Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What is a CB Summer worth?

I traded the last I caught for a 2nd gen xenowyrma with a specific (but not too difficult) lineage. Every time it took some time but at the end I was always offered what I was looking for.

@harlequinraven

Usually I see many blacks in the AP and always try to catch them to play alt lotto. I haven't been able to alt a single one in months. And I almost see no alt blacks at all in trades. Given that, and what they used to go in the past, I think 2nd gen purebred could be 1:1 with cb golds or silvers.

Would it be fair to ask for 2 2nd gen gaia xenos in exchange for a CB Xeno? Edited by Pandalf

Would it be fair to ask for 2 2nd gen gaia xenos in exchange for a CB Xeno?

Depending on who you end up finding. I think at the moment 2nd gens are much easier to come by than CBs, but they still have some value. If you have a CB and want 2 2nd gens, then you shouldn't have any trouble. If it's the other way round, then it depends on how lucky you are.

Depending on who you end up finding. I think at the moment 2nd gens are much easier to come by than CBs, but they still have some value. If you have a CB and want 2 2nd gens, then you shouldn't have any trouble. If it's the other way round, then it depends on how lucky you are.

I have the CB, yes ^___^

The trouble I'm having now, I think, is the limited number of people who can actually fulfill my request (2nd gen gaias from male frills), considering there's only a handful of people who own frills, and probably a lesser number of people who have Xenos who can and are willing to breed it to their Frills, which is why I was kinda iffy on the number of 2gs to ask for it considering Xenos breed fairly well. xd.png

Well, you could always ask for 'best offer of 2nd gaia from f gaia x m frill' and wait to see what you get. Personally I think two 2nd gens shouldn't be that hard.

Besides, from what I've seen the demand for frill-kins is pretty low right now.

I have the CB, yes ^___^

The trouble I'm having now, I think, is the limited number of people who can actually fulfill my request (2nd gen gaias from male frills), considering there's only a handful of people who own frills, and probably a lesser number of people who have Xenos who can and are willing to breed it to their Frills, which is why I was kinda iffy on the number of 2gs to ask for it considering Xenos breed fairly well. xd.png

Hnngh. If I had more than one CB frill (though it is male, at least) I'd be happy to help you out. xd.png

Good luck trading! smile.gif

Edit:

The demand for 2Gs from discontinued dragons has always struck me as fairly low, really. At least judging by the people who approach me (which is probably not a good gauge!) for something from my CB bright pink or CB frill the issue's always more been 'do I currently have egg space?', for what it's worth. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

The problem with asking for more than one isn't a matter of worth, but a matter of how many people have what it takes to breed more than one of those for you. I could (dragons willing) breed one, but then I would run out of both Xenos and Frills of the required gender.

Agree. Asking for 2 or maybe even 3 "normal" 2nd gen xenowyrms would be certainly fair, but the problem is that very few people actually have 2 frills and 2 wyrms of the correct gender.

My suggestion? Leave the chance to give you just 1 2nd gen xeno from frill (maybe plus another normal 2nd gen xeno) and request the second xeno from frill in another trade / in a gifting thread.

Edited by Iside

Well, you could always ask for 'best offer of 2nd gaia from f gaia x m frill' and wait to see what you get. Personally I think two 2nd gens shouldn't be that hard.

I never knew how much demand for frill kins there actually is, but my problem is what Iside said. I'm pretty sure that with the few people who actually own male frills, most of those would be breeding their Xenos for trades, too xd.png

I've allowed IOUs on a case-by-case basis for now, because I know most of the trades aren't coming because of breeding cooldowns. smile.gif

--

Another Xeno question: How many Summers/UBs (aka paper/dino) can we get for a CB Xeno? I haven't tried putting it out but I'd like to know if a trade with UBs is actually sensible atm xd.png

Edited by Pandalf

I never knew how much demand for frill kins there actually is, but my problem is what Iside said. I'm pretty sure that with the few people who actually own male frills, most of those would be breeding their Xenos for trades, too xd.png

