Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What is a CB Gemshard worth? It seems like they're worth more than I thought so I'm not really sure. 

7 hours ago, Rememberdrgns said:

And what is this worth? Will gender female.

Worth another CB Xenowyrm or another 2G holidaykin, especially if a person is looking for one. Else, they're still worth 2 or more CB hatchlings; it's a Xenowyrm, after all XD

1 hour ago, aqub said:

What is a CB Gemshard worth? It seems like they're worth more than I thought so I'm not really sure. 

They actually vary, usually people want the hatchlings more because of their unknown colors of 3 (way harder than Nebulas, which has 2 for male, 2 for female). Either a CB Semi-Rare (Ice, Magma, Thunder, Floret, anything people think they're semi-Rare), or CB hatchlings, maybe.

I've seen very little trades on codes, best are almost-great word codes or 3-letter names. Now here I've got a lovely Pipio, which idk what its breed has to do with its code, but it's a 5-letter word code (with almost perfect capitalisation >.< )

If you have met a code collector, what would this be worth? Of course, it's cute, so am not going easy trades for this one ❤️

1 hour ago, aqub said:

Usually I see people looking for colour / gender swaps on those but you could get lucky and grab a random Xeno, Trio or something if sb really wants the colour you have (never happens to me though).

Eggs are worth less because of the way the colours work (-> if you are looking e. g. for a blue female, an egg is such a low chance to get exactly this combination that I personally wouldn't bother).

Edited by Soulsborne

7 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

I've seen very little trades on codes, best are almost-great word codes or 3-letter names. Now here I've got a lovely Pipio, which idk what its breed has to do with its code, but it's a 5-letter word code (with almost perfect capitalisation >.< )

If you have met a code collector, what would this be worth? Of course, it's cute, so am not going easy trades for this one ❤️

Just put it up in the trade hub and the oddball thread here and ask for cb rares or good offers (or whatever you want). 4 or 5 letter codes can bring you nice offers if you let them sit for a while (probably not a cb gold or sth this rare).

You might want to mention "word code" somewhere in the describtion so that collectors can find it in the hub by looking for "word" (has helped me before).

Ahh I see, thanks @Soulsborne!

The reason I didn't put it in the Trading thread is because I do want to keep it but wanted to give others a chance. (I don't believe in the Gold's rarity anymore, just very skilled hunters at work. Right now I can't even get a Dino again XD)

I've made up my mind that 5-letter codes are much rarer than Gold eggs, guess I'll keep this one with my ClamS buddy :3

Thanks! @Soulsborne @BlueLatios It is true that gemshards' colors make them weird and sometimes frustrating, lol. I was really only hoping to get a seasonal, hopefully that's possible with just the egg. 

That is a REALLY good code, most collections are of 3-4 letter words not the whole 5. I agree with you that its probably pretty rare. 

What's a fair price for a CB Tan Ridgewing, CB Yellow Zyumorph, and CB Almandine (as separate trades)? I need one of each but I'm not sure what to offer in return. Is a 3G Prize enough?

Edit: and what about CB Green Coppers? I just realized that I need one of those too. Maybe 2 3G Prizes? I can't anything decent, so I really don't know.

Edited by The Dragoness

6 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

What's a fair price for a CB Tan Ridgewing, CB Yellow Zyumorph, and CB Almandine (as separate trades)? I need one of each but I'm not sure what to offer in return. Is a 3G Prize enough?

My personal opinion (!) and observations would put a tan ridgewing / almandine at a lower value than e. g. a CB xeno / zyu and those are worth less than unbreedables and CB metals. [depending on the line and your trading partner a 3G prize should be rated somewhere between ~ zyu and (maybe slightly above) unbreedables / CB copper]

Especially tan ridgies get offered to me so often when I'm not asking for those (I don't need more right know) but maybe it's not that great right now because of the recent release.

You could simply post your 3G on the hub and ask for those or similar offers.

People often ask for stuff on there that they won't realistically get for sth like a tan ridgie or almandine (almost everybody I see seems to think they people will just throw CB metals at them).

Hope my thoughts on this didn't come out too confusing 😕

4 hours ago, Soulsborne said:

My personal opinion (!) and observations would put a tan ridgewing / almandine at a lower value than e. g. a CB xeno / zyu and those are worth less than unbreedables and CB metals. [depending on the line and your trading partner a 3G prize should be rated somewhere between ~ 

People often ask for stuff on there that they won't realistically get for sth like a tan ridgie or almandine (almost everybody I see seems to think they people will just throw CB metals at them).

