TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

On the fifth day of Christmas I rang the bells on my tree^^

I have no idea what the white thingy is??

~Xylr

The white thing you're asking about are most likely the knitted baby boots.

I wonder if we can view the scores on our trees?

Personally, I wouldn't care much about the scores, because those are subjective, but only about whether I pass on to the next round. :B

Edited by lightbird

I would only be interested in scores to estimate my chance of going into the next round.

Don't imply that I'm paranoid about of other peoples opinions :/

Will ornaments placed away from the vicinity of the tree be counted as off or on the tree? What do we do with ornaments we don't want to use?

If you drag the ornaments far away enough from the tree, they will become paler to you and invisible to other users during the judging. I *think* that as long as the ornaments are completely opaque, others can see them, but I'm not 100% sure…

Edited by Sunrise

I am very pleased. After viewing the newest ornaments that are available a theme actually popped into my head! I have somewhere to go with this now! Yes!

From the way TJ explained it in the first post, you will go to the main site (dragcave.net) and click a link at the top to vote for trees. Then ONE tree with show up, and you rank it 1-10, after you rank it, another shows up. Similar to how you review descriptions now. You won't know who your voting for, and the tree owner won't know who voted for them. I do have 1 question though:

If your tree is submitted, will there be anyway to check your votes? Like your average rating, or how many votes, or anything? I don't mean WHO voted, but the status, or maybe your ranking overall to know if your even close to the top 200?

relaks,

Yes, I'm sure that would be possible. But there will be HUNDREDS of trees and hundreds of voters, plus some people will sit here and vote all day long just to look at the different trees (I know I will lol). I think because of the randomization each tree should be viewed somewhat equally, but there is no guarantee.

There will be THOUSANDS of trees, lol.

No idea how many are currently being decorated, or will be by the time the contest proper begins, but I believe it was a couple of days into the contest when someone quoted TJ as saying that around 10,000 trees were being decorated at that point.

I'm wondering what happens if some trees aren't voted on at all, lol, though only 50 of the lot will be eligible for a dragon, so there's not much point in most of us worrying about our odds.

We do have our trees and ornaments to play with.

The hope of being selected is just something extra.

And my hope is that we can all have fun with this, without unrealistic expectations of winning setting us up for disappointment, and sincerely wish each other the best of luck, as I'd like to do right now.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get this message when going to their tree?

Error

Sorry, a database error has occurred

:-\

Error

Sorry, a database error has occurred

Yeah, that happened to me, too. Just refresh the page and everything should be okay. It doesn't always happen; just this morning it happened to me.

Edited by PieMaster

I can see mine fine too.

I'm going to wait until all the ornaments are available before I start decorating. The new decorations appear on my tree all the time and I sometimes can't find them all happy.gif;

Urgh this is going to make me really anxious. Contests always mess me up.

I might just do good, though! I don't have any crazily original ideas, but I think my tree is being decorated nicely.

I like this contest idea. I hope I get an honorable mention (not holding my breath, though tongue.gif ) My fav. ornament so far is the bird; reminds me of the cardinal we put on our tree every year biggrin.gif My other fav is the snowglobe (yay! I finally has a holly! laugh.gif )

Let's just hope ppl rate fairly.

Do we get a special message or something if we enter the top 200?

Haha I went on at like, 6 yesterday RIGHT after my friend left.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but are you allowed to ask for leetle trees?

I hope you can ask for a leetle if you win because I don't think I'll find one in the cave. I think you can ask for one, but Im not sure.

~Xylr

You know what? That tree is too small for all the pretty things! We're only four days in and I already can't get everything in the way I want! xd.png

Nah, it's totally cool. Really COOL! Yay for the Dragon Cave holidays! biggrin.gif

Sorry if this has been answered before, but are you allowed to ask for leetle trees?

* Honorable Mention winners can ask for: Any egg currently available in the cave (or via breeding), frills, Guardians of Nature, Holiday Dragons (Including Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, but not Valentines, Sweetlings, or Black Marrows), and vampires.

* Honorable Mention winners can not ask for: Prize dragons, bright pinks, "XD" or "<3" eggs, non-Christmas Event Dragons (Except vampires), dragons for which you are already at the limit, Neglected eggs, or Zombies (they don't have eggs to begin with).

That's... odd. Could Leetle Trees be considered Holiday dragons? Or among the non-available ones, because technically they never outgrow the egg stage and thus could be considered like the "XD" and "<3" eggs?

Edited by lightbird

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. .__.

@Mew__1: Yeah, that happened to me before. I clicked the back button to my scroll, refreshed, and clicked the tree again. It was fine.

It seems like I get that the first time I go to check my tree each day, but refreshing or going back and clicking the link again clears it up. Considering how many people say they haven't had problems, maybe it's an IE issue?