Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

How valuable are gemshardss right now? Does their color affect their rarity? How valuable are the other new releases? Just curious as they've been out for a few weeks now.

Also, how many gemstone hatchlings can I get for a Paper/4G prize(not 2014line)? What about nebula hatchlings(not specifying color)?

Another question: How valuable is this?

(Apologies for the long post and imprecise answering. Have your grain of salt at the ready.)

I don't think anyone really knows about the gemshards. I'm sure a lot of us were waiting for things to "settle" once most people have their fill, but I guess it hasn't happened yet. The reason for their relative rarity is, as far as I can tell, as everyone else is saying: you have to catch three times as many to get one of each colour/gender, or for breeding plans. Aside from the having lovely sprites, that is! Whether it's because they'll "permanently" be uncommon or because it's just taking longer for them, I don't know. I'm pretty sure that the colour is (somewhat) randomly determined but each colour is, on the whole, no less common than any other. It seems to be getting slightly easier to catch them now, but that could just be me, or chance!

The other releases seem to be caught much less quickly, but I've seen many people ask for the Plated/River dragons -- but largely as hatchlings. Nebulae are actually quite common and you should get more of them, definitely. They hang around for quite a while once they drop in the Desert.

I think it's useful to remember that an egg is only "worth" something if someone wants that breed or lineage, and that even if your trade is fair according to the rarities of what you're offering and asking for, you could still not get offers at all because there isn't anybody who has what you want and wants what you have. Depends on their motives too, I guess -- someone who wants a gold with a neat lineage which they can breed to trade or to build a lineage probably wouldn't be interested, but someone without any golds who is collecting breeds definitely will. Doesn't mean they'll want to give Gemshards for them, or can catch them, or currently have them on hand.

What could I get for a CB All Number code hatchie of a Cave Blocker breed?

(Apologies for the long post and imprecise answering. Have your grain of salt at the ready.)

Thanks for answering laugh.gif

@EnderEcho

I think it would depend on who you're trading with. As far as I know some people are really interested in all number codes, and it's even better because you have a hatchling. But a lot of players, like me, aren't that interested and would probably pay little or none for an all-number cave blocker. So I guess it depends on the buyer laugh.gif

What could I get for a CB All Number code hatchie of a Cave Blocker breed?

I don't think they are super valuable, along the lines of metals or garnets, but possibly a trio, bsa hatchies, unbreedables or the like.

Lilysally collects all number codes, and a few others I think have a note in their sigs that they collect. You might want to put an offer in the thread for oddball codes or maybe pm collectors directly.

Just curious... what would be the equivalent in CB Golds of a 2nd Gen Bronze, Silver, Gold Prize?

Just curious... what would be the equivalent in CB Golds of a 2nd Gen Bronze, Silver, Gold Prize?

Depends on who you ask. There's not really a set value in them because every prize owner is different in what they desire for trades. smile.gif

Edited by Katie92

I got a question; since I haven't been active for a looong time here (and even got a new forum account since I deleted my old one, but luckily I still have my old scroll) I am kinda behind on all those new breeds, and it seems to me that the value of some dragons has changed as well.

So I was wondering, how much are 2nd gen Avatars worth here? (not that I intend on trading those that I breed, mind me) Also, how much do people usually ask for CB Silvers nowdays? And CB Bronzes and Golden Wyverns (I need one GW for a lineage)

Aaaand also 2nd gen Hellhorses, Soulpieces and Blunas, CB Blusangs and Nebulae?

That's kinda a lot to answer, and I know that it mostly depends on the trader, but I was hoping of at least a general outline. I just wish to get back on track as soon as possible, and I really have a lot of catching up to do. It's already proving to be a huge work to collect everything I don't yet have, but I also want to get back to my previous plans on hoarding some breeds. I still have a very busy life, so I can't really stalk the trading threads a lot.

I have a question about the lineages I see on trading threads, like EG/stairstep/arrow. Do people only want them if they're prizes or metals? I caught a 2G rare off the AP that I'd like to continue (although the partner is a holiday dragon, so the offspring probably wouldn't trade very well anyway) but not taking that into account, would a non-metal non-prize rare with a continue-able lineage be very hard to trade?

Edited by Keekeecat

So I was wondering, how much are 2nd gen Avatars worth here? (not that I intend on trading those that I breed, mind me) Also, how much do people usually ask for CB Silvers nowdays? And CB Bronzes and Golden Wyverns (I need one GW for a lineage)

Aaaand also 2nd gen Hellhorses, Soulpieces and Blunas, CB Blusangs and Nebulae?

