Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What would a curled alt black be worth nowadays?

(I haven't seen one for a while.)

It used to be that sitting ones were highly in demand, with people making crazy offers for them, and curled ones considered relatively common. Now, with the sitting ones swinging back again, that's pretty much reversed, with more people asking for curled ones in trades. I wouldn't say that they're as in-demand as the sittings ones were during the alt-drought, but at a guess I'd say you could probably get a nicely-lineaged regular metallic or short-lined Tinsel for one.

My question: I don't know how many can speak from experience, but - can anyone please tell me what multiple-times-inbred regular metallics are actually going for these days?

I've been trying and trying to trade for a few to complete my hatchling collection (<3 the silver and gold hatchies so much!), but I've actually had better luck with arranging trades for nicer silvers than for any of the inbreds I've attempted! It seems like people with inbreds are only interested in attempting to combine them with other offers to get a CB metallic. But considering I've attempted the same with higher-value non-inbreds and failed entirely... it's hard to believe very many are doing so successfully. So if anyone could give me some hint as to what people have actually traded inbred regular metallics for (as opposed to what's been asked for them), I'd appreciate it very much indeed!

Few questions!

1. What is a PB 3rd even gen magma worth?

2. How many CB uncommon hatchies (sunsong/moonstone/dark myst pygmy) is a 2nd gen magma x shadow walker worth?

3. What is a 2nd gen stripe worth?

4. I'm starting a lineage project (will look like this) and someone is interested in a "full set" (one 2nd gen from each pairing, two 3rd gens, and a final 4th gen). What would be a reasonable price to ask for that? Is 8 BSA hatchies (that's what they offered) too many/few? What if I asked for a CB trio? I never trade stripes lol, especially not a full even gen set like this, so I have NO clue what to ask for it!

My question: I don't know how many can speak from experience, but - can anyone please tell me what multiple-times-inbred regular metallics are actually going for these days?

I've been trying and trying to trade for a few to complete my hatchling collection (<3 the silver and gold hatchies so much!), but I've actually had better luck with arranging trades for nicer silvers than for any of the inbreds I've attempted! It seems like people with inbreds are only interested in attempting to combine them with other offers to get a CB metallic. But considering I've attempted the same with higher-value non-inbreds and failed entirely... it's hard to believe very many are doing so successfully. So if anyone could give me some hint as to what people have actually traded inbred regular metallics for (as opposed to what's been asked for them), I'd appreciate it very much indeed!

For inbred metallics, any inbred metallics, I've gotten almost no trades at all and have stopped trying to breed them. When I had trade offers, it was for 1-3 hatchies (not CB) each, and more often than not I just had to FFA them to get rid of them.

There are [not always but sometimes] people who deliberately seek out messy metallics (inbred or otherwise) with the intent to freeze or breed-and-kill, knowing that messy and inbred metallics are cheap to get. I myself have done this, but the highest I ever offered for one was a stripe tinselfail egg.

On the one hand, I'm surprised that you've had so little success getting messy metallics for freezing. On the other hand, many of the people trying to combine them for CB metallic offers are likely very new to trading (since I've seen CB metallic catchers give away eggs after turning down such offers. You might do better to offer something up yourself and say you want messy freezing material rather than continue to chase after the ones already posted.

If that made any sense.

I assume a paper is good for a chicken since they're both considered uncommons.

@ ArynChris - thanks for the input! Mmm, yeah, with trading the way it can be sometimes, I can definitely understand people just not breeding as many from inbred metallic lines, because they're not expecting offers. The baffling, funny thing to me is that I've actually managed to trade for two inbred regular Golds, now, but still no luck on the two inbred Silvers I need.

I have actually tried both specifying in my own posts that I'm looking for inbred/messy regular metallics, and making offers on them when I see them, but neither's seemed very effective. And I am trying to make what I consider quite decent offers. (Don't recall exactly, but I've been trying with combinations of things like even-gen alt. Blacks, decently-lineaged Tinsels, nice-lineaged Black eggs/hatchlings, nice-lineaged even-gen Stripes, some BSA hatchlings, etc., and generally offering multiples for one inbred egg or hatchling.) I'm starting to wonder if it might be necessary to offer a ND for them - not that I have one - just to get people's attention. XP

(Heh, and this is one of the reasons I think having an in-cave trading/advertising system would be so useful. Because it does seem like there are a lot of cases where some people are specifically looking for something that seems oddly hard to get, and others are offering and offering and not getting any interest, yet the two never quite meet up... Seems like a searchable system would make things so much smoother!)

