Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Is a CB black worth any one CB trio?

Yes they are, dry.gif sometime I felt like they more rare than CB stripe.

Edited by dragon-in-night

Technically, a egg is only worth what someone is willing to trade for it. Technically, a CB gold is worth no more than a messy bred common. Technically.

BUT....there is no real standard of 'currency" here, it's all what is the trend. I remember when CB golds were more common, you could pick one up for a CB black, easy. Now, they are a bit harder to get, so everyone asks for an ND at the least. Which are even more rare and very hard to make/get. Lol...I see lots of golds asking for ND's and I think, guess you gonna have to keep that, lol. And that may change later.

Just check the trades daily, and see what trends are followed. Offer what you can. IF it is refused, then look for another trade.

Edited by Riverwillows

I've offered up a CB Sun egg, and I was wondering if everyone thinks it's reasonable to ask for a CB Seasonal or CB Tan Ridgewing. For me, they're all just as hard to get - I just so happened to get the Sun egg as an impulse click while hunting for one of the others... in the wrong biome. XD

Question.

What would 3rd gen stairstep tinsel-fails from Galletian be worth? Both parents aren't tinsels, but its grandpa is.

Breeding it with a CB snow angel, but I can breed it with others if it will increase the worth.

Personally, I believe tinsel fails to be worthless, unless they're 2nd gen (and therefore useful for lineages), particularly since there's going to be an increased number of CB tinsels.

Anarya-Ameana- I personally think that another 3rd gen GW would be the only fair trade.

soullesshuman- The jump is exponential.

Lullakai-Shi- 2nd gen trios would definitely not be worth a 2nd gen GW. GW breed like rabbits at the moment, your best bet would be to swap them. Stripes are breeding terribly, so a 2nd gen GW is hardly worth a 2nd gen stripe. The only thing that comes close as a fair trade are 2nd gen blacks; they're breeding v. well at the moment.

Tetra Kataki- I think you'd be able to net a CB seasonal, but not a CB tan as tans inch away from the commons into the undefined region betwee uncommon and common.

Edited by DarkEternity

What is a 2nd gen gold female hatchling worth? As well as a CB Thunder male hatchling?

I've been trying to trade these for CB Stripes, and no bites, so I'm guessing they aren't rare at all. The gold is a NORMAL GOLD too, not a GW.

What exactly could I get out of these guys? Is it reasonable of me to ask for more than one CB Stripe for my 2nd gen gold hatchie and to ask for a CB Ice hatchie for my CB Thunder (since they're both Trios) or a CB Stripe for the Thunder?

Voardrem- there are a couple of reasons

1. At most, I'd say a 2nd gen gold is worth two CB stripes.

2. You don't have the 'image' of the egg. For some reason, if there is an 'image' of the egg people are more likely to trade.

3. You didn't link to the lineage of the egg. For some reason, this also affects trading. Also, I'm a lazy person and I find that people rarely bother to PM.

4. If no one has bitten immediately, wait at least a night and bump your posts. ;-;

5. Personally, CB trios are valued less CB stripe

6. Someone might not have a CB ice hatchy that they are looking to trade wink.gif If you ask for an egg or hatchy, you are more likely (statistically) to find someone who 1) has one 2) is willing to trade.

7. Offering the option of a trade link and PM is more likely to net a response. A lot of people are scared of PMing. It also doesn't hurt to leave a link, because I think people who don't necessarily have a forum account can also offer.

Edited by DarkEternity

Voardrem- there are a couple of reasons

1. At most, I'd say a 2nd gen gold is worth two CB stripes.

2. You don't have the 'image' of the egg. For some reason, if there is an 'image' of the egg people are more likely to trade.

3. You didn't link to the lineage of the egg. For some reason, this also affects trading. Also, I'm a lazy person and I find that people rarely bother to PM.

4. If no one has bitten immediately, wait at least a night and bump your posts. ;-;

5. Personally, CB trios are valued less CB stripe

6. Someone might not have a CB ice hatchy that they are looking to trade wink.gif If you ask for an egg or hatchy, you are more likely (statistically) to find someone who 1) has one 2) is willing to trade.

7. Offering the option of a trade link and PM is more likely to net a response. A lot of people are scared of PMing. It also doesn't hurt to leave a link, because I think people who don't necessarily have a forum account can also offer.

Thanks. Thats really helpful information. As for trade links, sometimes I don't have enough Magis to set up all the trade links. In the future, however, I'll make sure to try and have a trade link ready for everything I am trading. I did that awhile back, and after 3 days I still didn't have any offers, but I did have PMs offering on what I was offering, so I stopped doing the trade link thing, figuring people didn't use it a lot.

I did add images to my posts. Since those are more appealing, I guess.