Long answer, just my opinion smile.gif

2nd gen Avatars have dropped in value since they were released, I think it's even possible to get them for free if you ask nicely, or put a note in your signature what you're looking for. If you want to trade one away, I'd say a couple of BSA hatchies is fair.

2nd gen hellhorses, soulpeaces and blunas don't trade well, you can easily get them for free. If you're looking for them, I'd recommend offering something rarer (e.g. cheese, paper, chicken, dino, 2nd gen metal) and ask for 2-3 of them. You could also try to offer cb gemshard hatchies and ask for 2nd gen hybrids in exchange, since gemshards are still in high demand.

CB golden wyverns and nebulae are not really rare, just uncommon, so they are not really good trade fodder. If you want to get them in a trade, I'd again suggest using something rarer as trade fodder and asking at least for 2. CB seasonals tend to be surprisingly good trade fodder, so you could also try to trade a cb spring 1:1-2 for golden wyverns or nebulae.

Blusangs and silvers are the only rare ones on your list, with cb blusangs around the value of a cb trio, and cb silvers almost at the top of the trade market. People trade cb silvers for 3rd gen prize dragons, sometimes they go 1:1 for a green copper. Some people say silvers and golds are worth the same, others say that 1 gold equals 2 silvers or at least a silver plus a little extra. That's about it, other trades depend very much on what the trader is asking for (trades of cb silvers for multiple hatchies do happen, but you usually don't find these in the trading threads, but have to pm people).

Not sure what you mean with cb bronzes - maybe coppers? They are quite valueable, with green >> red > brown. Greens can go for a cb silver, while reds and browns can still be traded for a 2nd gen metal or sometimes for a 2nd gen alt.

I have a question about the lineages I see on trading threads, like EG/stairstep/arrow. Do people only want them if they're prizes or metals? I caught a 2G rare off the AP that I'd like to continue (although the partner is a holiday dragon, so the offspring probably wouldn't trade very well anyway) but not taking that into account, would a non-metal non-prize rare with a continue-able lineage be very hard to trade?

That's a very broad question, but stairsteps and arrows are mostly popular for prizes. Arrows don't trade well, even for prizes. For most other breeds, people prefer even-gens with a pattern. Even for regular metals, checker lineages are more popular than stairsteps.

In order to estimate what exactly you can get for the offspring of your AP catch, you'd have to tell us what it is xd.png The value depends a lot on the breed, and whether the mate is an older or newer holiday (newer ones are wide-spread enough so a lot of people can continue the lineage).

What could I get for multiple gemshard caveborns? And by multiple I'm referring to five and much above. smile.gif

I just finished a trade of 6 Gemshards for a 3rd gen Bronze Tinsel x Blusang IOU. I am feeling I was a little rash, and that I could have done a better deal for myself, because Gemshards aren't going to be the rage forever. I do believe, however, that they will always be desirable.

Hope that helps.

What could I get for multiple gemshard caveborns? And by multiple I'm referring to five and much above. smile.gif

it depends on what your after

I've been trading 1 cb gem hatchling for multiple cb red hatchling or a paper or a few other things I needed, since their release

it depends on what your after

I've been trading 1 cb gem hatchling for multiple cb red hatchling or a paper or a few other things I needed, since their release

I'm asking for a CB metallic (gold to be specific) and I am willing to take turns in giving even dozens of these to pay it off, but I'm not sure if anyone would want them.

you would have to find someone who can catch golds with ease and wants lots of gems

if you do find such a person please give me their name

Long answer, just my opinion smile.gif

2nd gen Avatars have dropped in value since they were released, I think it's even possible to get them for free if you ask nicely, or put a note in your signature what you're looking for. If you want to trade one away, I'd say a couple of BSA hatchies is fair.

2nd gen hellhorses, soulpeaces and blunas don't trade well, you can easily get them for free. If you're looking for them, I'd recommend offering something rarer (e.g. cheese, paper, chicken, dino, 2nd gen metal) and ask for 2-3 of them. You could also try to offer cb gemshard hatchies and ask for 2nd gen hybrids in exchange, since gemshards are still in high demand.

CB golden wyverns and nebulae are not really rare, just uncommon, so they are not really good trade fodder. If you want to get them in a trade, I'd again suggest using something rarer as trade fodder and asking at least for 2. CB seasonals tend to be surprisingly good trade fodder, so you could also try to trade a cb spring 1:1-2 for golden wyverns or nebulae.

