blusangs in value--common uncommons, but so highly wanted (especially due to their many types) that they trade a bit higher than what their catching rates would normally set them at.

What would a 2G Silver x Canopy be worth in terms of common hatchlings? (specifically, Anagallis and Magelight)

I've seen a ton of Magelights and a fair amount of Angallis, so probably somewhere around 7 CB hatchies, give or take a few. To someone who really likes the pairing, they might be worth double that amount. Of course, you'll likely have to take an IOU for most of them, but I trust that's no issue. smile.gif

Ok, my turn to ask a question! How much are all number codes worth? I know to many people they're just a novelty at best, but I've also heard whispers of avid collectors trading really highly for them from time to time. Anyone have any personal experiences on this?

I doubt you're still going to be able to get such a trade unless you offer a truly crazy number of CB Xeno hatchlings to the right buyer. I've been fishing for a CB Almandine myself and offering 2 3g Prizes from among a batch of five newer line, silver / gold prizes for one and have gotten many CB Silver offers but no Almandine offers. So that equates roughly to 1 CB Almandine > 2 CB Silvers, and Xenos are probably going for CB Silvers only in very big batches now...

Even during the height of the Xeno craze people were having to trade multiples of them to get CB Metals, and that amount is probably even higher now. Anyone trading a CB Metal 1:1 for a CB Xeno now is shooting themselves in the foot. They're about on par with CB Uncommons right now, and are likely to come down even more than that over the next few weeks. I can see them ending up a bit below CB Blusangs in value--common uncommons, but so highly wanted (especially due to their many types) that they trade a bit higher than what their catching rates would normally set them at.

I've seen a ton of Magelights and a fair amount of Angallis, so probably somewhere around 7 CB hatchies, give or take a few. To someone who really likes the pairing, they might be worth double that amount. Of course, you'll likely have to take an IOU for most of them, but I trust that's no issue. smile.gif

Hmmm, 7, not bad. Alright, thanks! And yeah, IOUs aren't an issue. xd.png