Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

user posted image

What can be traded for this hachie?

Some people would be willing to give a CB Gold or CB Silver or CB Neglected for that. Others would simply be willing to give a CB Black for that (recently read about how a person had a CB Black up for trade, and received two offers of a Sitting Alt Black).

As such, if I were you, I'd first try to ask for a CB Metal when you put a Sitting Black Alt up for trade - you can always set your sights a bit lower later on. smile.gif

After seeing the difficulty in catching Marrows and Pumpkins at Halloween, I'm still not sure that Holly eggs are going to be noticeably easier this year. I suspect that it will be very similar -- there's a smaller breeding pool than for Marrows and Pumpkins, but at the same time, the people on faster connections can't load up on 7 of them either.

So, Holly promises are probably worth the most to people with a slower connection or slower reflexes.

I believe the worth of a dragon is actually the worth the user gives to it. Ofcourse the rarity in whole contributes to it

but:

A CB vine might be of more worth to someone than a CB striped is

therefore, we can only argue what is more worth if we look at them from the Common Uncommon Rare Ultra Rare view

If we had stats of how common eggs dropped

i propose making a sorted list with dragon rarity

Wondering what a CB Vampire is usually worth...

value is in the eye of the beholder. For someone who has tons of vampires.. they probably won't ask very much in trade for one. Someone with only 1-2 vampires may think their egg is extremely precious/valuable.

Supply and demand also play a role in 'perceived value'

I've gone through periods where I couldn't even GIVE AWAY vampire eggs becuase the supply far exceeded the demand for them at the time. And there have been times when I have traded vampire eggs for CB blacks because vampires became very scarce.

Right now a nice vampire is worth more than they have been in the past due to more demand and less ready supply.

If we had stats of how common eggs dropped

i propose making a sorted list with dragon rarity

That list would be worthless... ratios change constantly. popularity among the players changes constantly. perceived value greatly varies from person to person.

CB Vines only became popular recently because some of the CB prize dragon owners bred their CB tinsels to CB vines. People who are picky about lineages and wanted to keep the 2-breed lines intact therefore need CB vines to do that.

Edited by WraithZephyr

How uncommon are CB Ember eggs at the moment? Are they fairly easy to catch? (I just came back a few days ago, I haven't seen any in-cave)

I just traded for one, but knowing my luck the influence won't stick and it'll misgender xd.png If I have to trade for another one, what's a reasonable offer?

What would you say is a reasonable offer for each trio egg? CB, I vastly prefer CB eggs.

What would you say is a reasonable offer for each trio egg? CB, I vastly prefer CB eggs.

depends on who needs them more.. the person with them and trying to trade them off or the person offering for them. By now most of the good cave hunters have their fill of the trios so they may be willing to trade them off for much less. Someone who is only learning how to catch them and/or has very few of them - to them they seem more valuable as it's probably their first so called "rare" they've caught (even though trios are supposed to be classified as uncommon). While they may have few of them and probably want to keep it for themselves, they probably have just as much of a desire to try to trade up for something even rarer.

I have enough trios for the moment so don't have to be picky on what I might want to get for one if I had one available to trade.. maybe a couple of hatchlings such as common cbs that I don't want to have to take the time to catch and then hatch myself as I'd rather save my egg space for more pressing projects. For someone who doesn't have any trios yet.. catching / hatching a couple of common cbs to get a trio they don't have (or don't have many of) might seem like a wonderful deal to someone.

How uncommon are CB Ember eggs at the moment? Are they fairly easy to catch? (I just came back a few days ago, I haven't seen any in-cave)

I just traded for one, but knowing my luck the influence won't stick and it'll misgender XD If I have to trade for another one, what's a reasonable offer?

CB Ember, huh? If you're just trading for another of the opposite gender, there's a thread in Trading where you can do that.

Now, what would I give for a CB Ember? Up until I got my own, I was offering all sorts of odd things for one. Seems to me that a CB Ember has about the value of a somewhat uncommon egg. I bet you could get a geode or a bluna for that. Maybe better, depending on the person. :D

Of course, I offered up in a trading thread a CB Sunset (back as an egg and now that it's hatched) for a 2nd-gen Geode from Stone parents, and I don't have a single offer. Maybe I'm just being too picky. XD

I just caught this guy off the ap.

I have some basic knowledge about judging lineages, like messy is bad, inbred is bad, even gen is good. However I don't know how to judge this one. It has 5 frills in it and it's 6th gen thuwed even if the name wasn't carried very well.

Do you think this egg is good enough to trade for a cb pink or should I just throw it back to the AP?

^ I'd call that one a collector's item. It's definitely good for an alt bingo at least. I'd recommend, if you really need the egg spot, then toss it. If you aren't in a hurry, hatch it, see if it alts. If it doesn't, you get a nice Thuwed black. If it does, you get an alt thuwed black, which is much rarer. ^.^

Personally, I think it won't be good in a trade until it hatches, I think. The messy lineage, despite it being Thuwed, is a bit of a factor >.< It's a black egg though, so kudos, you can ask for random offers. I don't think you'll get a cb pink out of it though.