I've allowed IOUs on a case-by-case basis for now, because I know most of the trades aren't coming because of breeding cooldowns. smile.gif

--

Another Xeno question: How many Summers/UBs (aka paper/dino) can we get for a CB Xeno? I haven't tried putting it out but I'd like to know if a trade with UBs is actually sensible atm xd.png

This is my question too! I'd like to know. smile.gif

I would think 2, maaaaybe 3 ubreedables

I went xeno hunting yesterday and they still get snapped up super fast, while the unbreedables didn't go quite as fast. I refreshed twice over a paper. But it did seem like I at least saw more xenos than I have been seeing, so it makes me think they might be getting easier to find.

I would think 2, maaaaybe 3 ubreedables

I went xeno hunting yesterday and they still get snapped up super fast, while the unbreedables didn't go quite as fast. I refreshed twice over a paper. But it did seem like I at least saw more xenos than I have been seeing, so it makes me think they might be getting easier to find.

I've seen quite a few Xenos too (and caught a few) BUT I have to say I've seen them less often than all the UBs I've seen combined. xd.png

They're getting easier to find but the demand is still so high *nods*

A rough estimation of valuables that I'd give, in order (most valuable on top, least at bottom):

* CB almandine(/Alpine) pyralspite

* CB verdigris(/Coast/Jungle) copper

* CB rainbow(/Forest/Alpine) copper

* CB spessartine(/Coast) pyralspite

* CB liver of sulphur(/Desert/Volcano) copper

* CB xenowyrm (any, though some are less frequently found than others; since reports seem to vary I'm not yet confident in putting them into any order... if someone else wants to give it a shot, though, I'd be interested!)

* Chicken

* CB blusang

* CB ice

* CB magma

* CB thunder

(Some variation to be expected, mind. Especially the xenos are in a bit of an awkward place at the moment, since it's unclear how they'll pan out in the long run, rarity wise.)

Thank you! Locked my scroll with Xenos cool.gif

@harlequinraven

Usually I see many blacks in the AP and always try to catch them to play alt lotto. I haven't been able to alt a single one in months. And I almost see no alt blacks at all in trades. Given that, and what they used to go in the past, I think 2nd gen purebred could be 1:1 with cb golds or silvers.

Oi, yeah, me too. I keep trying to alt some blacks. I have been lucky with the undines. I still need a purebred male to go with my female, plus some to freeze. >_> Alright, guess I better start cranking out the low gen prizes to see if I can tempt someone to trade me an alt. Thanks!

Are CB blusangs very valuable, anymore? Is one at 4d 3h worth a CB chrono?

I'd place blusangs under xenos right now, just because everyone is still trying to get their fill on the xenos. . Close call, so you could possibly get an offer if you have the patience to wait for the right person to see your trade, especially if it's a hatchie

Another Xeno question: How many Summers/UBs (aka paper/dino) can we get for a CB Xeno? I haven't tried putting it out but I'd like to know if a trade with UBs is actually sensible atm xd.png[/color]

Personally I would go with two Summers, same for the UBs. I find chickens a bit harder to catch than anything else (with Papers being the easiest), so if you were to ask for three Summers or two chickens, I'd think that was fair. I'm sure other people see it differently, though, we all camp in different places. laugh.gif Seasonals always get easier to catch as the season wears on (until the last few days when some people realize they haven't met their goals and rush to snatch a bunch of them) so I think 1 Xeno for 3 Summers would be a lot more plausible as time goes on.

The Flash: I'd say about 1:1 for UBs since I've made that trade many times before (for Dinos, and for Papers for another trade). They aren't really difficult to catch, it just takes a lot of catching and waiting to get a Tan. If I needed a couple of Tans, I would trade a couple of Blusang eggs for them, but that's me. Maybe other people would see 2 Tans for 1 Blusang as more fair.

Edited by Chalkboard