Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

How much is a 2nd-gen common from a spriter's alt worth? Does it depend a lot on which alt? 

18 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

How much is a 2nd-gen common from a spriter's alt worth? Does it depend a lot on which alt? 

Basically one of the most valuable things to many players... so ask for whatever and I'm sure somebody is willing to pay the price ;)

(theoretically some SAkins are more common than others depending on how new the breed is and what conditions the spriter has for trading them, e. g. some are requestable while others can only be obtained when the spriter offers them)

I haven't decide to do it, but if I want to trade a CB Blue Zyu what can I go for that isn't just another Zyu?

16 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

I haven't decide to do it, but if I want to trade a CB Blue Zyu what can I go for that isn't just another Zyu?

If you want to keep it open (or you don't have something specific in mind) I'd just go with "CB rare offers" or something and maybe include that you don't want Zyus. It always depends what other people are looking for and what you like (e.g. a Xeno or whatever). Rarer stuff (like Unbreedables and upwards) you'll usually only get if the other person is looking for exactly that Zyu desperately...

14 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

If you want to keep it open (or you don't have something specific in mind) I'd just go with "CB rare offers" or something and maybe include that you don't want Zyus. It always depends what other people are looking for and what you like (e.g. a Xeno or whatever). Rarer stuff (like Unbreedables and upwards) you'll usually only get if the other person is looking for exactly that Zyu desperately...

Thanks! I'm going to put it up and see what I will get. And if no one takes it, well... I just going to have another CB blue zyu. :D

Do people just not want Zyus and Magmas? I caught x2 CBs of each and not even an offer yet of an aeon or different zyu like I'm looking for.

20 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Do people just not want Zyus and Magmas? I caught x2 CBs of each and not even an offer yet of an aeon or different zyu like I'm looking for.

I think it depends on the Zyu type (and luck/timing of course). I've noticed that blacks seem to be more abundant and take longer to get offers, for instance. I see whites a lot less often in trading, so they may be a bit more uncommon. The others seem fairly even to me, though reds sometimes don't trade well for me.

40 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

CB Aeons seem to be hard to trade for lately, which I think might have something to do with one of the Arcana spriters trading SA babies for them. Magmas have always been fairly poor traders too, I like them a lot myself but the front on pose and their age seems to have made them worth less than Zyus and certainly Xenos / Coppers.

Oh, that's a shame. Maybe I'll be keeping the magmas then. Seems so weird that their market price is higher than a gold somehow but nobody is interested in them.

34 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Oh, that's a shame. Maybe I'll be keeping the magmas then. Seems so weird that their market price is higher than a gold somehow but nobody is interested in them.

I believe the reason they are priced so high in the Market is because of their ability to Summon. All Trios are priced (what seems to be) ridiculously high, despite their age and not-too-uncommon status. They are super-duper 'special' because of the Summon ability, so they are priced really high. (Let's see if that theory holds up if/when we get Zyumorphs in the Market, since they can 'summon' too...)

Are CB Coppers not worth anything anymore? All I'm trying to get is 2 female purple CB Dorsals (not even red ones!) for my sulfuric girl ... That's not overpriced, is it?

12 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Are CB Coppers not worth anything anymore? All I'm trying to get is 2 female purple CB Dorsals (not even red ones!) for my sulfuric girl ... That's not overpriced, is it?

Depends on the copper. Brown coppers have never seemed to be worth much, red coppers seem to depend on the person, and green coppers are pretty valuable to people who actually want them (but not valuable enough that most people who don't want them are willing to trade for them). People are also pretty unlikely to just happen to have two CB female-influenced purple dorsals at the drop of a hat, and if they do happen to have them, it's probably because they went through all the hoops of catching, influencing, and hatching those dragons for themselves. I'd say somebody would have to really want your copper to trade that time and effort, and most people just don't want coppers very much.

26 minutes ago, Sylph264 said:

People are also pretty unlikely to just happen to have two CB female-influenced purple dorsals at the drop of a hat

Considering that they are usually floating around on the AP (aka low-time), and considering that I specifically mentioned that I'd also accept not-yet-gendered hatchies if they could PM me proof of influence, I don't see *that* as the actual issue here. Must be the Copper colour then ...

9 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Considering that they are usually floating around on the AP (aka low-time), and considering that I specifically mentioned that I'd also accept not-yet-gendered hatchies if they could PM me proof of influence, I don't see *that* as the actual issue here. Must be the Copper colour then ...

