calligogo123

gas station bathrooms

The worst kind of public "bathroom" I've encountered so far used to be French standard fare about 20 to 25 years ago. Imagine this as the only halfway suitable place to do what you have to do every once in a while: user posted image

(Okay, so the standard was definitely less clean...)

The worst of the lot I've encountered was clogged, though, and as soon as I flushed, the water was coming my way rather quickly. I barely managed to escape the stall with dry feet, thank you very much.

This summer my mom and I stopped at a restroom on the way to a hospital and I went to the woman's restroom and there was a guy in there. It was one of those one toilet bathroom too. Pants all the way down. Came out later with alcohol.

I also went in one once and I couldn't open the door to leave. I had to basically yank the door off it's hinges to open it. :/

I hate public bathrooms. I'll usually hold it until I get home unless I really have to go. They're just nasty and not cleaned properly.

I'm in marching band, so this means going to public bathrooms, even if you don't like to.

At our last game about 2 1/2 hours away from where my school is (that was the LONGEST bus ever, I swear... and we even left EARLY), since the neighborhood wasn't exactly "friendly", we had to bring buddies along to the bathrooms or concession stands, or to go back to the bleachers. So, I went with my section leader to the bathroom to "watch over" her outside the door. Once we got to the door of the restroom, it STANK. Really bad. My section leader survived, though. rolleyes.gif Even the drum major thought it was bad.

I personally really don't use public bathrooms, because I've learned to hold it in for about 36 hrs (unhealthy, I know). But, I really don't have a problem with them because they're not that bad.

Oh god, don't get me started with this topic! I've seen the most, disgusting, revolting, smelly, and ugliest bathrooms in the world! I'm not joking!

Some that have never been cleaned, some that have DooDoo and Pee all over the floor~

Gas Station Bathrooms are the worst bathrooms you can walk into! I'd rather take my chances with a Port-A-Potty! (I don't know how to spell Port-A-Potty, I think that's how you spell it. You know what I'm talkin' 'bout right?)

Anyways, I will tell you one of many Gas Station bathrooms I have encountered!

My family and I were headed to San Antonio just this past summer, and my sister had to go. So we stopped of at a deserted gas station and thought, "Why not? I'll use the Potty now so I don't have to go later!"

I walk in the Gas Station with my sister, and we headed straight to the restroom...

My sister and I peeked in and... BAM!!!

THE MOST HORRIBLE SMELL HIT OUR NOSES. PEE YEEEWWWW!

The stench was unbearable! Dead flies all over, old&new flies buzzing around, and... some surprises (LOL) are on the floor! My sister and I walked right out and held it in until the next stop...

You guys think those are bad then I have two words for you. Festival. Toilets.

Now don't get me wrong - some festivals have toilets that are kept quite nicely (Beautiful Days being one). Many on the other hand... you're lucky if it's a porta-loo they clean out once a day. The worst one was at Download in '06. The toilets were, I kid you not, a big metal container (think shipping container) with a row of stalls above it. The thing wasn't emptied for the entire five days we were there, and the heat that summer was up to around 100 degrees. You almost needed a gas mask to use the damned things by then end of it!

Oh jeez. That's when I forget about modern plumbing and go in the damn woods.

Bleah. It's really gross, some toilets. And I don't just refer to gas stations. Some of the really well, 'famous' malls, the toilets are disgusting, year round. I mean seriously. Minus the fact that people don't flush, the seats are always pretty scratched, and black. I reckon it's because adults that bring the small kiddies in often let them squat on the seats. GROSS.

And I still say school toilets are the worst, my primary school at least. There were totally several occasions where the principal had to talk to the school about it, and I totally heard a lot of stuff about the guys one. Apparently, they used to like to get a lot of tissue, wet it, and then throw it somewhere. Then, they had this REALLY GROSS game, they'd spit water at each other, like EEW.

And sometimes, it'd be really nice if toilets were soundproofed.

I avoid gas station bathrooms. I'll usually go to a fast food restaurant and use their bathrooms instead.

Ugh, I hate public toilets. I won't sit on a public toilet seat. When I have to go in public I just hover over the seat a pray that I don't drip on myself. I stopped at a gas station somewhere in the New Mexico desert last summer while on a road trip. When I went inside, I was greeted with the worst smell ever and the walls of the stall were smeared with poo. wacko.gif Needless to say, I held it for nearly 2 hours until I found a McDonalds with much cleaner bathrooms.

I avoid gas station bathrooms. I'll usually go to a fast food restaurant and use their bathrooms instead.

^This so works. At least most of the time. (Even here in Germany. Though things don't seem to be quite as bad here as what you guys have encountered.)

I hate public toilets! They are usually disgusting, unless they are paid.

I think I don't need to tell stories about those gas station bathrooms I had to use when I was a kid (like 10-15 years ago).

