TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I used everything but the silver eagle and star. It's a gaudy tree but I like it. biggrin.gif

hmm I wanna see how you managed to pull that off.

Allright! Ive been working really hard on this xd.png but when i finished my tree and hit the submit button, my tree went back to what it was before i decorated it D: do you think it went through nice or as a plain tree with barly an ordament on it sad.gif seing as i put a lot of work into it, i wouldnt want it to happen to someone else.

abbot11, if you can't click enable javascript

Allright! Ive been working really hard on this xd.png but when i finished my tree and hit the submit button, my tree went back to what it was before i decorated it D: do you think it went through nice or as a plain tree with barly an ordament on it sad.gif seing as i put a lot of work into it, i wouldnt want it to happen to someone else.

When you submit the tree, it just solidifies you as a contestant. After that, you can continue changing your tree as many times as you want until they're locked. However you change it will be how it shows up in the voting.

just submitted mine) it's such a thrill xd.png it would be awesome to win something!

Heh! After I submitted my tree, I just had to go click that "more popcorn garland and Christmas lights" thingy. I actually thought I'd get the popcorn and lights on the side of my tree, instead, they got thrown onto the tree in friggin clumps...so, I had to go and redo the whole tree huh.gif

This was good fun! I used real ornaments as present tags this year and did a similar thing with this comp (there were just too many gorgeous little things!). Mine is simple, but warm- like my Christmas. I'm curious to see what others have come up with! smile.gif

Thanks again to all involved- this interactive edge is very cool. smile.gif

Got my tree the way I wanted it, hit submit and everything stayed in place. Now to leave it alone and not fidgit with it. (Yeah, like that is going to be easy to do?!) Went for the old fashioned style since that was what I was raised with. But it took a while for me to pick through the ornaments to see which ones I wanted on the tree.

*grins* Not sure what I OCDed over more, putting the tree together...or carefully putting away the ornaments I wasn't using in neat little stacks...People would have a laugh at how neatly the sidelines are organized on the brown background. (I think that's what kept me from tearing my poor tree to bits and pieces honestly. Glad it's not a living breathing tree, or else there would be needles all over.)

Over all I had fun. I might still end up tweaking bits of it over the next day...who knows? But it has been fun. And, getting to toss dragons on as tree toppers is cool. Now if I could find something like those in real life...*ponders* (So far the only cool dragons I've found in real life that would make great tree toppers are those lovely, but heavy, statues...my real life tree would nose dive off of it's table if I did that. So, I'll keep looking.)

I wish everyone the best of luck, and hope you all had fun too. (or are still having fun with the editing.)

I add my tree, let`s see if I am able to win something, but it was fun to decorade it. smile.gif

I used everything but the silver eagle and star. It's a gaudy tree but I like it. biggrin.gif

It's impressive you managed to fit all of those disparate ornaments on your tree.

Erk... I submitted one, but its gone back to what it was before I submitted it. D: Do I have to RE-decorate it for it to be how I want in the voting? Dx (Because, if so, thats gonna be a pain in the rump.)

Got mine all ready to go, pretty much. I think it'll be nice if people see what I was trying to do with it... otherwise, I'm out of luck. xd.png I've done the best I can on it, though, and I've submitted, so I at least have something that works for the contest.

I did the best I can. I posted images of it in a lot of webpages (forums, taringa, etc) in spanish. I said: "hey, can you rate it with a number from 1 to 10?"

Result: everybody 10. and they weren't friends (not all of them)

So, I'm happy. I used most of the ornaments, I was original but traditional at the same time. I hope I will be on the 200 finalist... smile.gif

or have a very good mark at the end... n.n

Good luck people!!!!!!!!!!

--------

I am not going to vote something "fun". I will vote something "nice", "pretty". Yea, the most pretty tree (at least for me) will be my tree, but there will be another trees differents and prettys (not my style, but prettys) and I will vote 10/10 for them. I really hope that people will do the same...

wink.gif

Edited by -Rinikka-

Erk... I submitted one, but its gone back to what it was before I submitted it. D: Do I have to RE-decorate it for it to be how I want in the voting? Dx (Because, if so, thats gonna be a pain in the rump.)

Yeah, you do. There was a glitch, and for several hours nothing was saved. Sorry about that. sad.gif

Edited by bionelly

ok... I just re-decorated... again... and re-submitted... Again... and again, my tree is back to its crappy self. What am I doing wrong? It takes me ages to do it the way I want it, and Im starting to become...(a nice way... a nice way) upset...

I can't wait to start voting. *rubs hands together* I wonder how many trees are going to be submitted? Also, I wonder if I can vote for them all? That'll be a challenge. :3

I can't wait to start voting. *rubs hands together* I wonder how many trees are going to be submitted? Also, I wonder if I can vote for them all? That'll be a challenge. :3

user posted image

ahahah

yea, it will be. and it will be a great hobbie if you are bored!!!!! biggrin.gif

I can't wait to see other trees. I hope I will be original with my tree xd.png

How do I know if it is actually submitted? It's still there, and I can still edit it.

If you click the submit button again, it should say "Your tree has already been submitted to the contest. You may continue to decorate your tree until the end of the editing period on January 8 at midnight EST."

I JUST NOW realized that the little red thingy is a "Dyno-byte" xd.png

*sigh* My tree is kinda boring...I add more stuff, then think to myself "it looks too crowded" then take stuff of...then it looks boring again D: *headdesk*

I've finished mine, now I just have to keep my itchy fingers off of it! When the voting starts, can we see how our tree is doing, or do we have to wait until the end?