Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I agree with above. I would trade the same, if I had any.

Also, how much are neglected worth? Could you get one or two CB golds for them?

You can almost always trade 1:1 and you have a fair shot of getting even more Golds than that. I'd recommend asking high (or open ended) at first and then dropping to 1:1 if it's getting low on time.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Question for everyone (I'd prefer "average users" to answer this as well as the dedicated traders): What would you trade for a 2G prize? I know prizes vary in value, so let's say a 2014 silver line from a relatively easy-breeding pairing that you like. Pretty middle-of-the-spectrum value. (edit: pretend the owner has no specific "wants").

Note to mods: I'm not trying to trade with anyone here. I just want a more individual opinion rather than "I've seen people trade 4+ CB golds for 2G prizes, so they're worth that much".

My own personal protocol when I see a chance at trading for a 2gen prize is "do anything the prize owner asks, as long as it's within my ability." I currently own 16 2gen prizes and is owed 19 more. The highest I've ever offered for a 2gen prize (2015 line, a pairing I liked, and a colouration I was misssing) was a LOT of CB Metallics, I'm not gonna give specific numbers but it was much more than I could count with my fingers, haha. The trade never went through though, since the dealer decided to keep it. What was particular though was that this trade was made public, so the competition was a lot more fierce.

In more private trades, the highest offer I've made and went through was around 4~6 CB Silvers and two CB Spessartines, after a bit of haggling. The lowest was for free, some of my 2gen prizes were gifted to me. Most of the trades, if not all, that I've done with owners were relatively easy to fulfil, like a set of CB trios, some Cheeses, a few 2gen commons from holidays. Most of the time I find myself offering to give more.

From my experience and mines alone (which can be questionable in how certain it can be) I think that there's great fluctuation on the value placed in privately traded 2gen prizes and publicly traded ones, as well as who the trader is; the owner of a CB prize, or someone who's trying to retrade it for a higher value? One can breed more and the other has a limited supply. Usually in cases of public trades, I'm more reluctant to offer because the minimum value required is most of the time higher than private trades where the value is usually set, whereas on a trade anyone could offer on the standard is always rising as more time passes on and more competition appears. But that's not alwats the case, since in the past week or so I've traded for two 2gen prizes that's gone public in a matter of minutes and I only offered the amount the trader asked for without the need of stacking more.

Aaah, haha... I'm sorry, I'm not trying to stick these standards on anyone, ;_; this are just some of the things I consider when handling 2gen prize trades.

I have several specific 2G Prizekin I've been attempting to trade for. In my "have", I've had CB Verdigris, CB Silvers, CB Almandine, and more recently, CB Xenowyrms- with a note saying I'll trade as many as the 2G kin owner wants. I've posted my trades on as many trade threads as they apply to, as well as in my signature. I've stated I accept IOUs.

And I've never gotten a single Prizekin offer, not a single PM.

Am I making unfair offers, or am I just incredibly unlucky? I'm inclined to believe the latter, as I was under the impression that my offers was more than fair (from personal experience, and from advice on this thread). If that is the case, does anyone have any advice as to how I can get the trades I'm looking for? I don't want to directly contact Prize owners and come off as annoying, but I'm also tired of rares I really don't need growing up on my scroll. I currently have a CB Almandine and a CB Xeno I'm looking to trade, but at this point I don't even know if it's worth putting the Prizekins in my wants list... Please, help!

Edited by Sylph264

Prizekins seem harder to get than prizes sometimes it feels like--I think because prize owners usually would rather breed for people paying for prizes. ;__; Really I'd suggest just going out and contacting people you find saying they have open prizekin lists, because finding either 2g kins or prizes you need in the trade threads has just never worked for me. PMing, though, has earned me many a mate to make checkers with!

As others have said, unlikely. sad.gif I've traded two red Coppers for Xenos, but only 1:1 and only after the Coppers had hatched and gendered. I also have a blue Copper UFT for Xenos and that's had not a single nibble as of yet. But now it's hatched and gendered, I might see an offer on it.

Conversely, what are Xenos trading for when not offered for swaps? The market seems to be all over the place right now...

I'll pitch in to say that I got absolutely zero offers when I was offering a second gen gold and second gen silver (and offered to put them up together for one xenowyrm) for any cb xenowyrms. I left the trades up until they were able to be hatched and nada.

Question for everyone (I'd prefer "average users" to answer this as well as the dedicated traders): What would you trade for a 2G prize? I know prizes vary in value, so let's say a 2014 silver line from a relatively easy-breeding pairing that you like. Pretty middle-of-the-spectrum value. (edit: pretend the owner has no specific "wants").

Note to mods: I'm not trying to trade with anyone here. I just want a more individual opinion rather than "I've seen people trade 4+ CB golds for 2G prizes, so they're worth that much".

