TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

welcome, welcome!!!! we have no idea how ours or anyone else's trees are doing, because voting is completely anonymous.... kinda sucks.... but i supposes it's the only way to really do it fairly.

hope you're having fun voting on trees, and making one if you did that!!! watch out, this stuff is super addictive!!! *read my post above!!* wink.gif

Heh, thanks! Yeah, I did make a tree... unfortunately, it was simple AND a picture, so it's doubly doomed. But voting is so entertaining. It's interesting to try and figure out what thoughts went into making the tree... if any. (I kid, I kid.)

Right, that's it. I have to stop voting. I can't even see the trees any more, I can't judge what's good and what's bad, it's all just the visual equivalent of rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb.

blink.gif

Heh, thanks! Yeah, I did make a tree... unfortunately, it was simple AND a picture, so it's doubly doomed. But voting is so entertaining. It's interesting to try and figure out what thoughts went into making the tree... if any. (I kid, I kid.)

hey, my tree may not look like a put a lot of *thought* into it, but i actually did. yes, i did a traditional tree. but i would put day one's ornaments *just* where i wanted them. and then on day two, i would have to change everything around and get it just so. and for some reason, i did it like that, every day!!! so, my concept isn't original or creative, but i spent alot.png of time on that tree!! i put alot.png of attention to the details. so mine may not look "cool" but i'm proud of it.

and since the beginning, i went into this thinking "yeah, i'll decorate a tree". but i knew i wanted to do traditional and that probably wouldn't garner many votes. i just wanted to have fun with it, and do what i wanted to do. so i did!! and i had fun!! and if i win anything *which is a super-slim chance* that'll just be a bonus!! *tear*

anyways, the voting is super awesome!! i love slogging through 10 or 20 and then finally getting to one that makes you linger on the page, and use some of those brain cells to try and figure it out!! it's a well-deserved break!

since you're new to the forum part, i'll tell you that somewhere close to 9,000 trees are being voted on and some people have already finished voting!!! *though i don't know how, i've been at it for 3 days and countless hours, and i'm still not done!!!* xd.png

hey, my tree may not look like a put a lot of *thought* into it, but i actually did. yes, i did a traditional tree. but i would put day one's ornaments *just* where i wanted them. and then on day two, i would have to change everything around and get it just so. and for some reason, i did it like that, every day!!! so, my concept isn't original or creative, but i spent alot.png of time on that tree!! i put alot.png of attention to the details. so mine may not look "cool" but i'm proud of it.

and since the beginning, i went into this thinking "yeah, i'll decorate a tree". but i knew i wanted to do traditional and that probably wouldn't garner many votes. i just wanted to have fun with it, and do what i wanted to do. so i did!! and i had fun!! and if i win anything *which is a super-slim chance* that'll just be a bonus!! *tear*

anyways, the voting is super awesome!! i love slogging through 10 or 20 and then finally getting to one that makes you linger on the page, and use some of those brain cells to try and figure it out!! it's a well-deserved break!

since you're new to the forum part, i'll tell you that somewhere close to 9,000 trees are being voted on and some people have already finished voting!!! *though i don't know how, i've been at it for 3 days and countless hours, and i'm still not done!!!* xd.png

Hey, I love the traditionals! I've seen some utterly lovely one's (perhaps yours?). I just... I really have no idea what prompted me to do a picture tree. The muse of creation (and insanity) just sort of punched me in the face and demanded it.

And wow, people have actually gotten through all the trees? That's impressive. I... will not succeed on that front. Too easily distracted.

....I really have no idea what prompted me to do a picture tree. The muse of creation (and insanity) just sort of punched me in the face and demanded it.

haha, i must write that down!!! xd.png

i just saw a tree with one of the big silver birds, he was holding the candy cane and i instantly thought "oh, a bird with a walking stick?!?!" wtf?? my thought processes are weird!!!!

another sign that you've been voting on trees too long:

you think you see "DC" spelled out in the ornaments on EVERY tree!!!!!

In case anyone wanted to know, you can get through 1000 trees in two hours.

You know, if you're craaaaazy.

I'm craaaaazy.

hmmm.... but how many seconds would you say you look at each tree?? i'm only asking because i'd like to gauge about how many i've voted on, and that would help... i really should have used my little clicker thing, that way i would know!!!!

i saw a tree with a really cool wreath beside it. only sucks that the tree wasn't decorated better, because i would've given it a higher score. the wreath looked a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

HAHAHA!!! i just saw a tree that had "EPIC" written above it!!! xd.png

Edited by misfitknits

hmmm.... but how many seconds would you say you look at each tree?? i'm only asking because i'd like to gauge about how many i've voted on, and that would help... i really should have used my little clicker thing, that way i would know!!!!

