Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What is roughly in the same ball-park as a CB Red Dorsal egg?

Also, if I wanted a 2nd Gen Purple from a Seasonal (Summer), what would you need to trade to get one of these?

Also, if I wanted a 2nd Gen Purple from a Seasonal (Summer), what would you need to trade to get one of these?

For me a CB red dorsal would be roughly the same as CB tan Ridgewing, CB neb, maybe a cb red or pink depending, a couple of common hatchlings, or possibly a 4th 5th gen tinsel.

2nd gen purple from summer shouldn't be too hard to get, your best bet is to ask over in the even gen trade thread. An offer to breed something in return usually gets results.

For the first one, probably a CB Thunder. For the second, it depends on how summers breed. I'd say, maybe a CB hatchling of another season?

What can I get for this?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/am7WX

Pretty!

I find that it's harder to trade 3rd gens than it is to trade CB or 2nd gen.

It's hard to put a value on them.

Sometimes when I see a pretty egg that catches my fancy I'll offer whatever is on my scroll, could be a common hatchling, uncommon egg, or I'll offer to breed something in return.

I'd just ask for whatever you want, within reason, and leave it open to other offers too, and see what happens.

Thanks for the rough guess-timations. It is interesting to see different opinions. I was guessing the CB Red Dorsal would have been about the same as a CB Red which on my scale is a bit better than a CB Pink but not as good as a CB Neb. I thought it would take about 2 CB Red Dorsals to get a CB Thunder...but that is why I asked here...for opinions. Thanks again!!!

I've got a weird trading problem and don't know what to do about it. Please note: At this point, I have received everyone else's side of their deals, and I'm the one who owes.

Months ago, I set up a trade deal with ...let's call this person Joe. I didn't like trading with Joe, because negotiating with him was ridiculous and more trouble than it was worth. But I wanted Joe's CB metallics:

Joe's two CB golds <=> my five 3rd gen tinsels + my one 4th gen tinsel

Joe only had one CB gold on him, so I took that and gave him the 4th gen and two 3rd gens.

I don't take IOUs on metallics, ever, so I told Joe that I was not comfortable giving him the remaining three 3rd gens until I saw the other CB gold from him. He said he understood and would have it for me in 1-2 weeks.

I did not hear from Joe again for a while. So long, in fact, that I grayed-out the trade in my notes and figured he forgot about it.

My waitlist looked like this:

Pairing A:

Joe

Joe

Pairing B:

Joe

Meanwhile, I kept breeding and trading with other people, including the eggs that would be Joe's (if he ever showed up with the other CB gold, that is).

I set up an IOU trade with ...let's call her Sarah. Sarah is someone I would almost consider a friend, and we have traded with each other many, many times through the years. So when Sarah had an egg I wanted and all I had was an IOU, this was not a problem-- she knows that I will deliver my end as promptly as possible.

Pairing A:

Sarah

Joe

Joe

Pairing B:

Joe

Then I bred an egg from pairing B, and posted it in the trading threads. Joe saw it and got mad, saying that was his egg. It had been a long time since we made the deal, so neither of us remembered the details at first, and there was a lot of arguing while we tried to piece it together. I traded the egg to someone else, of course, because like I reminded Joe, I don't take metallic IOUs. So now Joe was pissed at me and I was pissed at Joe, and neither of us thought much of the other one.

Another trade offer came my way. Let's call this trader Lisa. I barely knew Lisa's name, but since setting up this trade, it turns out she's an awesome person.

Pairing A:

Sarah

Lisa

Joe

Joe

Pairing B: (the one Joe just got pissed about)

Lisa

Joe

Normally, I wouldn't do the trade with Lisa, because if you include Joe, there are now three people on the waitlist for pairing A. I don't like having more than two people on a waitlist at once. But I was pissed at Joe and didn't think he'd ever get me that second CB gold-- at this point, I assumed it had just been a kind of scam all along-- so to me, Joe's trade didn't really exist anymore. It was just Sarah and Lisa on that list.

This still would not have caused a problem, except that while pairing B was breeding just fine, pairing A had stopped producing eggs.

This week, Joe showed up again... this time, with a CB gold in hand.

I took the gold, now that it had finally appeared.

Pairing A:

Sarah

Lisa

Joe

Joe

Pairing B:

Joe

This is what I did when the CB gold appeared:

Pairing A:

Sarah

Joe

Lisa

Joe

Pairing B:

Joe

Frankly, I figured that that was as fair as I could make it. Sarah was expecting the next egg, and I would not disappoint her. But Joe did set up his deal months ago, so he shouldn't have to wait forever to get an egg from pairing A. But Joe also took months to do what he claimed would take weeks, and was an ass about it, so I wouldn't make Lisa wait too long to get her own.

Joe, of course, is pissed. Joe insists that he should be first on this list, because I told him months ago that he would be. And I'd agree, except I only said that because he told me it would be 1-2 weeks, and instead it's been months. Moreover, I very much dislike Joe at this point.

Needless to say, I'm not trading with Joe after this, nor he with me.

Meanwhile...