How valuable would a 7th EG thuwed/dorkface Autumn seasonal egg with 3 alt sweetlings and 10 of TJ's dragons in it's lineage be?

How valuable would a 7th EG thuwed/dorkface Autumn seasonal egg with 3 alt sweetlings and 10 of TJ's dragons in it's lineage be?

Pretty! It might be valuable to those who have an interest in the more famous lineages and even-gens, but it wouldn't be extremely sought-after by everyone. A potentially much bigger drawback is the fact that it appears to be inbred... which unfortunately tends to be a no-go for a lot of people in trading.

*faceplam* Well that sucks. I ran it through an inbred checker and it said that it WASN'T inbred. I ended up looking at it myself and yes it was. Talk about a fail tool. Well I'll take down my trade posts and fling it back to the ap. Thanks to saving me some time!

Edited by Valera

I'd like get trade fodder for a CB Stripe. Opinions? How many X would I generally need, replacing X with one of the three "valuables" I generally have access to?

- CB Vampires/hatchies

- CB Nebulas/hatchies

- BSA red hatchies

Also, any idea what a low-gen (2nd-4th) deadline tinsel goes for? I'm interested in potentially trading for one of those eventually.

Alternatemew: I can't speak for other players, but it really depends on what you like. I wouldn't trade a stripe for multiple vamps, simply because to me, a stripe is worth more. Someone who really likes vamps might trade a stripe for 3 - 4 of them (just saying a number, I don't really know). Personally, I would trade a CB stripe for...a few BSA hatchies + 2 CB nebulae, maybe? I dunno if that's too high or low lol, so anyone who trades them often should correct me if needed ^__^

How much is a CB Split worth nowadays?

It's classified rare by the rare trading thread. I got one today that I tried to trade. It took a couple hours for me to even get a little interest, but I ended up trading it for a male 2nd gen pb nebula hatchling.

I've been trying to trade a chicken egg (it currently has 3 days and 13 hours left so I have to do something pretty soon)

But I'm not quite sure what exactly its worth.

Is it worth a low gen silver?

Or maybe a trio?

Perhaps a CB red?

Thanks for reading

That depends - everyone has their own ideas of values. Some people are extremely lucky and have a ton of CB metals so they don't think that they are worth as much, while others would kill for one. The Honorable Mentions from the Tree Decorating Contest who picked a Holly are trying to trade them for, say, a CB metal, when people who catch them in the first place wouldn't even have dreamed of asking for one. It's all in the eye of the trader ;3

For me, I usually allow people to make their own offers on my trades. That way I don't have half of DC who can make the exchange easily but don't have to and the rest scrambling to do so.

Dragon393, do you have a Magi? By putting a trade link in your trade post people can offer whatever they feel like. I get more offers on my trade links than via PM so it's really useful.

Are regular golds and silvers inferior compared to tinsels?

For example, a second gen gold or silver... can either one be traded for a second gen tinsel?

Are regular golds and silvers inferior compared to tinsels?

For example, a second gen gold or silver... can either one be traded for a second gen tinsel?

They're becoming inferior. They aren't worth that much at all nowadays. They /may/ be worth a CB black or a messy holly promise, though. But not 2nd gen tinsels from most rare lines, no.

I think they are still superior to the tinsels. They're much rarer and harder to breed.

However, 2nd or 3rd gen tinsels from rare lines may be considered superior due to the limited number of CB Tinsels and their rare line offsprings.

But I won't trade a 2nd gen regular metallic for only one CB black - that is a bit ridiculous IMO.

Out of curiosity, would messy lined Tinsel hatchlings for freezing be worth much of anything?

For example, say I breed and hatch two Silver Tinsels. Would it be at all likely that I could get anything decent with these, or would you value them just the same as most any other hatchling? Even if the latter is so, what exactly can one ask for two hatchlings like this anyway? (for example, CB Pinks, CB Whites, Trios, Blacks, Stripes)

I hope it's okay if I repost my questions, since I didn't get any answers D: the last question is a priority right now.

1. How many CB uncommon hatchies (sunsong/moonstone/dark myst pygmy) is a 2nd gen magma x shadow walker worth?

2. How many CB sunsong/moonstone/dark myst pygmy hatchlings is a 2nd gen stripe worth?

3. I'm starting a lineage project (will look like this) and someone is interested in a "full set" (one 2nd gen from each pairing, two 3rd gens, and a final 4th gen). What would be a reasonable price to ask for that--7 total stripes? Is 8 BSA hatchies (that's what they offered) too many/few? What if I asked for a CB trio? I never trade stripes lol, especially not a full even gen set like this, so I have NO clue what to ask for it!

Edited by shadesofchaos