Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

no clue on the Geode tbh. maybe list it as "best offer gets it" and see what you get offer wise.

What is this worth

http://dragcave.net/lineage/YCF6J

i'd say 1 or two commons, or an unbreedable/uncommon.

No idea, but it's a really cool lineage. smile.gif

How many BSA hatchies is a CB stripe worth?

Edited by flippin

What do CB vines go for these days?

imo theey're semi-uncommon. i'd put them at the same price as a Sunsong, Ridgewing, BSA Purple/Magi, White or Royal Blue.

How many BSA hatchies is a CB stripe worth?

depnds on which BSA you're asking for and whether its CB or Lineaged. assuming your wanting CB ...

Pinks and Reds are the highest valued BSA's. i'd list those between a 1:1 and 2:1 depending on drops.

for Magi & Purples. these are fairly easy to catch, drop quite often and sit for long stretches imo. i'd list them at 3:1 tbh

Any advice on what a purple dino is worth, please? I'm after a black dragon really.. is it possible?! Not a CB, but hopefully a nice lineage. What do you think?

Thank you!

I'd say a dino is worth a nice 2nd or 3rd gen black easily, especially if you trade it as a hatchie. You might have to wait a little longer to get an offer because dinos aren't as usually as sought after as breedable dragons.

for someone who doesn't mine Tombestones in the lineage yes. but for people like me who are anti-tombstones because it makes a false low gen and imo devalues the "real" tinsels, it's worth less than a common. it depends on personal preferance though.

in my experience with Splits, i have a hard time even gifting those buggers away. they only breed with their own species, which devalues them a lot. theres just no real market for them.

imo to get a CB GW using a Vine you'd either have to add another CB Vine or a semi uncommon CB (ie: Ember, Moonstone, Atl Ridgewing, Alt Dorsal).

when thinking of prices for Gold Wyvrens, you have to remember that in lists, the CB's for that species is 3rd or 4th on everyones lists. general rule of thumbe for top valued catchable eggs are

1st - Gold

2nd - Silver

3rd & 4th - Blacks and Gold Wyvrens being tied depending on breeding ratios.

5th & 6th - Trio & Stripes (depending on ratios and projects)

7th - Vine

its a medium lineaged Tinsels, a two breed SS and the lineage is easy to continue. a 4 or 5 G Metal or a Tinsel swap or an uncommon CB easily for it

worth a lot imo given it's a low gen from one of the new Tinsels.

if you can continue the lineage, i've seen as much as a CB Metal and as little as a handful of common or uncommon hatchies.

at the least, i'd ask for 5 or 9 CB BSA (red or pink) hatchies for one of it's offspring

(i'm in the market for one of those shinies. hit me up on PM if you want to work out a trade cool.gif )

even once Glory is no longer a new tinsel, yours will still go for good trade value because of how low gen it is; the only down side is that it's coupled with blacks and their catchability seems to have a lot of dry spells, which makes the lineage semi hard to complete imo but well worth the effort (especially since their so pretty together)

To be honest

I think you´re putting the rarity of CB GoldenWyverns wrong

They are high in demand, yes, but not as hard to catch as you say.

I trade CB Ices/Blacks/Stripes away for two CB GWs each.

Per CB Neb I take one CB GW.

@Warrior57: 4th gen tinsels are at that tricky edge where they're not worth anything super rare but they're not going to go easy, either. That's a beautiful silver, but it's also somewhat high gen--perhaps aim your sights at a pretty 5th gen or 6th gen tinsel instead? You might even be able to get 2:1. If you're deadset on a 4th gen, though, just keep offering and hoping--someone might bite. smile.gif

@thundersky86: It's a nice enough black, but there's nothing really special about the lineage. You could probably trade for lineaged stripes or similiar blacks, or maybe a common hatchie. Or you could hold it and see if it alts--it's not amazing enough that people will take a personal gamble on it alting, but if it DOES alt then I imagine people will want it! biggrin.gif

@aquamarine84: That tinsel has an incredibly long and incredibly messy lineage. I really don't think you'll be able to trade it for anything but CB common eggs--and the only people that might bother making that swap are probably the newer members. ;_____;

