calligogo123

gas station bathrooms

I've had horrible experiences with these. The worst though....the worst would definitly be when I ran into a gas station that only had one bathroom. The lock on the door was broken, but I seriously had to go. I was alone, and nobody else was in the store except the clerks so I thought I would run in, go, and rush out. Except I was on the toilet when an old woman opened the door to go. I guess she had just entered the store. It was so embarrassing. Luckily, it was in a totally different state, more than 100 miles away, and I don't have to deal with that coming up ever again. @.@

One thing I hate about gas bathrooms is when you walk into the wrong one ha. Also the smell in some are terrible!

I've seen a few really clean bathrooms, while others... not so much. I still remember one particular gas station bathroom where every single toilet bowl was stained yellow on the inside.

Also, while working at a library around a year ago, I once went to the public bathroom to blow my nose (I sneeze really easily) and then smelled something nasty. Looking at the toilet bowl, I realized what had happened... the old lady who had been there before me had clogged the toilet with her poop. My co-workers had to chop the turd up with a knife before it went down. ._.;

...I've also caused quite an amusing moment in a gas station bathroom. I was a little kid back then, and decided to wash my clothes in the sink. xd.png (That is the least comical thing I've done. ...My mom told me I'd once made several tables and waiters at a restaurant laugh their butts off - I was a small girl of around 3 or 4, and had waltzed into the room without any clothes on. Turns out I had been swimming in the ball pit. "But it's dumb to swim with your clothes on!")

Edited by Beldarius

I think it really just depends on the location and the establishment itself. I stopped at a gas station bathroom once and they kept it locked. When I went it, it was one of the cleanest bathrooms I've ever been in...ever. It was fantastically clean, as was the rest of the store. Sometimes fast food places (like McDonald's!) have the most disgusting bathrooms. mellow.gif

One time the most disgusting and horrible thing happened. There was a really... Chunky guy (he was fat but let's be nice here) in the stall when I went into a gas station bathroom. He dropped the duce hard and then flushed. The crap overflowed the toilet and went all over the floor, thankfully no where near me. Not very thankfully, I barfed all over the crap. That's how disgusting it was. Blah. Worst experience of my life. Glad that's over.

I've seen the best and I've seen the worst. One place had no back to the toilet, water overflowing everywhere, unflushable but eternal water running, unuseable sink, never cleaned walls and missing toilet paper and soap, unlockable door to the outside world. On the other hand, the valero near me shows a checklist that the bathroom is checked and cleaned every two hours and I believe it. On more than one cold day I've gone to huddle in there because they keep it toasty and just locked myself in and enjoyed it for five or ten minutes.

Edited by MinervaClay

It depends on the bathroom. Most; I won't go into, others, I will go into if I am on a long trip only. As a general rule of thumb I don't use them.

Gas station bathrooms run the gamut from great to Get me out of here fast. When you slide on the floor as you enter and it stinks to high heavens you know you are better off going in the woods or just behind the station with a lookout posted. No paper non flushed toilets and toilets which overflowed rather than flushed. YUCK!

My family and I travel every summer to our summer place... We stop at a lot of gas stations along the way. We also drive down south (a 900+ mile journey) to visit my grandparents once every few years. I've seen a lot of gas stations, and for the most part they have been all right. No worse than, say, Walmart bathrooms.

But I have seen a few really disgusting ones, ones that have made me decide to simply wait until the next stop. o.o

About a month ago, our pipes completely froze in our house making the Toliets unusable for about three days. So, we had to use public restrooms. I, thankfully, don't have any horror stories. But I learned what stores had the best bathrooms. XD

Edited by MysticTiger

Last year while driving to a resort, we stopped (because my step mom is one of those annoying high maintenance people that feels like she needs to go every 30-1 hour) at a gas station. It looked decent. There were two bathrooms. She used one, and had no complaints. I went in the other and as soon as I walked in, I covered my nose and nearly fainted. Won't go into descriptions but I ended up walking out, and into the woods area and went there. I chose nature's bathroom over the gas station one. Sorry but I refused to let my skin touch anything in that bathroom, even the toilet paper.

One of the worst bathrooms that I've ever been in happened about three years ago on a road trip. I won't go too far into detail, but the trash was filled with women's monthly gifts, the toilet was filled with toilet paper and looked more like a bowl of brown mud than water and the toilet paper was covered with brown finger marks. The floor was unbearably sticky and slippery in the one area where what was left of the liquid soap was leaking.

I said screw it and went into the men's bathroom. It wasn't a total 180, but it was much better.

Edited by Syiren

I try to avoid most gas station bathrooms. People are nasty. dry.gif I'll go take a pee in the woods before I use a public bathroom. I avoid them like the plague unless there's just no other option and I'm facing an emergency.

And I'd like to slap the censorkip.gif out of every female that leaves her disgusting used tampons out in the open or on the floor. Disgusting cows. mad.gif

When I was in high school I walked inside a bathroom stall and found a used flat pad on the floor. Good gosh that was disgusting. If I walk into a stall and something is in the toilet, man I'll back myself right on out of that stall and look for another one.

Well... I'm pretty picky. The bigger gas stations over here are usually nice and clean in all spots so I have no problem with that. Same with supermarkets and restaurants. However if I walk in a rather ugly restroom - IT'S OKAY I CAN WAIT ANOTHER COUPLE OF HOURS. Though I haven't seen anything as terrible as you guys describe, just a little more filth than I'm able to tolerate.

I try to avoid most gas station bathrooms. People are nasty. dry.gif I'll go take a pee in the woods before I use a public bathroom. I avoid them like the plague unless there's just no other option and I'm facing an emergency.

And I'd like to slap the censorkip.gif out of every female that leaves her disgusting used tampons out in the open or on the floor. Disgusting cows. mad.gif

Ditto. The quality of public washrooms is starting to make me question humanity's ability to do their business without a large amount ending on he seat and flush.

If I ever were to own a gas station or restaurant or any other such establishment, sure I would try to have good customer service and decent-quality products, but my number one priority would be cleanliness, ESPECIALLY in the bathrooms.

Thankfully I haven't had too many horror stories with bathrooms. I've encountered numerous clogged toilets before at school and some at work places, though thankfully those are dealt with rather quickly during the next cleaning session.

As for a truly horrifying bathroom experience, there's this awesome creepy story read by MrCreepyPasta

. A warning though, it's very detailed and is a scary story in general, so I wouldn't listen to it if you're incredibly squeamish or scared easily.

I'm afraid I'll catch herpes just thinking about the one I've been to last.

But when a man's gotta go, a man's gotta go.