Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I just picked this up from the AP. Obviously it's worth astronomically less than a tinsel of this gen, but would it be worth anything at all in a trade?

Those are called "Tinsel Fails" and some people specifically look for them. Try advertising it as "2G Tinsel Fail Terrae" and you might get some bites.

What do you think a purebred 2G turp egg is worth? common, uncommon, or rare?

Those are called "Tinsel Fails" and some people specifically look for them. Try advertising it as "2G Tinsel Fail Terrae" and you might get some bites.

Thanks! I know about Tinsel Fails and I have a few on my scroll, but none as low gen as this one.

Thanks! I know about Tinsel Fails and I have a few on my scroll, but none as low gen as this one.

Ah, sorry for assuming. I think the best you'll get is an uncommon.

I'm not trading a CB Ice or a high-gen regular black hatchie for a CB shimmer egg.

2 CB vines is a bit too much.

I'm thinking I should just wait till it hatches to see if I'm actually trading a CB alt vine for a CB shimmer.

like others have said, CB Vines (and CB Blacks) don't alt. if you see a CB alt of those two its either a prize dragon request or TJs.

in this case a hatchie wont matter imo, CB Vine is not equal to a CB Gold Wyvren. like i said, Wyvrens are harder to catch and drop less, plus their in high demand because there are a lot of breeding projects using them. average drop i see maybe 5 or 6 Vines go by (some sit for 5 to 6 seconds) in the forrest. i see maybe 2 or 3 Shimmers go by and they go about as fast as a CB Metallic.

you might get a 2G offer, but i wouldn't hold my breath for a CB.

Edited by Red2111

like others have said, CB Vines (and CB Blacks) don't alt.  if you see a CB alt of those two its either a prize dragon request or TJs.

in this case a hatchie wont matter imo, CB Vine is not equal to a CB Gold Wyvren.  like i said, Wyvrens are harder to catch and drop less, plus their in high demand because there are a lot of breeding projects using them.  average drop i see maybe 5 or 6 Vines go by (some sit for 5 to 6 seconds) in the forrest.  i see maybe 2 or 3 Shimmers go by and they go about as fast as a CB Metallic.

you might get a 2G offer, but i wouldn't hold my breath for a CB.

Well it has to be a caveborn, or I won't consider their offer, even if there was a CB gold on it.

I can add a CB split.

Edited by James1011

Well it has to be a caveborn, or I won't consider their offer, even if there was a CB gold on it.

I can add a CB split.

CB Splits/CB Vines have somewhat limited lineage use. CB GW are highly sought after by collectors/lineage builders.

Amberfly- 2nd gen tinsel fails are worth quite a lot. You should be able to easily get a 2nd gen metal/CB Stripe/CB Black for it.

Edited by DarkEternity

Out of curiousity, what's the going rate for a CB or low gen Pillow? I utterly adore them, but they don't seem to be traded a lot?

And what would a 3rd gen Spring egg be worth (stairstep or even seasonal gen)? Whew, back in the day, you couldn't give them away.

.... clearly, it has been a while since I played. blink.gif

I would give a couple common eggs- the lineages are both pretty messy with no real structure behind them.

@Ashywolf It's a gold tinsel which always fetches something nice, but it is a false fourth generation which lessens its value considerably. I'd say a medium lineage trio.

I'd take it at it's complete worth, because I know over 50 people that would trade a CB Gold/ CB Silver for that type of egg. I would trade it in a heartbeat.

Just because it's deadline does not mean it lessens anything anymore.

e2; I meant the gold Tinsel. The Ices are basically what you see, what you get as far as trading goes.

Edited by Ashes The Second

@Ashes the Second I see what you mean- how silly of me tongue.gif

What would siblings of this be worth?

Edited by Snowytoshi

Hi there,

I was wondering what offspring of this would be worth. What do you think I could get for them?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/hYUA9

My dragon is a 3rd gen bronze tinsel from glory x black, perfect stairstep. The offspring would be fourth gen.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I was wondering what offspring of this would be worth. What do you think I could get for them?

