TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I love today's ornaments, and the tree-topper dragons are amazing!

I think I am done with my tree, perhaps just a little bit more tweeking! :-)

Thanks to TJ, and all the spriters for all their amazing work and effort! It has been an amazing event so far, lots of wonderful surprises...

Best of luck to everyone in the contest - I'm looking forward to the tree judging!

Cool! Does anyone know where the western goes?

Western goes in the same place =) All 4 dragons are designed as tree toppers.

Yes I know but I meant lining it up.

did anyone else get a little TJ ornament diamond thing?

Yes, I just found out what that was... very cool...

This contest has been fun! I can't wait until we can submit our trees! I think I'm done decorating mine. I didn't use all my ornaments but I think the design works for not really having a theme. I found that the western dragon topper fit the best on top of my tree, not to mention looked the best. I'm still having any issue with the ornaments being behind the garland though. Anybody else still having that problem?

very awesome.. now to start decorating.. good luck to everyone in the judging!!

The past few days of decorating have been realy fun! I probably wont win, but I dont care! Thank you everyone who created these beautiful ornaments! laugh.gif

My tree has fallen prey to my sense of humour, complete with snake-cat made of balls stretching out towards one of the birds with an about-to-pounce air about it. This is great fun!

Just double checking - am I correct in assuming that everything not grayed out will be visible for the judging, even if not technically attached to the tree?

my tree ish pretty. ^-^

and i hope you can see things inside the border if they are not attached to the tree. cus i have those two star things floating by my tree ^-^

Edited by zeranoa

I don't know if anyone asked this before, but, if we get special mention, are we able to get a Guardian of Nature, or, does it not count since it's a summon?

Is the voting being done by "adding", or by "average"?

If it's being done by adding, then there's too much luck involved, I think--users with coincidentally high-traffic trees will get better scores, and unlucky users won't get a chance, even if their tree is wonderful. If it's done by average, then a user who only gets one vote of 10 would easily make it.

:/ It seems there's no good way to do this.

I'm wondering about the part when we rate the other trees. Will it hurt our chances of winning if we don't rate the other trees? Because I'm REALLY bad at stuff like that. The problem is that I'm too nice, and would probably give everyone a good rating, even if I don't actually like the tree's design. (I have the same problem when it comes to the dumb teacher evaluations they make us do.)

I don't know if anyone asked this before, but, if we get special mention, are we able to get a Guardian of Nature, or, does it not count since it's a summon?

Yes, I believe you can. Tis all in TJ's first post:

Honorable Mention winners can ask for: Any egg currently available in the cave (or via breeding), frills, Guardians of Nature, Holiday Dragons (Including Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, but not Valentines, Sweetlings, or Black Marrows), and vampires.

Yes, I believe you can. Tis all in TJ's first post:

Thank you! *Idiot who didn't read over and notice, only saw frills and stuff.* :U

I just finished my tree. Some of my tree toppers are floating. Lol xd.png

I know I won't win. rolleyes.gifdry.gif

Edited by fireball225

They are fabulous, pity they aren't collectible as real dragons *wink*

They are fabulous, pity they aren't collectible as real dragons *wink*

Not yet.... *Has been eying the finished dragons page for a while now, whimpering and wondering how come some of them have still yet to be released*

I'm not sure if this will be seen, but could I request that the tinsel/lights be a layer under the tree toppers, rather than above it?

I'm not sure if this will be seen, but could I request that the tinsel/lights be a layer under the tree toppers, rather than above it?

Ran into the problem. Finally got my tree okay, since I had to deal with it. *Sighs*

Yes you can ask for a GoN. For someone who does not have all of the trio dragons to do their own summoning, it's a nice way for them to get a GoN.

Yes you can ask for a GoN. For someone who does not have all of the trio dragons to do their own summoning, it's a nice way for them to get a GoN.

Amen to that.