The only 2g prizes I have were the result of 1.-a swap for a nice gold prizekin I caught in the AP and 2.-someone who generously traded for a decent number of pretty lineages of some of their favorite breeds.

I'm on an old computer and can't catch much of anything in the biomes, so I'd never be one to offer a bunch of metals or rares. I'd mostly be limited to whatever I could breed or catch off the AP. I guess if I'd were trading for 2g prizes it would be with winners who generally want quantity over rarity. biggrin.gif

Not very much. 3G fails are usually only wanted by very specific collectors.

ah i see. thanks.

What are CB ices worth these days? Would I be able to get an unbreedable for one such egg? smile.gif

What are CB ices worth these days? Would I be able to get an unbreedable for one such egg? smile.gif

You should be able to get any unbreedable but an ND. :3

What are 5th gen prizes going for?

Edited by Avarule

What are CB Gemshards worth?

They seem to be about in line with other uncommon commons--stripes, sunsongs, blacks. The difference is their random coloring makes them a pain to collect, so if you were willing to hatch them yourself you might get better offers than you would hatchies of the other type.

What are 5th gen prizes going for?

Very little. Maybe a mid gen (3g or higher) rare with a decent lineage, a CB semi-uncommon (black, stripe, tsunami), or a couple common hatchlings.

What are second gen PB metallics going for these days? (i.e PB Golds or Silvers)

PB Metallics have never been super popular, due in part to the obvious difficulty of continuing such lines. If you hunt around and find someone working on a similar line, though, they'd probably trade about what a 2g Gold x normal mate is worth--aka another gold, a few nice silvers, CB Copper / CB Trio or something along those lines. But I do think you'll need to find the right buyer first.

And how much would a CB brown copper be worth? smile.gif

Should be worth a CB Trio, CB Blusang, or anything below those in worth. You can try for a CB Xeno, if you're collecting them still, but unfortunately everyone and their mom has the same idea lately so it might be hard to find one that's not already being snatched up by something else. >___<

If you don't mind holding on to it and hatching it, though, you should be able to get one or two.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Hello, I'm back after a year or so.

Which CB eggies are worth the most atm? Apart from golds/silvers I guess.. ^^

Hello, I'm back after a year or so.

Which CB eggies are worth the most atm? Apart from golds/silvers I guess.. ^^

A rough estimation of valuables that I'd give, in order (most valuable on top, least at bottom):

* CB almandine(/Alpine) pyralspite

* CB verdigris(/Coast/Jungle) copper

* CB rainbow(/Forest/Alpine) copper

* CB spessartine(/Coast) pyralspite

* CB liver of sulphur(/Desert/Volcano) copper

* CB xenowyrm (any, though some are less frequently found than others; since reports seem to vary I'm not yet confident in putting them into any order... if someone else wants to give it a shot, though, I'd be interested!)

* Chicken

* CB blusang

* CB ice

* CB magma

* CB thunder

(Some variation to be expected, mind. Especially the xenos are in a bit of an awkward place at the moment, since it's unclear how they'll pan out in the long run, rarity wise.)

Edited by pinkgothic

A rough estimation of valuables that I'd give, in order (most valuable on top, least at bottom):

* CB almandine(/Alpine) pyralspite

* CB verdigris(/Coast/Jungle) copper

* CB rainbow(/Forest/Alpine) copper

* CB spessartine(/Coast) pyralspite

* CB liver of sulphur(/Desert/Volcano) copper

* CB xenowyrm (any, though some are less frequently found than others; since reports seem to vary I'm not yet confident in putting them into any order... if someone else wants to give it a shot, though, I'd be interested!)

* Chicken

* CB blusang

* CB ice

* CB magma

* CB thunder

(Some variation to be expected, mind. Especially the xenos are in a bit of an awkward place at the moment, since it's unclear how they'll pan out in the long run, rarity wise.)

I would remove the trios from the list. I don't even manage to trade a CB trio hatchie for a common egg these days. And yes, I do have a list of the ones I'm interessed in wink.gif

All I see are trades for xenos, which I don't even spot in the cave, let alone catch them xd.png

I would remove the trios from the list. I don't even manage to trade a CB trio hatchie for a common egg these days. And yes, I do have a list of the ones I'm interessed in wink.gif

I've never had problems, honestly, but that's interesting. Maybe different trading times? smile.gif

I haven't actually seen many 2nd gen purebred black alts being traded lately. Anyone know what these are going for these days? I know what they USED to go for, but it's been a long time.

What is a CB Summer worth?

I traded the last I caught for a 2nd gen xenowyrma with a specific (but not too difficult) lineage. Every time it took some time but at the end I was always offered what I was looking for.

@harlequinraven

Usually I see many blacks in the AP and always try to catch them to play alt lotto. I haven't been able to alt a single one in months. And I almost see no alt blacks at all in trades. Given that, and what they used to go in the past, I think 2nd gen purebred could be 1:1 with cb golds or silvers.