Meanwhile in a parallel universe: someone trades a Dino egg for any 4 low-time hatchlings XD

(Ok back to the discussion)

Adding to Soulsborne's opinion, there is a somewhat fair exception, out of all biomes, Jungle is usually the hardest for Xenowyrms and Zyumorphs. Where other biomes have simply 1 or 2 unique Rares (say, Coast has Blusangs, Volcano has Magmas), Jungle has Dinos. All 5 colors are in Jungle, and it would take effort to get all 5. Consequently, other Rares that are there might probably be grabbed as well, this is my hypothesis for why people would trade great stuff for Gaia Xenowyrm, or for a Yellow (Jungle) Zyumorph. You can try 3G prizes, other people may still see them as Zyumorphs, and would put their rarity below Unbreedables.

What are second gen prizes worth these days?  What are second gen prize fails worth?  

If fails as in gender or color-fail, maybe not that much. Prize or not, it's still a Prizekin, and people would want things I will never be able to achieve personally because they're too hard for me. So offer literally anything you want, including NDs, multiple CB Golds, etc. (Because honestly, most prize owners focus 2G Prize swaps for lineage-building first, that's why besides from 2G SA or 2G prizeswap, they put in anything. Or IOU of multiple CB Metals or hundreds of CB something, based on my observations)

Edited by BlueLatios
Misleading sentences

14 hours ago, osean said:

What are second gen prizes worth these days?  What are second gen prize fails worth?  

13 hours ago, BlueLatios said:

If fails as in gender or color-fail, maybe not that much. Prize or not, it's still a Prizekin, and people would want things I will never be able to achieve personally because they're too hard for me. So offer literally anything you want, including NDs, multiple CB Golds, etc. (Because honestly, most prize owners focus 2G Prize swaps for lineage-building first, that's why besides from 2G SA or 2G prizeswap, they put in anything. Or IOU of multiple CB Metals or hundreds of CB something, based on my observations)

Osean most likely means 2G prizes and prizekins judging by the fact that they are one of the new raffle winners :)

2G prizes are basically worth whatever you ask for them on a trade (though you might have trouble if you are asking for much more than other CB prize owners). Most often they are offered for a Neglected, 2G spriter's alt, 2G prize swap or 1-3 CB metals (depending on which metal - gold > silver >>> copper, e. g. 1 CB gold + 1 CB silver is something kinda common, 1 CB gold + X, or 2 CB silvers + X).

Some people also trade them for IOUs of a greater quantity of CB hatchies (e. g. BSAs) or 2G holidaykins.

2G prizekins are also quite sought after because of checkers ❤️ I'd consider them to be kinda like a rare that can't be CB (so, not super likely to bring a CB gold or silver - exceptions may apply - but can might get you 1 or more other CB rares OR 2G prizekin swaps OR prize checkers of gen 3 or higher).

Hope that helps you :)

Edited by Soulsborne

12 hours ago, Soulsborne said:

Osean most likely means 2G prizes and prizekins judging by the fact that they are one of the new raffle winners :)

2G prizes are basically worth whatever you ask for them on a trade (though you might have trouble if you are asking for much more than other CB prize owners). Most often they are offered for a Neglected, 2G spriter's alt, 2G prize swap or 1-3 CB metals (depending on which metal - gold > silver >>> copper, e. g. 1 CB gold + 1 CB silver is something kinda common, 1 CB gold + X, or 2 CB silvers + X).

Some people also trade them for IOUs of a greater quantity of CB hatchies (e. g. BSAs) or 2G holidaykins.

2G prizekins are also quite sought after because of checkers ❤️ I'd consider them to be kinda like a rare that can't be CB (so, not super likely to bring a CB gold or silver - exceptions may apply - but can might get you 1 or more other CB rares OR 2G prizekin swaps OR prize checkers of gen 3 or higher).

Hope that helps you :)

That helped a lot!  Thank you!  Hopefully I can finally get that second cb gold as it took me 9 years and 2 months to catch my one and only cb gold.

What are chickens worth? 

I just finally traded for my first chicken (member since 2011), SUPER cheap, some 3g prizechecker. There's no way that's the real cost because I can't ever get an accept on a chicken!

2 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

What are chickens worth? 

I'd offer a chicken for 4 random hatchlings XD

They're in par with other Unbreedables, probably equal the value of a Dino egg. Maybe the 3G Prize checker looks great, I'd definitely trade my Chicken for that :v

1 hour ago, Kurokosworth said:

What are cb aeons and coppers worth now? Went on a hiatus for a little while and just coming back

They're still worth good trade, as good as Rares. Idk about them though, but definitely worth as rare as Dino eggs. 4 CB hatchlings for one might appeal, maybe?

