calligogo123

gas station bathrooms

i went to a gas station bathroom saw a sign the said"beware of rats" and ran outta there.

WHAT?! huh.gif

The public bathrooms at my school are cesspools for bratty people attempting to skip class. And if I do go in there with them, they'll be listening as I do... my business , and laughing. And of course, story time so they can be more socially acceptable and all of that censorkip.gif.

@Durppie: Oh, eww!

Back on topic: I forgot to mention this one. My family and I were heading to a friend's house in CA, and we stopped to get something to eat. I figured I might as well go use the bathroom now. But when I walked over there...very bad smell. (They were portapotties.) I opened the door to one and the toilet looked filled, smelled beyond bad and dear god it was messy.

I didn't go. I waited until we got to the destination.

I've also been to a camp with my girl scout troop and in our cabin once someone forgot to flush the toilet. God it smelled so bad that I didn't use it until someone had flushed it.

Good god, do people always leave messes, or what? blink.gif

~Cavey

Ugh.

Well, in Hong Kong, some public gas station bathrooms are the squat kind, and... it's gross.

Ugh! Gas station bathrooms are so disgusting... I had a bad time once when I went to a women's bathroom at a gas station. The toilets were already filled when I walked in there, and it was so gross! I ended up just running out of there.

The worst bathroom I can now say I've been to was last week. I feel bad for saying this, but it was just gross. There was really disturbing stuff written on the walls, and the toilet paper roll holder was broken. The floors were covered in...well, um, there was tons of stuff. And I went in with some friends so we had to pass off this roll of toilet paper we got.

Err...these aren't gas station bathrooms but I think they should be counted as them.

Airplane toilets. Need I say more? Gross, ew, yuck, bleah. That's all I will say.

~Cavey

I once worked at a Standard station in Lakewood, CA a few years ago (OK,OK- it was in 1969 rolleyes.gif ) that was next to a carwash. One day I was cleaning the bathrooms and had placed a small cup with about an inch of Pine-Sol in the bottom to try and dispell the odors somewhat. I had left the restroom for a few minutes to wait on a customer and came back after about 10 minutes. I had seen this old guy (yeah, now I am one) go in and come back out and when I went in I found the cup in the trash. I picked it up and it stil had a residue of Pine-Sol and whisky. The guy had added his whisky to the Pine-Sol and drank that... blink.gif

I've been to some public bathrooms that look like something out of Silent Hill...

You should have seen some of the ones I used in the 50's...

But, as the saying goes, any port in a storm... lol

My Schools. Ugh, My Schools.

ESPECIALLY the First Floor Boys Room.

The toilets are so full of urine and excrement that they don't flush. People rubbing their censorkip.gif all over the walls to say naughty words. Vomit in the barrels. Blood on the floors. Pools of urine all over. The worst I would say, is when you go to wash your hands and realize that the handle is covered in brown paste AFTER you touch it. And no water or soap is available. blink.gif

user posted image

THAT IS SO GROSS.

Anyway I don't use public restrooms unless I'm on a road trip. I was in the bathroom at my old school, this girl walks in on me peeing, and then she's like ohshhh and slammed the door.

You know what...WHY DO THEY CUT THE BOTTOM OF THE STALLS SO HIGH. A LITTLE PRIVACY PLEASE.

The only kind of public restrooms I like are the small, single ones. They're like...like a clean little cubicle. That's it.

Gas station restrooms can be pretty bad, but I think the worst I've ever expirienced were the restrooms at my elementary school. In each grade there were four huge classes sharing one restroom. At one point the boy's restroom flooded and there were about three inches of water in all of the classrooms connected to it.

I've done a lot of travelling and have seen some pretty bad toilets over the years. My sister is terrible and needs to go every time we pass a toilet, but I have mastered the ability to hold on until we get somewhere clean, like home or a hotel room. I don't even go into public toilets. xd.png

My school toilets were nice though. I went to a small primary school (total of 50 kids) and the toilets were always clean, and then my high school was a private school with excellent cleaning staff and really nice toilets.

I do remember a particularly funny public toilet experience from a few years ago. The stall walls and door only came up to people's middles. It was extremely embarrasing and pretty funny, as you can imagine when you're practically sitting there next to a stranger on the loo. xd.png

I went to an M&S petrol station bathroom and it was clean and lovely ...but with birdsong on the loud speakers. It was surreal not least because Amy's Choice was a recent Dr Who episode.

Also condoms in dispensers isn't a huge deal they are in the ladies bathrooms too.

I try to avoid them much as possible mainly due to the racid smell moment you step inside. These are the known name stations too might I add, but unless its one of the fancier ones like...now I can't remember the name. But it is more than a gas station as it contains a bakery inside and their room are inside tend to me more sanitized.

On the free way will not stop unless hit the rest station or reach my designation.

My husband and I travel a lot, including plenty of road trips. So yeah, have come across good and bad when it comes to gas station bathrooms.

One of the nicest, cleanest ones I have been to was in New Mexico, a bit north of Las Cruses if I remember correctly - it was spacious, clean and the doors didn't have gaps between the stall door and partition (can't stand those gaps!).

One of the worst I had been to was one where the floor and walls were grimy, the sink top was full of soap scum from the liquid soap dispenser on the wall above it, the door handle looked like you need a tetanus shot after touching it and the toilet wouldn't flush properly (I hate leaving toilet paper floating, so it was a matter if flush...wait for it to fill up and flush again...repeat about 5 times!)

With all the use of gas station bathrooms, I have also noticed a really disgusting habit among some people - not washing their hands after using the bathroom! Yuck! I shudder to think of shaking hands with one of them! So I always use a paper towel to open the bathroom door after washing my hands dry.gif.

Edited by lanette

lol, I only wash my hands when I use a public restroom. Otherwise, I take a shower every other day and I never go anywhere. My house is pretty clean, considering both mom and step-mom clean every day to every other day! Plus, I have a pool at one house and THE FREAKING OCEAN at another, both of which I utilize frequently!

You know, guys, it's really interesting to read all these stories while eating something. x'D

But yeah, I avoid public bathrooms like the plague. I don't know why, but it's a weird habit of mine. o_O

I actually don't mind public restrooms... If you gotta go, you gotta go! Dx

Anyways... I don't really know my WORST experience, but in the bathrooms at my school, people ALWAYS forget to flush, the toilets get clogged easily, and there is never any soap. >.<

Uh. I don't remember where exactly but it was relatively clean surprisingly! I mean it just looked like a public bathroom. V: And there was some really neat graffiti on the walls.

Yep.

At my schol people NEVER flush and there is the stench everywhere and they always shove toilet paper in the urinals i mean seriously wtf and i always feel guilty but i use the handicap stall because tis always the cleanest and noone evr uses it

German bathrooms at restaurants and places like that. The soap dispensers NEVER let any soap come out, even when there is plenty of soap in them. *facepalm* It's disgusting, and in the gas station I had to use, there was this disgusting smell in the stall I used, and the hand dryer was so loud my ears pretty much exploded. /sarcasm But really, they need to clean those places up.

~Cavey

Mrr.

Gas station bathrooms around here aren't superclean, but clean enough and nice smelling enough that I'll go in. In my school, though, in the girls bathroom, some girls were throws crap at the walls.. or something of the sort.

lol, I only wash my hands when I use a public restroom. Otherwise, I take a shower every other day and I never go anywhere. My house is pretty clean, considering both mom and step-mom clean every day to every other day! Plus, I have a pool at one house and THE FREAKING OCEAN at another, both of which I utilize frequently!

You don't wash your hands after using the bathroom? unsure.gif