As for myself--would 7 CB red hatchlings be worth a CB metal or neglected, or a 2nd gen tinsel? I got one opinion but I'm looking for a second, as I started offering early this morning and haven't gotten a sniff of interest. I'm not certain if I've vastly overestimated the worth of my offer or if I just haven't bumped into the right people yet. ;A;

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I'm doing a personal project and need to get a 2nd gen Nocturne from every breedable dragon available... what on earth do I need to be offering for a Nocturne from a Holly? huh.gif On one hand, it's a 2nd gen Nocturne, not exactly a sought after breed, but on the other hand its from a CB Holly, which are pretty damn rare.

Any suggestions?

As for myself--would 7 CB red hatchlings be worth a CB metal or neglected, or a 2nd gen tinsel? I got one opinion but I'm looking for a second, as I started offering early this morning and haven't gotten a sniff of interest. I'm not certain if I've vastly overestimated the worth of my offer or if I just haven't bumped into the right people yet. ;A;

TBH I wouldn't trade a CB metal for the hatchlings unless I was just desperate for the BSA. Took a bit of time to get the reds collected and hatched, but the eggs really aren't that hard to catch. OTOH I can go months without even seeing a metal, let alone catching one. 2nd gen tinsels are even harder to come by from what I see in the trade threads.

If you could add to your offer? A CB spring or a couple of blacks or stripes might make the offer more enticing to someone.

The neglected might be a more likely possibility if you happen to catch the attention of somebody who has making them down to an art and has a few on hand to trade with.

I'm doing a personal project and need to get a 2nd gen Nocturne from every breedable dragon available... what on earth do I need to be offering for a Nocturne from a Holly? huh.gif On one hand, it's a 2nd gen Nocturne, not exactly a sought after breed, but on the other hand its from a CB Holly, which are pretty damn rare.

Any suggestions?

Lots and lots of patience. blink.gif

And maybe a nice BIG request for a trade in your signature, for just that one egg. Large font, bold color, uncluttered, attention grabbing sentence.

Maybe ask over in the even gen trading thread too, lots of people there like to breed eggs for lineage projects, you might get lucky and find a holly owner.

@angelicdragonpuppy

Imho 7 (or even 10) cb red hatchies are not worth a cb gold: I think if someone was able to catch a cb gold, then they are surely perfectly able to get all cb reds they need. And people usually hope to trade a neglected for a very nice metal or tinsel and not for common / uncommon hatchies

About 2nd gen tinsels imho it is no twice: first, people with 2nd gen tinsels can have whatever they want for them (you can easily find people offering 2 or more cb metals for one of them) and second, there are about 50 (probably much less) people able to breed 2nd gen tinsels who read the forum, and one million people who want a 2nd gen tinsels.

If I were you I'd try to look for a 2nd - 3rd nice lineage metal, or a 3rd-4th gen tinsel, or a cb spring

Which is worth more, a 3rd, 4th, or 5th generation even-gen pureblood turpentine egg?

Same basic question. Which gen is desirable for a staircase night/day glory lineage with nights being the CB and the males?

Lots and lots of patience. blink.gif

And maybe a nice BIG request for a trade in your signature, for just that one egg. Large font, bold color, uncluttered, attention grabbing sentence.

Maybe ask over in the even gen trading thread too, lots of people there like to breed eggs for lineage projects, you might get lucky and find a holly owner.

I think the hardest part will be finding a CB Holly owner. >_O Then I've got to worry about what they might want in return. I can offer 2nd gen Metals and ND IOUs, but not much else.

Good suggestion on the even-gen thread though. smile.gif I think I'll pop my head in and see if I get lucky.

By the way, for uber commons from a CB Holly, NDs/ND IOUs would be a huge overshoot, but CB Stripes/CB Blacks and 2nd gen metals are more about the mark. It depends how inundated with requests owners are *stares sadly at breeding list.

Any suggestions?

I think you need to work VERY VERY hard to win one of the comps and choose a CB Holly as your prize biggrin.gif

Good luck....