Edited by Ice_SW

Thanks for the info. Well I'm going to toss it. I really need that cb pink so I will have at least a few pinks for Xmas.

Edited by Valera

Ah, a place for my rambly DC Market Theory Applications!

1) The market value of an item is set by what someone is willing to pay for it in combination with what someone's willing to part with it for.

2) This is a collecting game. People want things on here for very few reasons; they want to amass trading power, they want to "complete" their scroll, or they want to achieve a personal goal involving something of no value to anyone else. The things with future trading power that have the potential to complete a scroll and fulfill a personal objective are the things of highest value in DC. Dragons that only fulfill two of the three objectives are worth less, and the ones that fulfill a single one are worth the least.

3) The rarity of a dragon only comes into play as a side factor. Ultimately, this is an open market and people-driven. There is a large lag between rarity changes and market value changes, and fluctuation based on event timings that have nothing to do with rarity at all.

4) Since DC transactions are all barter/trades, a member looking to trade an extremely desirable dragon, in having to look for someone with an item that they perceive is similarly desirable, is at a disadvantage. As value increases on a dragon, it gets more difficult to actually find an equivalent trade, not less so.

5) Similarly, the more valuable dragons a member has, the less value each holds. Not just to them, but in actual market value.

For example, say someone already has two Hollies and would like to trade their eggs. In their estimation, a value of 3 CB metals each. They need two people who are willing to trade 3 CB metals with them.

Unfortunately, finding two separate people who can supply 3 CB metals is rather difficult. They'd also have to find 2 such people who do not already have Hollies themselves and are interested in trading their CB metals away. So the value of their Holly eggs depreciates to what they can get for them.

Now say that someone only has one Holly. Just as their desire to keep it comes into play, so does the fact that is that much easier to only find a single person who can and will supply the 3 CB metal price. In their case, if they can't get their "value" for their egg, they will merely keep it.

Lastly, take the person with no adult Hollies who catches one egg in the AP. The desire to keep it is strong enough that only trade values beyond that of the Holly egg from someone else will suffice. Since the likelihood of having such at a time when catching Holly eggs is most probable is negligible, these Holly eggs will almost never make it to market.

To tally up the practical scenarios: two eggs of depreciated value, one of equivalent value, and one of increased value.

From the point of view of someone trying to get a Holly; if you can supply the current value of a Holly egg as set by someone with only one, you have a vary good chance of getting one if you can engage in a dialogue with a potential trade partner.

If you can't supply the equivalent value, engaging in a dialogue with a potential Holly supplier does not give you an advantage.

Personally, I've traded rare eggs for 4-5 hatchlings before. I've traded CB vines and stripes, CB trios, unbreedables, and some tinsels for red/moonstone/sunsong hatchlings lately because it's easier to find/breed and trade one egg for multiple hatchlings than to raise those hatchlings on my own and miss out on multiple rare eggs.

What do you think is a fair offer for a 4th gen or lower tinsel egg?

What's the equivalent to a CB trio?

I have seen as of lately, a lot of people ask for CB golds, CB silvers, CB Neglecteds and 2nd Gen tinsels for things like a CB stripe, a CB black or a lineaged silver... Are those breeds REALLY worth that?

EDIT: Sorry, meant they want a CB Neglected for a CB black

Edited by Shirubia

Thanks for the info. Well I'm going to toss it. I really need that cb pink so I will have at least a few pinks for Xmas.

You probably won't need any pinks for Christmas, or Valentine's Day for that matter.

With the exception of Hollies, the Christmas and Valentine's Day breeds each only gender one way. Yulebucks and Sweetlings are always male. Snow Angels, Ribbon Dancers, Valentine 2009's, and Rosebuds are always female. No influencing necessary smile.gif

Neglected are THE rarest breed. Most attempts to make them fail and lots of the ones that yield a neglected egg end up dying anyway. I think I have only seen.....one neglected in a hatchery since I joined.

I have seen as of lately, a lot of people ask for CB golds, CB silvers, CB Neglecteds and 2nd Gen tinsels for things like a CB stripe, a CB black or a lineaged silver... Are those breeds REALLY worth that?

No. These people are asking too much for their CB blacks, CB stripes, etc. Either they do not understand the market value of a CB ND, or they want to keep their black/stripe/etc. but are willing to trade it away for a spectacular offer. Unless someone is feeling extremely generous, these people are not going to get the trade they're asking for.

Anyone with a CB ND to trade (or CB metallic, etc) knows that they can get multiple CB blacks/stripes and so on with ease. It is extremely unlikely that they will take such a low-value trade, even if they desperately need a CB stripe or something for a lineage project or IOU.

What would a curled alt black be worth nowadays?

(I haven't seen one for a while.)