PACMANnot

Quirky/Odd Habits

Sometimes I find myself about to put something unedible into the fridge. A pencil, for example.

With my right hand, sometimes I rub the pinkie finger against the ring finger, usually unknowingly. Problem is, once I start it, I find it impossible to stop.

I tried doing it deliberately right now to see if it's still a problem, and it still is. I'm going to have a hard time stopping today.

When I run and then jump on to the bed, I jump up like I'm doing a cannonball and change midair into a leapfrog position, then sort of leapfrog to a stop on my bed.

In my mind when ever speaking or typing or writing(any form of communication) i tend to say the word of punctuation. For example when i am thinking i'll do something like

"We need paper towels comma milk comma cereal comma and rabbit food PERIOD"

someone tell me that there is at least one other person who does this...

I have the habit of moving my hands uncontrollably when I speak(and cursing people mentally).

Edited by Hazel360

I've been informed that it is not normal to sit on your chair with the feet on the seat (either cross-legged or with the knees drawn up like L on death note). I've always preferred to sit like that where possible, feels normal to me...

I've been informed that it is not normal to sit on your chair with the feet on the seat (either cross-legged or with the knees drawn up like L on death note). I've always preferred to sit like that where possible, feels normal to me...

I do that too, when nobody's around...

I thought I was the only one who did that! Others tell me it's uncomfortable or weird, but I think it's fine.

Many times I tend to pat my phone against my cheeks/lower jaw when I'm talking with my friends and considering something (and the phone is in my hand at the moment). I think it's a bit bizarre x'D

Edited by Paddlefoot

I'm a guy and I do this. I also sit on one leg and put the other up. It gets really weird when people notice and ask me how.

Like what dustpuppy said, I tend to sit curled up with my knees to my chest.

I also jiggle my leg whenever I sit normally.

I always sit with my feet on the chair seat... Oops? Usually in what we used to call "Indian style", but a little tighter so my legs are almost under my butt. .... It's comfortable!

I still sleep with stuffed animals, and one in particular I tend to bite on her right-front paw a lot. Only that paw. And I've had this stuffed animal for so long that the paw is sort of permanently deformed because of my chewing on it, even running it through the washer doesn't help.

Is it considered quirky/odd to repeatedly recite specific parts of a poem when I'm anxious? This poem is literally 12 pages long, but I favor certain parts over others and have memorized a good chunk of it, and when I'm feeling anxious I'll just recite those parts over and over and over.

I always sit with my feet on the chair seat... Oops? Usually in what we used to call "Indian style", but a little tighter so my legs are almost under my butt. .... It's comfortable!

I still sleep with stuffed animals, and one in particular I tend to bite on her right-front paw a lot. Only that paw. And I've had this stuffed animal for so long that the paw is sort of permanently deformed because of my chewing on it, even running it through the washer doesn't help.

Is it considered quirky/odd to repeatedly recite specific parts of a poem when I'm anxious? This poem is literally 12 pages long, but I favor certain parts over others and have memorized a good chunk of it, and when I'm feeling anxious I'll just recite those parts over and over and over.

I do this, too. It's actually not comfortable for me. My foot falls asleep after a while, but I'm so used to it...

And I'm even more uncomfortable with both feet on the ground. I automatically want to bounce one of my legs and then the other person sitting at the desk gets mad because I'm moving the table

No feeling in feet is preferable.

Also, not weird at all. Just means you like poetry like me. I've sat down and memorized poetry just for the fun of it from time to time.

I have a habit of stroking my left cheek, which my mother has told me is odd. xd.png

i refer to myself as "we" when i talk

not due to any psychological illnesses, ive just always said "we" instead of "i". "we're going to the shoppe", "we're going to bed", "oh, we love that!"

i dont do it so much online, but i do it quite a bit irl

i've gotten better at not doing it around not-family tho

i cut locks of hair off when i get bored

i pick the skin off my hands and feet when im anxious

when i knew sign language more fluently, i'd sign along to my sentences around friends. nowadays i just start to finger-spell words against my thighs as i walk, when i get anxious, or when im bored

my legs are almost always bent when sitting or laying down; i cant stand fully extending my legs- hurts my knees

there's a little notch in my right k9 tooth that i pick at absentmindedly

im sure there's more i cant remember rn

I pick skin off my feet too. Don't know why, just sort of always done it.

And the sign language thing reminded me: I have a habit of staring at people's lips when they talk, and I've been told repeatedly that it's weird or makes someone uncomfortable. It's just something I've automatically done ever since I was a kid and used to read lips frequently. I have no reason to actually read lips now, but I guess the habit never went away.