My dragon is a 3rd gen bronze tinsel from glory x black, perfect stairstep. The offspring would be fourth gen.

Thanks!

I dont rate any tinsel above a cb hatchy or 2 tops once they hit 4th gen. I dont know what other people are willing to pay for them, but since I nearly always get a tinsel every time i breed them, I consider them commons.

Hi there,

Thanks!

I would think something along the lines of a 2gen metallic, and maybe more.

Out of curiosity, given the current seasonal drought, would I have a chance at getting a CB spring if I offered a CB trio (magma, specifically), or would I need to throw in a metallic on top of it?

Hi there,

Thanks!

4th gens from 2011 tinsels are not worth very much.. maybe just a cb common hatchie or a medium lineage uncommon egg: tinsels lose their value A LOT from 3rd to 4th gen

But your is from a 2012 line! And many people would trade very nice things for a 4th gen from it. I agreeyou could have at least a short gen metallic or maybe a couple of cb trios

Out of curiosity, given the current seasonal drought, would I have a chance at getting a CB spring if I offered a CB trio (magma, specifically), or would I need to throw in a metallic on top of it?

I saw people keeping offering two cb trios hatchlings or 2 cb trios eggs and 2 cb gold wyvern eggs for a cb spring with no success, so I think your chances are very slim if you don't add at least a low gen metallic to your offer

I saw people keeping offering two cb trios hatchlings or 2 cb trios eggs and 2 cb gold wyvern eggs for a cb spring with no success, so I think your chances are very slim if you don't add at least a low gen metallic to your offer

Eesh, yeowch. xd.png Thanks for the response!

Thanks everybody! I'm going to hope I can get something nice for 4th gens from that line smile.gif

Would this be worth anything?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/No9Md

Two people have replied already, but, this egg has a really, really gorgeous lineage. I wouldn't trade a CB Metal for it, but, I would give up quite a bit to have it.

Would this be worth anything?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/No9Md

for someone who doesn't mine Tombestones in the lineage yes. but for people like me who are anti-tombstones because it makes a false low gen and imo devalues the "real" tinsels, it's worth less than a common. it depends on personal preferance though.

I can add a CB split.

in my experience with Splits, i have a hard time even gifting those buggers away. they only breed with their own species, which devalues them a lot. theres just no real market for them.

imo to get a CB GW using a Vine you'd either have to add another CB Vine or a semi uncommon CB (ie: Ember, Moonstone, Atl Ridgewing, Alt Dorsal).

when thinking of prices for Gold Wyvrens, you have to remember that in lists, the CB's for that species is 3rd or 4th on everyones lists. general rule of thumbe for top valued catchable eggs are

1st - Gold

2nd - Silver

3rd & 4th - Blacks and Gold Wyvrens being tied depending on breeding ratios.

5th & 6th - Trio & Stripes (depending on ratios and projects)

7th - Vine

@Ashes the Second I see what you mean- how silly of me tongue.gif

What would siblings of this be worth?

its a medium lineaged Tinsels, a two breed SS and the lineage is easy to continue. a 4 or 5 G Metal or a Tinsel swap or an uncommon CB easily for it

Hi there,

Thanks!

worth a lot imo given it's a low gen from one of the new Tinsels.

if you can continue the lineage, i've seen as much as a CB Metal and as little as a handful of common or uncommon hatchies.

at the least, i'd ask for 5 or 9 CB BSA (red or pink) hatchies for one of it's offspring

(i'm in the market for one of those shinies. hit me up on PM if you want to work out a trade cool.gif )

even once Glory is no longer a new tinsel, yours will still go for good trade value because of how low gen it is; the only down side is that it's coupled with blacks and their catchability seems to have a lot of dry spells, which makes the lineage semi hard to complete imo but well worth the effort (especially since their so pretty together)

Not sure what this little one is worth...

http://dragcave.net/lineage/DtWWW

3rd gen Thuwed, purebred, comes from a CB geode (which as we all know, only TJ can have a CB geode, so that is one of a kind) and is a geode itself.

I have no idea what to ask for it in trade.

Edited by Dubious