Is he right about the list, or am I? And at this point, would it be too petty to bump him down even further and not give him a single egg from pairing A until after Sarah and Lisa have theirs? I'm pissed enough to do that... and it's more fair to Lisa... but emotion clouds judgement and I'm emotional about this. So if I'm in the wrong, I'd really like someone to tell me.

I've got a weird trading problem and don't know what to do about it. Please note: At this point, I have received everyone else's side of their deals, and I'm the one who owes.

Months ago, I set up a trade deal with ...let's call this person Joe. I didn't like trading with Joe, because negotiating with him was ridiculous and more trouble than it was worth. But I wanted Joe's CB metallics:

Joe's two CB golds <=> my five 3rd gen tinsels + my one 4th gen tinsel

Joe only had one CB gold on him, so I took that and gave him the 4th gen and two 3rd gens.

I don't take IOUs on metallics, ever, so I told Joe that I was not comfortable giving him the remaining three 3rd gens until I saw the other CB gold from him. He said he understood and would have it for me in 1-2 weeks.

I did not hear from Joe again for a while. So long, in fact, that I grayed-out the trade in my notes and figured he forgot about it.

Pairing A:

Joe

Joe

Pairing B:

Joe

Meanwhile, I kept breeding and trading with other people, including the eggs that would be Joe's (if he ever showed up with the other CB gold, that is).

I set up an IOU trade with ...let's call her Sarah. Sarah is someone I would almost consider a friend, and we have traded with each other many, many times through the years. So when Sarah had an egg I wanted and all I had was an IOU, this was not a problem-- she knows that I will deliver my end as promptly as possible.

Pairing A:

Sarah

Joe

Joe

Pairing B:

Joe

Then I bred an egg from pairing B, and posted it in the trading threads. Joe saw it and got mad, saying that was his egg. It had been a long time since we made the deal, so neither of us remembered the details at first, and there was a lot of arguing while we tried to piece it together. I traded the egg to someone else, of course, because like I reminded Joe, I don't take metallic IOUs. So now Joe was pissed at me and I was pissed at Joe, and neither of us thought much of the other one.

Another trade offer came my way. Let's call this trader Lisa. I barely knew Lisa's name, but since setting up this trade, it turns out she's an awesome person.

Pairing A:

Sarah

Lisa

Joe

Joe

Pairing B: (the one Joe just got pissed about)

Lisa

Joe

Normally, I wouldn't do the trade with Lisa, because if you include Joe, there are now three people on the waitlist for pairing A. I don't like having more than two people on a waitlist at once. But I was pissed at Joe and didn't think he'd ever get me that second CB gold-- at this point, I assumed it had just been a kind of scam all along-- so to me, Joe's trade didn't really exist anymore. It was just Sarah and Lisa on that list.

This still would not have caused a problem, except that while pairing B was breeding just fine, pairing A had stopped producing eggs.

This week, Joe showed up again... this time, with a CB gold in hand.

I took the gold, now that it had finally appeared.

Pairing A:

Sarah

Lisa

Joe

Joe

Pairing B:

Joe

This is what I did when the CB gold appeared:

Pairing A:

Sarah

Joe

Lisa

Joe

Pairing B:

Joe

Frankly, I figured that that was as fair as I could make it. Sarah was expecting the next egg, and I would not disappoint her. But Joe did set up his deal months ago, so he shouldn't have to wait forever to get an egg from pairing A. But Joe also took months to do what he claimed would take weeks, and was an ass about it, so I wouldn't make Lisa wait too long to get her own.

Joe, of course, is pissed. Joe insists that he should be first on this list, because I told him months ago that he would be. And I'd agree, except I only said that because he told me it would be 1-2 weeks, and instead it's been months. Moreover, I very much dislike Joe at this point.

Needless to say, I'm not trading with Joe after this, nor he with me.

Meanwhile...

Is he right about the list, or am I? And at this point, would it be too petty to bump him down even further and not give him a single egg from pairing A until after Sarah and Lisa have theirs? I'm pissed enough to do that... and it's more fair to Lisa... but emotion clouds judgement and I'm emotional about this. So if I'm in the wrong, I'd really like someone to tell me.

If Joe is that bad of a person, then simply take him off the list. He got at least half of what he wanted, and he's an ass aside.

If Joe is that bad of a person, then simply take him off the list. He got at least half of what he wanted, and he's an ass aside.

Dishonorable. I got my end of the trade, in the end, so he is still owed the three 3rd gen tinsels.

Dishonorable. I got my end of the trade, in the end, so he is still owed the three 3rd gen tinsels.

Eh, then all you can do is give him what he wants, and not ask. That's the only other option. :/

Eh, then all you can do is give him what he wants, and not ask. That's the only other option. :/

Not ask... what? ^^; You lost me, or I lost you.

I could put Joe at the top of the list, the bottom of the list, or leave it like it is (one to Sarah, then one to Joe, one to Lisa, then the last to Joe). I'm just trying to find out what's fair here.

I've got a weird trading problem and don't know what to do about it. Please note: At this point, I have received everyone else's side of their deals, and I'm the one who owes....

