TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

5+10+15 adds up to 30 winners, and 20 honorable mentions.

Oh yeah, I guess it does:) I read it as 10+15+20, I missed the 5 first place winners part.

Very nice! Thank you for putting all of this together for us! As always, you continue to amaze and delight us all! smile.gif

Leaves a VERY LARGE plate of more fresh baked cookies, and another large plate of chocolate fudge!

Wow, I see some good and bad things that will become of this. 5 Dragons that now will become super rare. Well I wish everyone luck, and can we honestly promise to vote how we feel, not just negative vote everyone to increase your own chances of winning??

Will the winners be able to choose codes? The thing about the code requests is under the stuff about Honorable Mentions.

Also, will the same prize dragons be used in further hypothetical competitions, or will a new type be made for each competition?

I am so, so excited. Decorating the tree is fun on it's own, but a chance to win a special dragon (and the Honorable mention dragons are special too!) is awesome, no matter how slim the chance.

Question! If someone asked for a Holly would it be influence-able like current Hollies are, or would it be male, like all the original CBs?

Thanks for clearing up the rules though!

Awesome! This is gonna be fun, win or lose. xd.png But I have to agree with a few people. I'd go for the honorable mention xd.png

This is AWESOME. I'm hoping I can come up with something that is creative enough to get a few good votes. xd.png

Oh, and how would anyone vote? Will they have to come onto your scroll? Because People who will be active on the forums will probably get a lot more votes than someone who doesn't just because of the easy access to the scroll.

I'm curious about actually decorating... when we decorate (and rate) the tree what are the boundaries? Will voters only see what's on the tree or is there a large boundary around it? While decorating now I'm not sure where I can put ornaments or leave ornaments I don't want on the tree.

Ornaments placed outside the boundaries should be faded out on FF and Chrome, dunno about IE.

Your boundaries are the rectangular box around the tree; anything outside the 256px-wide area won't show up (and anything above and below the boundaries automatically moves back inside)

I'm curious about actually decorating... when we decorate (and rate) the tree what are the boundaries? Will voters only see what's on the tree or is there a large boundary around it? While decorating now I'm not sure where I can put ornaments or leave ornaments I don't want on the tree.

When you drag ornaments enough outside the decorating area, they fade. When they're faded like that, they won't be able to be seen by anyone but you.

Edit: ninja.gif'd by TJ >u>

Edited by Mustangs44

Yes! Breedable! Woooooooo!

(It would be silly for me to win a dragon and then not be able to breed any for other people, now wouldn't it? xd.png)

What I really can't wait for is to see other people's trees.

QUESTION

I understand the prize dragons are breedable but can they produce their own species or will the baby always be the other parent?

Like if you breed it with a white could you get the exclusive dragon egg or would you always get a white dragon egg?

QUESTION

I understand the prize dragons are breedable but can they produce their own species or will the baby always be the other parent?

Like if you breed it with a white could you get the exclusive dragon egg or would you always get a white dragon egg?

"Gold prize dragons can breed more gold prize dragons, silver can breed more silver, bronze can breed more bronze."

Cool! So people will vote on everyone else's. Wouldn't that make it unfair though, with people voting lower on people's so their score can be higher?

Awesome news. It'd be kinda cool to win one of the prize dragons. But, I'd be happy with honarable mention.

~ off to decorate tree.

Let's see how I do. smile.gif

Cool! So people will vote on everyone else's. Wouldn't that make it unfair though, with people voting lower on people's so their score can be higher?

I would hope people will be fair. I know I will. smile.gif

Edited by kearlighed

Ooh, awesome. Thanks, TJ!

*leaves brownies for TJ and all those decorating trees*

"Gold prize dragons can breed more gold prize dragons, silver can breed more silver, bronze can breed more bronze."

-facepalms-

How did I miss that xP

Thanks xd.png