TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I love the tree toppers so much I'm Soooo going to make one so I can have my tree topped by a dragon next year.

I wish, I wish, I wish we had a weekend to decorate our trees. This week is one of the busiest I have at work and now that I have all the ornaments, I will barely have any time to decorate my tree at all. Sunday is my only day off and Saturday is my only less-than-14-hours workday. sad.gif

I can finally work on my Tree. Now that all the 12 days of ornaments have been placed on the canvas. Now I just need to rearrange them.

Got my theme thought up too. This is going to be good.

Now that I know people are making pictures on their trees, I KNOW I'm not going to win. xd.png

Darn you people and your creativity. tongue.gif

I didn't really have a theme but I did manage to use almost all the ornaments (but only one of the beautiful tree toppers).

edit: Only four of the ornaments weren't used.

Edited by rubyshoes

I didn't really have a theme but I did manage to use almost all the ornaments (but only one of the beautiful tree toppers).

edit: Only four of the ornaments weren't used.

laugh.gif

Is there any tree visible under all these ornaments?

I had to reset my ornaments dry.gif to find velociraptor.png

I think I got everything back to my chosen pattern-----

need the contest to start ,so I don't keep trying to change what seems to work best rolleyes.gif

I just got finished with mine, I think... I'm glad I didn't miss any days.... Can't wait to see what others have done!!!! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

Is there any tree visible under all these ornaments?

Nope. smile.gif No tree at all. smile.gif

edit: Especially since I was lucky enough not to miss any days. smile.gif

Edited by rubyshoes

Emote velociraptor.png emote velociraptor.png emote velociraptor.png I must emote! velociraptor.pngvelociraptor.pngvelociraptor.png

Mmm, yes, I'd say that about covers it.

The weird thing on top of the tiny tree you click on your scroll makes a lot more sense to me now. My mind kept trying to turn it into a star. As someone whose family member tops his tree with an awesome human skull, I should know better than to always expect stars.

Right now I'm having fun trying to find the tinsel. That little booger is near invisible. Does anyone have tips on finding the thing?

Edited by Goslander

Is there anything to prevent people from rating every tree poor so their own tree has a better chance? Love the velociraptor.pngvelociraptor.pngvelociraptor.png !

Emote velociraptor.png emote velociraptor.png emote velociraptor.png I must emote! velociraptor.pngvelociraptor.pngvelociraptor.png

Mmm, yes, I'd say that about covers it.

The weird thing on top of the tiny tree you click on your scroll makes a lot more sense to me now. My mind kept trying to turn it into a star. As someone whose family member tops his tree with an awesome human skull, I should know better than to always expect stars.

Right now I'm having fun trying to find the tinsel. That little booger is near invisible. Does anyone have tips on finding the thing?

I finally found it again (after resetting all ornaments) by double clicking the left button on my mouse to high light everything.

Edited by rubyshoes

Tinsel?

The little silver whisp. Around here they're called tinsel, and what everyone else keeps calling tinsel, we call garlands. I've never in my life heard of garlands being referred to as tinsel before. I guess I need to get out of this state more.

rubyshoes - I didn't realize you could highlight things. Thanks!

The little silver whisp. Around here they're called tinsel, and what everyone else keeps calling tinsel, we call garlands. I've never in my life heard of garlands being referred to as tinsel before. I guess I need to get out of this state more.

rubyshoes - I didn't realize you could highlight things. Thanks!

Your welcome.

I also call the garland garland and tinsel tinsel (wish we had more of the little whispy tinsel).

If only, on one of the twelves days, someone had left some artistic talent in my cave for me, I'd be all set. I'm just going to have to hope that the incredibly beautiful ornaments cover for my shortcomings...of course, all of you have the same beautiful ornaments, so I'm pretty sure I'm doomed. xd.png

I can't believe how much I've enjoyed this. Excellent, excellent idea.

I always thought tinsel and angel hair were the same. Well I'm not a native English speaker/writer. biggrin.gif

If only, on one of the twelves days, someone had left some artistic talent in my cave for me, I'd be all set.  I'm just going to have to hope that the incredibly beautiful ornaments cover for my shortcomings...of course, all of you have the same beautiful ornaments, so I'm pretty sure I'm doomed.  xd.png 

I can't believe how much I've enjoyed this.  Excellent, excellent idea.

Hey. I do not know whether mine is anything good enough to win, but I have my tree how I think I want it. I plan on entering and seeing what comes, you know? I figure I enjoyed decorating, especially figuring out what to do with those beautiful dragon decorations, and you lose nothing by entering your creation. It certainly will be interesting to see what others have come up with.

Edited by JavaTiger

I finally found it again (after resetting all ornaments) by double clicking the left button on my mouse to high light everything.

Thanks, Now I found that too, but with only one little piece it doesn't add much

I checked , we can only get more lights,popcorn and beads. sad.gif

Ah well, I think i have dome as much as I can w/o getting overkill.less is more sometimes biggrin.gif

The presents and stuff under the tree makes it look like my son's first Christmas- My DH and I had to open it all, blink.gif ,but he did like the crinkly paper xd.png

edit: my laptop cannot spell

Edited by dragonpuck

Tinsel was originally pressed tin sliced thinly to create the item Angelhair is actually a form of fiberglass that was used in a similar manner as Tinsel.

I LOVED the treetoppers. I have to say a lot went into creating these items. Beautifully rendered all the way through. There wasn't anything I didn't like and that...is rare.

Thank you all for the coding work. smile.gif

The winner will get the prize egg, can't choose. The onorable mentions (pretty trees but not enough for win) can choose for an egg, but not a prize egg and the others listed in the first post.

The winners CAN choose to go for chosen eggs instead - in which case the special eggs go to the next on the list. See first post.