TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I hope when the contest ends some of the people who did "pictures" will post them and explain what they are. I just saw something that had legs made of candles, but I don't know what the rest of it was supposed to be. I've seen several things that were obviously meant to be 'something' but I couldn't figure out what they were.

Fail? Isn't it 2010 Christmas we (still) celebrate? unsure.gif

Well, we're in 2011 now? And the contest ends in 2011? (not to mention the rating started in 2011) So writing 2010 on a tree is kind of odd to my eyes.

But I must admit I associated that tree with a mistake I did myself, i.e. writing "2010" on wish cards instead of "2011". Fortunatly I was using Photoshop so I quickly corrected before sending the card to anyone tongue.gif

I just saw a tree where they had one of the dragon toppers was wrapped around the base/trunk of the tree. It looked AWESOME!

I saw that one yesterday.. it "worked" there didn't it *nods and chuckles*

TD.x.

I just gave two 10s in a row!! One to the Santa tree ( biggrin.gif ) and one to the best rainbow color scheme tree that made me feel like rating all these trees is worth it.

Then I got a Katamari tree:(

The highest rating I have given so far is a 6 for a (the?) JEW tree, and I haven't given any 5s. Maybe I'm being to harsh....

Ooh, I've given a few 10s.

I've seen some beautiful rainbow blend ones.

I've not given a single 10... a few 8's and maybe one 9... but that's it.

I've seen some pretty decent trees..... but not much that says OH WOW.... least not to me.

I'm not much into picture trees.

I like symmetry, good use of color... not over crowded but not sparse trees.... with a nice flow to them.

Some of the trees look like someone sneezed on them or something..... maybe they got caught in a big gust of wind or something things flung all over with no real rhyme nor reason to them.

Edited by MalagAste

Ooh, I've given a few 10s.

I've seen some beautiful rainbow blend ones.

I've given 10s, too. And quite a few 8s. If I look at a tree and think, "Wow, it would be really hard to top that", then it gets a 10 from me. Sure, it's possible to top it, and sometimes trees I see later on have. But I can only judge in the moment that I see a tree, not based on imaginary trees that might not exist. So, if at that second it's the bees knees, then 10!

Idk, maybe I'm a softy judge. lol

I hope when the contest ends some of the people who did "pictures" will post them and explain what they are. I just saw something that had legs made of candles, but I don't know what the rest of it was supposed to be. I've seen several things that were obviously meant to be 'something' but I couldn't figure out what they were.

I think I might know the tree you're talking about. Were there like two little animals in the bottom of the tree and a heart above them? I think I've seen it too.

Out of curiosity, I want to know;

If you won gold, would you rather have a CB Holly or a goldprize exclusive dragon?

Also, does anyone know if the exclusives breed like holidays or regular dragons?

If you won gold, would you rather have a CB Holly or a goldprize exclusive dragon?

Also, does anyone know if the exclusives breed like holidays or regular dragons?

i would say exclusive, because since there is a lower number of them you could trade one of its offspring for a holly laugh.gif

They likely breed like rares or worse. Why would they breed easy? They're a prize dragon. Not much of a prize if one week after coming out, everyone's managed to catch them really easily.

My answer may be tilted because I have a Holly, but I'd definitely take the prize dragon. Hollies will be easier to catch every year. Maybe not CB, but still. These may take a while to spread out. Also, a Holly can only breed other Hollies once a year, but these eggs should be able to breed all year long, which definitely increases the opportunity for excellent trades.

They likely breed like rares or worse. Why would they breed easy? They're a prize dragon. Not much of a prize if one week after coming out, everyone's managed to catch them really easily.

Honestly, I think that the best plan would have them breed well and multi-clutch. If people want them to stay rare, then they don't have to breed them except for when they want a new one or some for trades. But a lot of people wondered about the AP once teleport came out, and this would be an excellent plan to keep it super interesting.

Edited by skauble

Same here! I saw one that I think might have been a coyote, or maybe a sitting alt black hatchie? A couple of oval-shaped ones might have been eggs? Or maybe they were just supposed to be large ornaments. There were a couple that I think must have been dragons but I just couldn't 'see' it. And a few that I really just had no idea what they were supposed to be no matter how I looked at them. Plus I'm sure there were some that I missed altogether (like the Donkey Kong one everybody was talking about-- I might have just not come across that one yet, but I probably did and just never recognized it.)

I've been wondering this for some time. It would all depend on how the prize dragons breed. If the only exclusive part of their existence is that only winners get CBs, then it's definitely a Holly. I'm leaning towards holly right now, but due to the sheer unlikelihood of me winning, I'm not worrying too much right now.

Mmmmmm.... I just got one, where has been written LOL left to it... but it just can/t be the LOLcat tree I am looking for, because the tree had nothing of a cat style... and right to it might have been written something else, starting with F, but I couldn/t make out the rest xd.png

looked like "Foll" to me xd.png

Im not penalizing people for left over ornaments around the tree. We weren't told there was a specific editing rectangle that would show up everything within it so I'll not mark anyone down for stuff left behind. It's the tree itself that matters.

I wish I'd known though... I'm not sure how tidy mine is around the edges lol, it could look like my bedroom... !

....Which makes me wonder: are all those who made an ornament-obscured tree voting high on the other trees like it? Then we could be in for a surprise when the winners are announced.

On the other hand, I hope that everyone who chose to do silver-blue rates silver-blue highly  biggrin.gif

i think we'll be in for a surprise no matter what!! no one knows how people are voting on a particular tree. for instance, we may see "did you see the tree with THIS on it??" but most aren't posting what they voted for said tree, because it's supposed to be anonymous, and there have already been some comments made about shutting this thread down for various reasons, probably including posting what you voted, since it kind of breaks the rules.

anyways, i can't wait to find out who ALL the winners are!! i think we will all be surprised about certain trees *not in a bad way, necessarily* because everyone likes different things!!

OH, and i suspect that some of those vomit trees weren't meant to look that way in the end, whether the person ran out of time, or the glitch got 'em!

I think that I've decided that the most difficult decoration to use well is the red and gold garland. Some people manage to Tim Gunn it, but most of the trees look like they're missing their pants. xd.png

If people use it well, total bonus points.

Im not penalizing people for left over ornaments around the tree. We weren't told there was a specific editing rectangle that would show up everything within it so I'll not mark anyone down for stuff left behind. It's the tree itself that matters.

well, this may be harsh, but while i was decorating my tree, i noticed that items would only become transparent when you moved them out of that "rectangle" and so i determined that if left there, they would show up. i just don't think it was that hard to "get it" and i didn't have to check the forum for it, so it didn't matter *for me* that no one made an announcement about it. however, i do know that many DCers are teens and even younger children. my own 3 and 6 year olds like to catch eggs every once in a blue moon, so they have their own scroll. but they didn't decorate a tree, if they had, i know they wouldn't have noticed about the rectangle issue. but odds are, had they decorated a tree, i wouldn't look that great anyways, because they're SO young, so it wouldn't have gotten very good votes regardless!!!

OH, and go to my scroll, look at my tree. there is one little thing of lights showing at the top. i thought it was out, i was wrong. i'm not penalizing for things like THAT. but to have garlands or the big string of lights right next to/ half ON the tree is NOT acceptable!! *in MY opinion*

I'm feeling a bit stupid, but where can we rate trees and how to get there? I know where, but that isn't specific enough for my feeble brain sad.gif