TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I heard on IRC that there were over 8000 trees entered.

Only that many? D: Oh well, at least I won't get sick of it now that I know there's only so few XP

I saw a tree with ornaments shaped like a snake, and a tree with ornaments shaped like a flying bird, possibly a phoenix. Fascinated with such creativity, I just had to give them 10s. Good job! xd.png

ik what your saying it just kinda ruins it when i see really good creative trees and then i come on here and ppl complain about them cause "theres to much". it just seem kinda lame that people voted neg. cause some were overdone

Well, that's the key word right there - overdone. Not done, but overdone. It's just too much.

But that doesn't count the same for all the trees; I gave a very busy tree an 8 because it wasn't messy, but nicely coordinated.

ik what your saying it just kinda ruins it when i see really good creative trees and then i come on here and ppl complain about them cause "theres to much". it just seem kinda lame that people voted neg. cause some were overdone

I don't think so. I think people will vote for the trees they like, and that is how voting works.

this is taking forever i wish we could see 4 or so trees at at time lol oh well goes back to voting while i eat my soup

I wish I go go back and rearrange my ornaments in the present section. I didn't think about where they were is presents much before and now I feel like it could make my tree look a lot better. Oh well.

Here is the thing. I don't really know what real christmas trees look like. I am not seeing these and thinking "oh, that reminds me of a big family tree" I am thinking "way to much stuff." For me I am not assessing, does this looks like a christmas tree, I am assessing, how does this look on the screen.

ik everyone has there opinion and judge dif but im just sayin.... not all cluttered trees are bad

this is taking forever i wish we could see 4 or so trees at at time lol oh well goes back to voting while i eat my soup

I know, right? The page often takes way too long to load.

Also, I don't take kindly to you eating me. tongue.gif

ik everyone has there opinion and judge dif but im just sayin.... not all cluttered trees are bad

Not all are, true. But I really hate trees that are covered with ornaments for the most part. I just escaped that in real life this year, so it just brings back memories of my sister whining and hitting me because my older sister and I wanted a less cluttered tree.

I don't think so. I think people will vote for the trees they like, and that is how voting works.

ik it just kinda gets me paranoid cause i used all the ornaments but put a lot of thought n creativity into it and now ppl are saying there gunna vote low just cause it has alot.png of ornaments

OMG, question mark egg tree.

Is THAT what it was ???? blink.gif

Well I am voting on 1) creativity 2) amount of decorations and 3) style

LOL basically if I would like it in my home and yes we can get a bit outlandish at times on our tree

Not all are, true. But I really hate trees that are covered with ornaments for the most part. I just escaped that in real life this year, so it just brings back memories of my sister whining and hitting me because my older sister and I wanted a less cluttered tree.

ya i get it im takin down the post cause now ppl wanna complain about it.

CLUTTERED trees are. Full trees may not be biggrin.gif

ik it just kinda gets me paranoid cause i used all the ornaments but put a lot of thought n creativity into it and now ppl are saying there gunna vote low just cause it has alot.png of ornaments

Sorry, but yeah, I probably will. Unless of course you have a cluttered tree but something ties it all together. I am sorry you put so much work in to it and then I will probably rate it low, but there is no way I can know how much time you spent, hence I can only judge what I see.

So long as you're consistent, it doesn't really matter how harshly or liberally you vote, because everything's averaged. Sure, some tree could in theory get presented to only harsh or only liberal voters, but given the sheer number of trees and people voting, I don't think that's very likely. True randomness is very good at making things even.

Sorry, but yeah, I probably will. Unless of course you have a cluttered tree but something ties it all together. I am sorry you put so much work in to it and then I will probably rate it low, but there is no way I can know how much time you spent, hence I can only judge what I see.

ik and i did do some stuff to make it stick out but it kinda sucks cause i want a silver egg n now ppl are like "no u have to much we hate ur tree >xP"

Voting is based on personal preference guys.

For example

Me I like traditional trees so those are getting higher votes than the picture trees from me.

It's all a matter of personal preference when it comes down to voting. :3

Good luck to all!

Edited by Reidragon

LMFAO I just saw a tree with "arms"!! Voted 10 because it made me laugh.

I saw that tree (or at least another arm tree) I voted 7 because on mine the main tree made my eyes hurt.

What you seem to be missing, or ignoring here are two things 1) there are THOUSANDS of trees so to say the trees YOU like are being spoken negatively about on the forums is false as you don't know WHICH trees are actually being seen by the people here and 2) an eyesore is an eyesore.

It doesn't matter what the person who decorated had in mind really because none of us are psychic and know, what DOES matter is "what does this tree actually look like on the screen". If a person's initial reaction is OH DEAR GOD MY EYES! Then obviously that person should not be giving that tree a 10.

I'm not sitting here going from MY EYES!!! to hmmm what was this person's motivation in creating...THIS. And then proceeding to give them a higher vote as a result.

Voting is purely subjective. Period. If you like the "OVERdone" trees, then you are more than welcome to give every last one of them a 10. Just like those of us that DON'T like the overdone trees are free to give them 1s or 3s or whatever we want.

While I understand that people are upset that the style of tree they created (like "overdone") isn't getting rave reviews, I think it's rather pointless and annoying to continually come into the forums trying to explain why you like the "so many ornaments you can't see the tree" style. I tend to give them anywhere from a 1-5 depending on if there's some kind of order to the chaos, but the more I see people trying to nag people into giving higher marks for these trees the less likely I am to go easy on them in voting. You're just shooting yourselves in the foot here people. Stop the nagging and just let people vote for the trees how THEY see fit, not how YOU see fit.

LMFAO I just saw a tree with "arms"!! Voted 10 because it made me laugh.

I think I saw that one too 8) I voted an eight because of the arms, loosing two points for clutterness.

I really, really like the tree = 10

Blank/everysingle ornament on in a jumbled mess (or didn't decorate at all) = 1

I give most trees between a 5 and an 9 based on how the ornaments were organized.

I give trees that aren't even trying to be a tree between a 2 and 4 unless I'm extremely, extremely impressed. Why? Because this is a tree decorating event!

I guess you could say I'm a conservative tree decorator? xd.png

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just showing my preference like others do theirs! smile.gif

ik and i did do some stuff to make it stick out but it kinda sucks cause i want a silver egg n now ppl are like "no u have to much we hate ur tree >xP"

Only most people aren't doing that. They don't like cluttered or messy trees, yes, but they can appreciate full trees, that make good use of many ornaments.

I'm not quite understanding how to rate trees and see ratings.