Blusangs and silvers are the only rare ones on your list, with cb blusangs around the value of a cb trio, and cb silvers almost at the top of the trade market. People trade cb silvers for 3rd gen prize dragons, sometimes they go 1:1 for a green copper. Some people say silvers and golds are worth the same, others say that 1 gold equals 2 silvers or at least a silver plus a little extra. That's about it, other trades depend very much on what the trader is asking for (trades of cb silvers for multiple hatchies do happen, but you usually don't find these in the trading threads, but have to pm people).

Not sure what you mean with cb bronzes - maybe coppers? They are quite valueable, with green >> red > brown. Greens can go for a cb silver, while reds and browns can still be traded for a 2nd gen metal or sometimes for a 2nd gen alt.

Wow, thank you SO much! The few of those actually came as a surprise for me, I thought they'd be more expensive, especially the hybrids, but that could as well be because I don't have them yet lol.

And yes, I was thinking about Coppers, I still don't know the names of all the newish-ish dragons that well laugh.gif

Huh, I got a Paper recently, coud've traded that one for some of the more common hybrids instead of a Gemshard. They actually proved to be really easy to catch, surprisingly.

Another question; how much would a CB Golden Wyvern be worth in CB Gemshards? One, two? Or more?

Another question; how much would a CB Golden Wyvern be worth in CB Gemshards? One, two? Or more?

Personally I wouldn't trade more than one for it, they're not that hard to find after all.

Personally I wouldn't trade more than one for it, they're not that hard to find after all.

Agreed... if you have a gemshard and want a GW, you should easily get a trade. The other way around will be harder, because the demand for gemshards is high due to them being new.

I have a unique little lady I would like to know a fair trade for since I'm not usually a code trader. She's a 4th gen hatchy from a perfect well named Sweetling x Pink checker. Her code is (altered cap) LOL35 (laugh out loud or League of Legends depending on your wheelhouse). What could I reasonably ask for? I don't want to ask for too much and scare people off, but I also don't want to leave it open because I often get no offers if I don't list some ideas.

Lineage

Edited by JBluewind

I would be inclined to offer a 4gen checker of different breeds, in the general way of things. But that code does make some difference. I have never had any luck with them, though.

In my limited experience, I have never received over a normal-code price for one. I have paid above norm, myself, for codes that interested me. But never very much over.

The code just seems to make it more likely you'll get offers, than a 'better' deal.

Good luck with it. smile.gif

I would be inclined to offer a 4gen checker of different breeds, in the general way of things. But that code does make some difference. I have never had any luck with them, though.

In my limited experience, I have never received over a normal-code price for one. I have paid above norm, myself, for codes that interested me. But never very much over.

The code just seems to make it more likely you'll get offers, than a 'better' deal.

Good luck with it. smile.gif

Does the well named lineage make a difference? They have no coding, CB, or anything. Could I ask for a well named 2g Avatar from GoN x Mistletoe?

Also, for future reference how much would 4 non-CB pink hatchies be worth (best CB to expect)? What about 4 reds?

I'm after a CB Gold. I can't catch them. They're gone by the time I notice the word metallic and click.

So what would be a reasonable offer to get a CB Gold?

YOur first born child and all your wordly possessions! wink.gif

I don't know, maybe you have to get on someone's good side, before they catch one. I have a deal with a trader, 40 Ember hatchlings for a CB Gold. So be prepared for anything.

I'm after a CB Gold. I can't catch them. They're gone by the time I notice the word metallic and click.

I've personally never owned neither a CB Silver or Gold but from what i've seen in trading, a reasonable offer for a CB Gold would either be a CB Silver (which i've only seen ONCE in the cave in all my time...), a Neglected, all the CB Trios (magma, ice, thunder), a 2nd Gen Tinsel (if you're really lucky, a 2nd gen tinselkin, maybe) or multiple Pyralspites and hatchies not from the volcano. This is what i've only seen though so perhaps there could be other ways to gain a Gold without all the Ultra Rare Draggies?

CB Golds are probably the highest on anyone's list and by far the hardest to acquire but you might get lucky one day and grab one from the cave! happy.gif Theres always a chance..

Edited by lovecats99

From personal experience, if you want to easily trade for a CB Gold then two CB Silvers or a 3gen Gold/Silver (perferable '14 or '15) prize, something along the lines of that. I find it difficult to trade 3gen Bronze prizes for anything but CB Silvers. A 2gen prize is overpaying for a CB Gold.

Like others have said, totally depends on the trader, some might only want mass offers of hatchlings or CB rares/uncommons. (;