TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Hey. I do not know whether mine is anything good enough to win, but I have my tree how I think I want it. I plan on entering and seeing what comes, you know? It certainly will be interesting to see what others have come up with.

Yeah, I can't wait to start getting to look at everyone's trees. It's going to be fun to see what other people chose to focus on or incorporate.

Frankly, I'm fine if I don't win because this really has been a blast. The only thing I worry about is if I somehow got an honorable mention (not a huge worry lol) because I feel like I'd be wasting the opportunity no matter what I chose. I know someone asked earlier if we could give the dragon to someone else in that situation. Was there an official answer to that?

I think I'm ready to submit. biggrin.gif

Provided the darn things quit moving around on me. Every time I go view my tree, one, two or sometimes even three things have moved on me.. and some of those little doo-dads are hard to find.

Didn't use everything, but I used what I really liked. I can only hope that others like my creation too.

Thanks for the contest, and g'luck to everyone who enters.

Yeah, I can't wait to start getting to look at everyone's trees. It's going to be fun to see what other people chose to focus on or incorporate.

Frankly, I'm fine if I don't win because this really has been a blast. The only thing I worry about is if I somehow got an honorable mention (not a huge worry lol) because I feel like I'd be wasting the opportunity no matter what I chose. I know someone asked earlier if we could give the dragon to someone else in that situation. Was there an official answer to that?

I KNOW what I would pick if I got HM- A gold Dragon, don't have one yet and would LOVE to get one.

I decorade my tree, I`m not shure if I leave everything like it is now but I still have time to move things, but at the moment I like my tree.

I KNOW what I would pick if I got HM- A gold Dragon, don't have one yet and would LOVE to get one.

Then I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that if you don't win one of the top prizes, you get an honorable mention and win a gold. smile.gif I would have asked for a neglected, but I can understand why we can't have those with this. Besides, I figure I'll get the hang of making one some day. lol

I have another question:

If I move the big garlands outside so they fade but a piece is still in the viewable area, will this peace be seen by other or is the whole thing invisible because it is faded out?

Its just, I want to do some nice decoration like floating things around the tree and to even it out put the garland there.

So will it be visible?

Still haven't found the raptor sad.gifvelociraptor.png

Then I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that if you don't win one of the top prizes, you get an honorable mention and win a gold. smile.gif I would have asked for a neglected, but I can understand why we can't have those with this. Besides, I figure I'll get the hang of making one some day. lol

Thanks, Skauble! wink.gif And good luck to you as well!

If I could just get the tinsel-garlands to stay behind the ornaments I would be ready to submit...

velociraptor.png Cool, new emote.

I can't wait for the info for submiting our trees for judgement... smile.gif

Yeah, I know what I would get, too. I managed to get enough frills before they were discontinued, and I already have a few metallics (none are CB, but apparently I'm the only person on DC who doesn't really care about that tongue.gif ), so if I get honorable mention I'm definitely going for a holly.

I'm pretty sure I'm done, but I don't know. unsure.gif I'd like to experiment a bit more with different color combinations, but the arrangement I have now looks really nice and I don't want to take everything off and then maybe not be able to put it back and have it look as good. Maybe I'll just take a screenshot for reference, then I'll know just where everything was and I should be able to put it all back if I need to.

aargh, I had such a nice, traditional well balanced tree, just like the one I have at home (minus straw stars, meringhe and cookies), but since the tree will be frozen, and I don't want to loose the nice gold and silver-dragon treetoppers I cannot put them off...

So the story of my tree goes: it has been destroyed not only by a swarm of birds but also by my greedy cave-beasts getting loose... blink.gif they ate all the sweets, destroyed the symmetry and the colour composition... - aaargh, I cannot submit this dreadful mess... unsure.gif but I want these dragons to remain so badly on my tree, I sacrifice a perhaps-egg to certain dragon beauties... - and two metal giant chickens... huh.gif

aargh, I had such a nice, traditional well balanced tree, just like the one I have at home (minus straw stars, meringhe and cookies), but since the tree will be frozen, and I don't want to loose the nice gold and silver-dragon treetoppers I cannot put them off...

Eh? They're only going to be frozen during judging. You'll still have all your ornaments after it's over.

I haven't checked this thread often enough, I guess, so I was wondering, your tree gets frozen, right? Can you change it after the judging? Or does it stay the way it was... forever?

Was ninja'd by the poster in front of me xd.png

Edited by zephyr_123

I haven't checked this thread often enough, I guess, so I was wondering, your tree gets frozen, right? Can you change it after the judging? Or does it stay the way it was... forever?

from the OP

After winners are announced, all trees will be publicly viewable and editing will be re-opened.

I love the new dragons! I want to incorporate them, but I can't work them into my theme. And speaking of which, I'm beginning to feel nervous because of the possibly brilliant tree decorators out there. Oh well, hope for the best.

I LOVE the velociraptor! Hmm, now to decide what I want to do for my tree.... Wow, I bet there's some great decorators out there.

Does anyone know how long judging will take? How long will we have to wait to find out who the winners are?

Does anyone know how long judging will take? How long will we have to wait to find out who the winners are?

• From the 8th until midnight on the 15th (exactly 7 days), users will be able to rate trees (on a scale of 1-10) anonymously. Users may rate as many trees as they wish, but each user will only be able to vote on any given tree once.

• After user voting is over, the top 200 will become finalists and from those, I will pick 5 first place winners, 10 second place winners, 15 third place winners, and 20 honorable mentions.

• Winners will be announced on the 20th.

All these days I've been thinking "what, no dragon ornaments?" and here they are! Thank you, spriters! And then I saw the little TJ ornament, and the raptor... biggrin.gif

But there has been a dragon ornament all along since day four!

user posted image

See this snowglobe? Inside, there's a snowman on the left - and a slender red dragon with green wings and a yellow belly on the right. (Maybe it's supposed to be a holly?)