I actually think Sylph has a point here. 2 purple Dorsal hatchies at the same time (even from the AP) isn't something many people will have lying around... and even if they do, their dragons might not be influenced because they just picked them up for having one more CB (= more unlikely that two of those are female). I'm just mentioning this because it's something I see very often from my bf who picks many of his CBs from the AP... if he doesn't need them to be a certain gender (for himself) he doesn't influence them.

Of course you are right as well, brown Coppers are always the least valuable and sought after... which could be problematic for you because player XYZ with 16 female purple Dorsals might simply not want your egg :o 

It's not even an EGG, it's already a HATCHLING.

Plus, you know, there's always PM. A while ago, any Copper would have gotten me several PMs by people telling me that they have the eggs and are in the process of hatching them. I'm just asking for the COMMON version of Dorsals, after all.

Gosh, I hate trading, it's so frustrating ...

edit 4 hours later: so of course, when I finally get a trade PM, it's about someone else's trade and just an accident :rolleyes:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Have cb golds taken a hit in value? Seems like just one cb gold is worth about 50% less then they used to be-thanks

35 minutes ago, pixiezbite said:

Have cb golds taken a hit in value? Seems like just one cb gold is worth about 50% less then they used to be-thanks

Depends... what value are we talking about? (because "used to be" could be anything)

Not a question sbout tradeing value, but about trading in general. I hope this is the right place to ask it.

I haven't been plaing in a while and am exploring the trading hub. Now I want to post my first trade, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where to post what I want.

Apparenlty there's a box, but I can't seem to find it...

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be extremely grateful.

28 minutes ago, angyal said:

Not a question sbout tradeing value, but about trading in general. I hope this is the right place to ask it.

I haven't been plaing in a while and am exploring the trading hub. Now I want to post my first trade, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where to post what I want.

You first need to select the "public trade" option, and you need to make sure that scripts from dragcave.net and dcave.net are permitted by your browser.

31 minutes ago, angyal said:

Pick public trade and then a message will show up where you can write what you want.

edit: ah, got ninja'd. :lol:

Edited by Lady Dragoon

I'm hoping to get a cb aeon egg, and upon coming across some rarer eggs I'm trying to determine what it takes to get a CB Aeon. Would someone likely trade a CB Aeon egg for a CB dino egg, for example? Aeons are uncommon, but people seem to really covet them.

15 minutes ago, 0wolfmoon0 said:

I'm hoping to get a cb aeon egg, and upon coming across some rarer eggs I'm trying to determine what it takes to get a CB Aeon. Would someone likely trade a CB Aeon egg for a CB dino egg, for example? Aeons are uncommon, but people seem to really covet them.

Uncommon is a very broad term. It basically ranges from everything that's not so common it's blocking the cave with every drop to not really a rare but you still might have to hunt for it for hours to find one... I'd personally count Aeons to the latter :o (and they have a really useful BSA which makes them even more sought after)

That being said, Unbreedables (Dinos / Cheese / Paper / Chicken) are definitely rare(r) - even though some people are sometimes lucky and get several of them in a short time span - and thus are technically more valuable than "just an Aeon". Of course, it all depends on what sb is looking for. Many of us trade CB rares for certain (more un/common) hatchies as an example... simply because it's convenient and maybe we have enough of this specific rare already.

If you want to get your hands on a CB Aeon, you have the option

* to stay in Alpine / Forest biome and just refresh at every drop OR

* get one from the market OR

* maybe hunt for Xenos / Zyus / other rares you have more luck with and trade for one (this doesn't always work - personal experience - so don't be discouraged)

tl, dr: I'd say a Dino is worth more than one CB Aeon but it's all a question of supply and demand. :unsure:

On 12/2/2018 at 9:36 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

You first need to select the "public trade" option, and you need to make sure that scripts from dragcave.net and dcave.net are permitted by your browser.

On 12/2/2018 at 9:37 PM, Lady Dragoon said:

Pick public trade and then a message will show up where you can write what you want.

edit: ah, got ninja'd. :lol:

Thank you to both of you. Apparently, my Chrome settings don't allow the box to pop up.

Vhanged to Edge and there it was ::)

General question: Are Dinos sought after or not really? And what can be expected as offers?

Edited by MiaLily