... but emotion clouds judgement and I'm emotional about this. So if I'm in the wrong, I'd really like someone to tell me.

Ouch, tough situation... but I think at the point you took the second gold egg from Joe you more or less agreed to finish out the trade you originally set up.

So not giving him what he's owed I think would be bad faith on your part.

I do think since Joe didn't bother to contact you and

let you know he was having trouble getting the second egg then he doesn't have a right to complain when he loses first spot on the list. If he can cause you to wait months then it's fair if in return he now has to wait.

Is there any chance at all that any of the involved parties might be willing to renegotiate for something else of similar value?

Not ask... what? ^^;  You lost me, or I lost you.

I could put Joe at the top of the list, the bottom of the list, or leave it like it is (one to Sarah, then one to Joe, one to Lisa, then the last to Joe).  I'm just trying to find out what's fair here.

Leave him at his current place on the list (interspaced with the other people) or bump him to the bottom.

My reasoning is simple. From what you've said, it feels like this was more two trades than one. Considering you both swapped in-hand things for the first part and then were swapping IOUs for the second half, I don't feel it deserves to be called the same trade, especially not with a months-long difference between the two.

If he'd initially shown up with 2 CB golds in hand, then yes, he'd have been first in line. But he showed up with ONE CB Gold, and you traded several things for it. Thus, one trade.

Now, months later, he finally shows up with a SECOND CB Gold. Thus it's pretty much a second trade. Since this trade is occurring after you've made several more recent trades, he's at the bottom of the waiting list. Tinsels tend to breed pretty fast anyway, he doesn't need to get his pants in a pickle.

Also you already have the CB Gold in hand, I imagine? If so, then too bad, he's just going to have to sit and be patient. So long as you get him what you promised in time you're perfectly in the right. If you DON'T yet have the CB Gold--then it's up to you if you want to cave in to a butt to get it or just seek out someone else willing to trade you a CB Gold for your tinsels.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Ouch, tough situation... but I think at the point you took the second gold egg from Joe you more or less agreed to finish out the trade you originally set up.

So not giving him what he's owed I think would be bad faith on your part.

I do think since Joe didn't bother to contact you and

let you know he was having trouble getting the second egg then he doesn't have a right to complain when he loses first spot on the list. If he can cause you to wait months then it's fair if in return he now has to wait.

Is there any chance at all that any of the involved parties might be willing to renegotiate for something else of similar value?

Thank you.

And no-- I don't have anything comparable to offer. ^^; The line is rare, yet contains no holidays or discontinued dragons (the rest of mine are all Xribbon, Xfrill, or Xcommon). Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Sorry, but if you had an agreement with 'Joe' that you would give him the next bred eggs from those tinsels...well...regardless of how long it took 'Joe' to produce the CB Gold, you must keep to your word. While I understand that it is frustrating, I had a similiar situation with someone, when you make an agreement, 'Joe' is within his rights to expect you to keep to it, regardless of how long it took him to keep his end of the bargain...in the end he did keep his word and to the best of everyone's knowledge, he did not put other trades ahead of the one he made with you.

From my side, I had someone who persistantly bugged and bugged me about making a trade to get a gold tinsel from me. Finally, out of frustration I agreed that the next bred tinsel would be hers for the next her tinsel bred. (a tinsel, that quite frankly I couldn't give two hoots about). Meanwhile I found myself in the same dilema as you find yourself in, I had two incredibly nice people make offers for offspring from my tinsel. I now had two other people on the IOU list for that tinsel.

I was angry, here were two people who were so nice and my tinsel had just bred a beautiful gold. I could make one of those really nice people happy and fulfill our IOU, instead I had this pushy person first on the list and quite frankly I was sure she had forgotten about the entire deal, after all I hadn't heard anything about whether her tinsel had bred and it had been a long time. I really wanted to give the egg to one of the very nice people.

But in the end you must keep to your word and I gave the tinsel to the pushy person as I promised. Regardless of anything, if I promise something to someone I must fulfill that promise. The tinsel bred again and the IOUs to the other people were fulfilled. In the end, I had done what I promised and felt neither anger nor regret and had neither anger nor regret directed at me from someone else.

My point being, regardless of who or what, if you say the 'next' and you reneg on that then you are at fault.

Edited by Dubious

@ DarkEternity and fuzz

Hahaha yeah, I know I've made it rather difficult for myself. >_O Thanks for the advice though! :3

I think when my CB Metals finally decide to spit out some brats, I'll just try trading and see if it gets any interest.

And of course I'll be sure to win a competition or two and ask for CB Hollies. biggrin.gif It'll probably be easier!

I'm curious.  What's a CB black worth?  Could I get a pair of BSA pinks with one?
A CB black is definitely worth a couple of pinks, if you aren't picky about lineage you could probably get more than a couple. You might even get them influenced and hatched for you. biggrin.gif

What is the worth of this and can I get any cb lumina hatchies from it?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/aS80Y

Hard to say, that is only going to appeal to a small set of people. If you traded it as a hatchie you would probably have a better chance of getting offers. But you never know, it can't hurt to try to offer it as an egg.