Horrible stench (my nose is really sensitive...), floor covered in water and toilet paper/used toilet paper, dirty stalls without working locks, no toilet paper (never any piece of toilet paper, never!), wet/dirty seats, unflushed toilets, only cold water (if any), no soap, no tissues (towels)... Eeew! You can imagine that right?

Nothing special for public toilets I would say.

But what was really terrible - toilets at our local elementary school. Well, it is really small elementary school in a small town, so you would say they could take care of that.

Disgusting stench you could smell ten meters around the toilets, only four stalls (for the entire school building), none of them with working lock or handle! So not only you couldn't lock yourself, even close the doors. We had to hold the handle all the time. Wet/used toilet paper all over the floor, which means no toilet paper left. So we always had to bring our own tissues, better few packets of tissues... Seat covers? Heh, maybe in a dream... Wet and dirty seats, dirty floor. Ice cold water and no soup, no towels. The nasty drawings never bothered me honestly. And these were girls toilets... You would never want to see boys toilets!

So I learned to wait... And I can still wait few hours if needed. I can wait even 10 hours, really. No more public toilets, ever!

I don't understand why Gas Station bathrooms have to be so yucky. I went out of town with my mom, when I was 15 to see my Aunt in Iowa. We had to stop at this gas station in this little nothing town in the middle of nowhere iowa...The dude hands me the key and it's this HUGE paddle thing with a tiny key on a rope.....Okay....

So I go to the door, (that's outside) and unlock the door. The bathroom is Littered with things that I don't even think I had ever seen before....and this hole in the wall for a toilet. Thankfully my mom had a roll of toilet paper in the car and I trecked my happy self into the bushes. Never again........

okay. 2 not gas station but nasty.

1) in second grade i want to the bathroom at the local football stadium. field trip. and there was a Nazi sign on the stall door. My teacher ignored it. I had to use the same stall again later.

2)At a choir concert i was in the ladies' room was OoO so we had to use the mens room. graffiti CARVED INTO the wooden doors. (i.e. about gay sex or a girl illegally there, t*ts, etc.) it was DISTURBING! i'm scarred for life.

A few weeks ago, I needed to go. BAD! My dad stopped at the gas station and I went in and waited a good 5 minutes outside the door. Finally this woman comes out, and I go in, and come right back out. I told my dad I could hold it until we got to my trailer (Thats where we were heading) god that lady can make a stink so bad I gagged. sad.gif

This next story didn't happen at a public washroom, but I was so embarassed.

I was at my friends pool party, and I needed to go to the washroom. I went inside her house, and went to the bathroom. Being the dummy I am, I didn't lock the door, because I thought it was common sense that you would knock on a closed door. Boy was I wrong. I was going, and My friends dad opens the door and comes in and sees me on the toilet. blink.gif

I was so embarassed. Haven't ever gone to her house since!

Edited by DaniBoo

okay. 2 not gas station but nasty.

1) in second grade i want to the bathroom at the local football stadium. field trip. and there was a Nazi sign on the stall door. My teacher ignored it. I had to use the same stall again later.

2)At a choir concert i was in the ladies' room was OoO so we had to use the mens room. graffiti CARVED INTO the wooden doors. (i.e. about gay sex or a girl illegally there, t*ts, etc.) it was DISTURBING! i'm scarred for life.

That is absolutely normal and nothing.

*gag* *barf*

But hey, when you gotta go you gotta go...

Yes I have been in a public restroom when I seriously had to go one day.

We were out hiking and all... It stank so bad words cant describe it.

Edited by Ælex

I went into one once that was not filthy, but disturbing.

You know how sometimes the doors are locked and you need a key to get in? This gas station bathroom was locked from the outside but instead of a key, there was a door in the back of the shop leading into the bathroom that the attendant went through to open it. The door had a mirror in it that had a slight depretion in it and when I turned off the lights, I saw it was a one way mirror into the store. Needless to say I did not use that bathroom.

Never again.

That's messed up! Why would you want to watch people go to the bathroom!? Wow...I mean that's pretty sick. yeah you get to see their stuff...but..also doin the business. That's nasty. >.> good thing you didn't use it. Good eye.

Two words- ladie's items. Left everywhere. Not wrapped... Almost vomited. Ran away!

i got locked inside of one as a small child.

yeah i actually mean i was stuck on the inside of one because the lock/handle was busted and had to wait for my parents to find me because no one could hear my small hands beating on the door trying to get out. xd.png

of course i didn't like it but it didn't scare me or anything from using bathrooms in a gas station. when you gotta go you gotta go, you know?

Oh, gosh. Gas station bathrooms. dry.gif I hate them. There's usually only one and you have to wait in such a long line, and it's so gross...

I walked up to go relieve myself when I saw a couple in their teens walk out of the restroom together... O_o

Classy. Petrol station toilet sex.

Ohhh man. There was one time I saw an old grandpa coming outta the girls' bathroom though. That was hilarious. Couldn't stand waiting in line any longer, I guess. tongue.gif