So, does anyone know what a sibling of this would go for? (stairstep bronze x stripe 4th gen)

Mind, I usually ask for CB pillows, embers, sunsongs, and fellfires.

So, does anyone know what a sibling of this would go for? (stairstep bronze x stripe 4th gen)

Mind, I usually ask for CB pillows, embers, sunsongs, and fellfires.

If it's to someone who doesn't have many tinsels, you can probably ask for a few (2-4?) of those common hatchlings. For sure 2-4 eggs.

Someone with more tinsels will likely have rarer eggs and hatchlings too, so if you want, you can ask for a bloodswap. (For example, I'd love to bloodswap ^.^ because I have the means to.)

Someone with a lot of dragons (ex.Gold Trophy) probably won't trade you commons, but maybe you can get stripes or CB uncommons instead (1:1).

Yes they are, dry.gif sometime I felt like they more rare than CB stripe.

Funnily enough, I got 2 CB Black hatchlings for an '09xFrill Egg. I considered that to be fully worth it (I can't get a proper mate for it anyway rolleyes.gif) What do you guys think?

And I've been trying to get a decently lower gen Metallic, but I don't cave-hunt very often. What sort of bred egg would match a lower gen metallic?

Edited by Ice_SW

Ice_SW- You got a good deal for that one. Personally the only 2nd gens I would trade stuff for specific Holidays (limit 2) would be:

1. Marrow x sweet alt

2. '07 (holly) x any holiday

3. CB tinsel x any holiday

4. Spriter's alt x any holiday.

soullesshuman- I believe the double edged blade you are dealing with is:

1. People who like lineages:

a. many have tinsels of roughly that gen already

b. they desire uncoming pairings

2. People who don't care about lineages:

a. have a lot of other 'cheaper' options e.g. any hatching can net a tinsel 1:1, plus lots of players are trying to get rid of them.

Supply and demand and personal worth to the player really dictate the market value of anything. If I was building a lineage and say..needed a Royal Blue badly and they were dropping infrequently in the Cave I'd certainly go to trade for them. I'd probably pick something nice to breed and trade with to entice someone to let one go and help my project (assuming I had one at the moment). So there is a case of a common perhaps pulling a nice egg in return. The Royal Blue technically over valued if you look at most player's value rankings. But, to the person creating the lineage, invaluable. Thus the "value" is skewed in this case.

Supply and demand and personal worth to the player really dictate the market value of anything. If I was building a lineage and say..needed a Royal Blue badly and they were dropping infrequently in the Cave I'd certainly go to trade for them. I'd probably pick something nice to breed and trade with to entice someone to let one go and help my project (assuming I had one at the moment). So there is a case of a common perhaps pulling a nice egg in return. The Royal Blue technically over valued if you look at most player's value rankings. But, to the person creating the lineage, invaluable. Thus the "value" is skewed in this case.

This is what it ALL boils down to. If I am looking for a couple of bloodswaps - from people I can trust not to murder anything - I will offer pretty much anything - because - well, heck, if I can breed a 2nd gen silver - why not offer that for something I want. (I have done so for something quite ordinary, but I forget what it was now !)

This has probably been answered before but I don't have the time to wade through all the pages. I'm trading a hatching that's at 4d 8h. I've PMed the other person about it, but does having the hatchling in Teleport sort of 'hold' it from maturing? Can I fog it and will it still be Teleportable?

How much does a Cheese go for? A paper?

Two pillows for me anyway. I already have both, so eh. Id ask on the chat and get opinions there.

How many 4th gen stairstep tinsels do you think could swap a 3rd gen?

Also, how do people request 2nd gen tinsels? I've tried putting CB metallics up for trade for 2nd gen tinsels with no avail.

How much does a Cheese go for? A paper?

unbreedables are only valuable to those who want them, most of the time people offer uncommon hatchlings as their best offer (like reds or vamps). Otherwise they will just offer other unbreedables.

Edited by DragonKing1337

What can I get for my red dino?

Red dinos can fetch another colored dino, possibly a paper egg. A vampire, CB or not, too, and any other uncommon egg

What could I get for a 2nd gen gold? (father is a CB gold, mother is a CB holly)

What about a 2nd gen silver?

And what is a CB gold wyvern worth?

Need a CB Stripe. What kind of things are they worth? Anyone know how many (bred) Red hatchies I'd need to trade for one? Or CB Nebulas? Or CB GWs? 2nd gen PB GWs? Papers? I can't seem to catch one so I'm probably going to have to trade for one, but I have no idea what to offer.

Edited by AlternateMew

Too the people who trade their CB Metallics, what do they normally want in exchange for them?

Too the people who trade their CB Metallics, what do they normally want in exchange for them?

I know NDs are a popular choice.

I know NDs are a popular choice.

Thought so, I'll start experimenting tonight I guess.