6 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

What are chickens worth? 

I just finally traded for my first chicken (member since 2011), SUPER cheap, some 3g prizechecker. There's no way that's the real cost because I can't ever get an accept on a chicken!

I don't really care for chickens (I have 1 and that's enough so far) but I'd rank them between the different dino colours (which range a bit in rarity) if I had to. [~ maybe 2-3 CB rares - not counting silver/gold/other unbreedables]

Also, I think, prizecheckers are super inhomogeneous in value because not all people collect them but even if the person does, it depends on the individual checker how much value they have for them...

e. g. if I already have an unrelated 3G to your checker then I'd be much more interested because it would mean I could breed them together (and save me time / effort instead building it myself). Another checker might mean far less to me because it is "just" pretty but I won't be able to continue it for a long time.

Edited by Soulsborne
typo

5 hours ago, Kurokosworth said:

What are cb aeons and coppers worth now? Went on a hiatus for a little while and just coming back

Aeons are always wanted because of their BSA but they're not suuuper rare, maybe on par with the more common Xenos (Pyro, Mageia?).

CB coppers range widely depending on their colour with usually (!) green >>> red > brown.

Brown might be similar to Aeon or maybe slightly above/below (everybody is different and this is just my opinion). Reds I've seen traded for things like cheese or paper before but that might not always be the case. Green is hard to rate because sometimes everybody and their mother is looking for one and they seem almost as rare as CB silvers and another time they're "just" worth a few CB rares (like 2-3 xenos or something similar).

Hope this helped :)

I need CB Baikalas and have little patience. 😅 What would be an appropriate offer for one? Anything breedable maybe because otherwise I could just stalk the cave for Baikalas instead of the trade fodder? 

19 minutes ago, blah said:

I need CB Baikalas and have little patience. 😅 What would be an appropriate offer for one? Anything breedable maybe because otherwise I could just stalk the cave for Baikalas instead of the trade fodder? 

Well, breedable stuff is very individual in value to the people out there. Some might like low gen prizes (maybe 3G or 4G) or maybe nice checkers or purebred and already hatched BSA stuff (gendered pinks, any reds, aeons should work) but in any case you'd have to have luck that sb with a Baikala is looking for / interested in your bred offer.

I'd personally just hunt the Baikala itself as I see them quite often and they're usually around for some time because most people don't go for them immediately (they are just not thaaaat useful because they're two-headed and many people prefer regular dragons). :) If you go for this route just stay in the biome (e. g. coast) and refresh every 5-minute mark. You should see one at least once an hour (OR they're just haunting me 😮 ).

Edited by Soulsborne
forgot how to grammar :(

17 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

Well, breedable stuff is very individual in value to the people out there. Some might like low gen prizes (maybe 3G or 4G) or maybe nice checkers or purebred and already hatched BSA stuff (gendered pinks, any reds, aeons should work) but in any case you'd have to have luck that sb with a Baikala is looking for / interested in your bred offer.

I'd personally just hunt the Baikala itself as I see them quite often and they're usually around for some time because most people don't go for them immediately (they are just not thaaaat useful because they're two-headed and many people prefer regular dragons). :) If you go for this route just stay in the biome (e. g. coast) and refresh every 5-minute mark. You should see one at least once an hour (OR they're just haunting me 😮 ).

Thank you, I was afraid this would be the answer. 😅 I have a feeling that the coast won't be that much of a problem but I am dreading the green ones...

On 10/11/2018 at 4:40 PM, blockEdragon said:

Just curious for next Christmas but how much do you guys think a 3g female holly X gold stair-step originating from a female holly would be worth?

Lineage link in case you need more info

I would guess that you could still get something nice for it, like a CB Copper, if you find the right person. I think that most people are more concerned about getting 2G Hollies than 2G female Hollies, and that's much easier now that so many players have CB Hollies. Stairsteps are also typically less popular than checkers for some reason, especially with Holidays.

13 minutes ago, Lazurite said:

Could anybody please tell me what a CB Black Truffle is worthy of now? Thanks!

Not much. They're only 100 shards in the Market right now. Maybe another CB common (Black Tea, Monarch, Leodon, etc.)? Or a BSA hatchling?

55 minutes ago, Lazurite said:

Could anybody please tell me what a CB Black Truffle is worthy of now? Thanks!

Honestly, as much as all other commons: not much unless is looking for them specifically. (Wouldn't go as far as a BSA hatchie - it's kinda hard to get CB or PB reds/pinks even if you offer something rare and CB - especially now in preparation for Halloween)

I'd only grab them if I needed them myself 😕