The time is variable, is the problem. Like, blank tree or katamari tree, it's obvious -- tree flashes up, click number, click vote. Probably takes around 8-10 seconds. Anything outside of those, I have to think for a bit.

well, i would say that's about what i'm doing too *time wise* and our system sounds much the same. except i do have kids, so i have to take breaks. oh, and then i have to sleep! wink.gif

hopefully it should only take me like 2 more days... we'll see!! if i can keep it at this pace, i should be able to finish, though. i've gotten pretty good at making fast decisions, but the it's ones that make you stop and see if you can see what the person was trying to do... it's like- how long do i look before i just give up?!?! lol

Man, the more trees I see the lower the ratings I give them. I think my cold is getting to me. rolleyes.gif Anyway, here are two rinky dink badges I made. In paint. No, I have no artistic talents to speak of. Haven't made a "get a life" badge. Though I want one now! I don't know how to do those tinypic thingy's so they're long links ^^; I keep trying to join but since I'm a photobucket member they just send me back to my page. THANKS SOCKPUPPETSTRANGLER!

If you know tinypic, feel free to re-upload or just FEEL FREE TO RE-MAKE! I know I suck at these. *putters off for more cold medication*

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by blackdragonqueen

ummm.... all the sudden DC isn't working "taking too long to respond" but the forum is working?!?! wth?

Maintenance. Same time, every night. xd.png

ahhh, yep, i was just able to get back in!! happy.gif for a minute there, i thought it was a sign that i needed to stop voting for trees and go to bed!!! *divine intervention*

oh well, i'm sleepy, but my eyes are *super* tired. i'll vote on a few more, and then head off to bed, done for the night.....

Man, the more trees I see the lower the ratings I give them. I think my cold is getting to me. rolleyes.gif Anyway, here are two rinky dink badges I made. In paint. No, I have no artistic talents to speak of. Haven't made a "get a life" badge. Though I want one now! I don't know how to do those tinypic thingy's so they're long links ^^; I keep trying to join but since I'm a photobucket member they just send me back to my page.

If you know tinypic, feel free to re-upload or just FEEL FREE TO RE-MAKE! I know I suck at these. *putters off for more cold medication*

user posted image

http:// i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af334/blackdragonqueen/TreeDecorator2.jpg

user posted image

http:// i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af334/blackdragonqueen/Treecritic.jpg

Just remove the space after "http://"

Are you searching photobucket? That's the only reason I can think it would send you back to photobucket. Just use browse to find the file from your computer. ^^

Those are cute! <3

I should go rate more trees. I've pushed it off for forum things I've needed to get done. o-o

Are you searching photobucket? That's the only reason I can think it would send you back to photobucket. Just use browse to find the file from your computer. ^^

Those are cute! <3

I should go rate more trees. I've pushed it off for forum things I've needed to get done. o-o

EEE! Thanks! Going to fix now! Glad you liked them. wub.gif

The time is variable, is the problem. Like, blank tree or katamari tree, it's obvious -- tree flashes up, click number, click vote. Probably takes around 8-10 seconds. Anything outside of those, I have to think for a bit.

Well, with these stats, you cannot have managed to do 1000 trees in 2 hours. Because 2 hours have only 7200 seconds, and 7200 second divided by 8 seconds means that you cannot do more than 900 trees - and only if you get nothing but blank and Katamari trees.

Just saw a tree where the popcorn lights and the tree topper was used as a nest for the birds (which were the tree topper) it was pretty cute

And I saw another Question Mark tree...

EDIT: "You have voted on all tree submissions. Thank you for your votes."

- Oh my god... I voted them all? o_O

Edited by Aurora-Silver

i saw a tree with a really cool wreath beside it. only sucks that the tree wasn't decorated better, because i would've given it a higher score. the wreath looked a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

I saw that one, too, a day or two ago, I forget how long. I had the same reaction; the wreath looked really impressive. Too bad it wasn't on the tree. tongue.gif

I saw one really cute one where one of the Eastern toppers was using the French horn as a bubble pipe, with the glass baubles. :'D Probably my favorite.

Why don't you go for a CB female holly, then? That would be totally unique as all CB hollies so far are male.

I have a female Holly I picked up this past Christmas. wink.gif

How come I never see the obscene ones ???? Or am I - BLIND ???

I want to know - if one of the trees that has the odd decoration glitched to the side wins - will TJ edit that out ? (I think of one 9 where there were two bits of popcorn up top left, clearly not part of the design...)

I'm still voting for the trees. Some are really cute, but some of them are just... awfull? Too many decorations IMO are killing the tree... But there was one full of stuff that looked cool for me.

That's all for the topic, and now little offtopic...

I saw somewhere here user that has got in his/hers siggy note that is looking for pink (the one with influence) from old pinkxSweetling parents.

I don't know who was it, and on what page was his/hers post, but I wanna tell him/her that I've got the one You're looking for. If You still want it (or not) please contact me on PM.

Edited by Sharanay

One of the trees I really liked had the ornaments sorted in the shape on an Easter egg. So cute. happy.gif