TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Gah!!! The tree topper dilema! I don't know whether the dragon with the orb thing above it is too big and disproportional to my tree, but the opposite for the star. Silver? Gold? So many choices!!!

Then on second thought I would rather have so many choices then one or none at all:)

(But still... I probably won't pick which one for another day cuz I can't decide which one looks better)

Will the total amount of submitted trees be shown anywhere?

I am just curious how great the chance of winning really is, with 50 prices, but an unknown number of trees, or would I have to count how many trees I have rated?

Okay so, I was here yesterday when the tree toppers came out... why don't I have TJ's symbol?

It most likely is hidden. You might have to rearrange your ornaments to find it.

I can't figure out how to put the easterns on the tree top without the dragon having holes xd.png

It most likely is hidden. You might have to rearrange your ornaments to find it.

FFFFFFUUUUUUU-!!! *Head explodes*

You cannot be serious D:

I can't figure out how to put the easterns on the tree top without the dragon having holes  xd.png

~Image Removed~

If you look closely at the topper, there are little lines in the middle of 2-3 pixels, that match up with blank spots in the tree.

Edited by _Z_

Yup, I think I'm done. Thank you spriters!

...Man, now just to wait until the 20th to see who wins. Well, with a week of voting in between.

~Image Removed~

If you look closely at the topper, there are little lines in the middle of 2-3 pixels, that match up with blank spots in the tree.

Thank you! I really couldn't get the left side to match the tree...

@ Vampiric, I'm glad I wasn't the only one xd.png

Edited by _Z_

My tree is kind of dominated by the tree toppers. I used them all. I found positioning the candles to make it look like the dragons are holding them works well to hide the holes where the tree top is supposed to go.

I'm done! After experimenting with different color combinations, I decided that the one I started with really is the best. All my favorite ornaments that don't go with my color scheme are tucked in with the presents.

FFFFFFUUUUUUU-!!! *Head explodes*

You cannot be serious D:

I found it near the bottom left edge of the tree (about half an inch above the present with the purple stripes) hiding underneath one of my other ornaments.

My tree is done, I chose the gold western dragon topper. I would have used the bird, but the gold is too bright to match my scheme. and it looks like it's guarding the tree rather than accenting it. xd.png

I'm glad for the new lights, the little ones didn't fit around my tree as much as I wanted them to. lol

Can't wait to submit!

The winner will get the prize egg, can't choose. The onorable mentions (pretty trees but not enough for win) can choose for an egg, but not a prize egg and the others listed in the first post.

no. tj says on first post:

First, second, and third place winners may choose to request an egg instead of a prize dragon (same choices as honorable mentions). If this happens, a random winner from the rank below will be chosen to receive the prize in their place.

so, still my question: Can a winner see the prizes sprite before deciding if he or she wants the prize dragon, or rather request another egg?

I'm kinda sad. I really can't find my wisp/frost anymore. D: I've reset my ornaments twice and highlighted everything. Hmm.

Edited by ~Vinr~

no. tj says on first post:

so, still my question: Can a winner see the prizes sprite before deciding if he or she wants the prize dragon, or rather request another egg?

I doubt it. I assume that part of the point in the prizes for the winners is the risk that they might not like the dragons. Still, it's possible.

I'm kinda sad. I really can't find my wisp/frost anymore. D: I've reset my ornaments twice and highlighted everything. Hmm.

I found mine after the reset up near the border on the left (after I'd removed/used all the ornaments from that area and used high light).

So, you just give people links to your scroll to rate the trees or do they have to be on some sort of list? huh.gif

So, you just give people links to your scroll to rate the trees or do they have to be on some sort of list? huh.gif

I believe it's like reviewing descriptions for dragons, completely anonyomus . You just rate the trees and you don't know who's is who's.

I decorated my tree, used all the ornaments, (still could use more actually) but this is so much fun and the toppers are epic!

Pretty sure I know what my final design will be... Now, I've pulled everything off my tree so I can put the lights/garlands on first so they show up on the bottom. Will be hard trying to get it exactly the way it was before but hopefully it's fine. =P

Thanks again to TJ and all the spriters for putting together this event - I've had so much fun checking (totally not madly refreshing the Tree page dry.gif >_>) for new ornaments each day. Seeing all those beautiful sprites convinced me to try spriting on Paint again... it really failed so I appreciate all the time you guys put into this. x3

Again, can't wait till the voting starts! It's going to feel like one very long week. tongue.gif Good luck, everyone. smile.gif

Edit: Oh no, I'm having problems with ornaments ninja'ing now. D:

Edited by Vampiric

user posted image

Cool! Does anyone know where the western goes?

Edited by Booo

cool looking on my tree and I see dragons and one cardinal nice and christmas light. I add that. I put my cardinal under tree.. they so look cute on tree.. lol smile.gif