PACMANnot

Quirky/Odd Habits

Saying you're "crazy" is right up there, too. "I did something slightly unusual today, HAHA I'M SO CRAZY AND INSANE! LOOK HOW SPECIAL AND AMAZING I AM." Hey, thanks for making fun out of people who actually suffer from insanity. Mental handicaps sound like jokes, now. Seriously.

that is so true about the "WOO IM CRAZY" part,considering for one thing,most people DONT get sugar rushes,they just act like it,it annoys me,and i hate how people "act" crazy or hyperactive,i for one would understand what hyperactive is,considering i have ADHD

but anyways one my quirky habits,i am a semi-completionist,like in video games i will not go ahead until i get perfect,most of the time,other times i can just go on ahead,i also hate the sounds of Styrofoam rubbing on Styrofoam

that is so true about the "WOO IM CRAZY" part,considering for one thing,most people DONT get sugar rushes,they just act like it,it annoys me,and i hate how people "act" crazy or hyperactive,i for one would understand what hyperactive is,considering i have ADHD

I have ADHD as well, and people are surprised at the absolute stark difference between me on my Adderall and me off of my Adderall, and I honestly hate myself when I'm not on my Adderall because I simply cannot think calmly at all, so the people whom say they are 'random' or 'hyperactive' just because you've done something random... You have no idea what it really feels like to 'really' be hyperactive/do things on a whim without meaning to.

Back on topic: Another little pet peeve that I have is when people sneak up on me, you have no idea how much that P.O's me.

Well, I hate anyone standing or walking behind me. It doesn't matter whether I can see them or not, if I know they're behind me. I constantly check over my shoulder to keep an eye on them, as if I'm afraid they're going to attack or steal from me. My parents keep getting on my case about that, and dragging me in front of them, which only makes it worse. I also sometimes get a feeling that someone's behind me even if they aren't, and once again, I keep checking to make sure no one's behind me.

Pretty much this. I also act paranoid about my computer. I freak out if someone's behind me and I'm using a computer, or if I leave my computer running if I leave the room. The thought of someone getting on my computer and reading my personal files terrifies me. No, that's not an exaggeration.

Pretty much this. I also act paranoid about my computer. I freak out if someone's behind me and I'm using a computer, or if I leave my computer running if I leave the room. The thought of someone getting on my computer and reading my personal files terrifies me. No, that's not an exaggeration.

Same. People have done that to me before, so it's not unjustified. That and I have a ton of stuff I'd REALLY never want anyone to run across on here...

my habit is that I always start tapping on stuff with my hands.

I play the drums so that kinda why but it's anoying xd.png

~Xylr

Yep, I understand that. I am the same, although I wouldn't say there was anything on my computer that would make me feel embarrassed if anyone took a look. It's just that my computer is personal to me, almost in the same way that a diary would be. If anyone stands behind me I stop what I am doing and I do not leave the screen on if I leave me desk - even at work.

Yep, I understand that.  I am the same, although I wouldn't say there was anything on my computer that would make me feel embarrassed if anyone took a look.  It's just that my computer is personal to me, almost in the same way that a diary would be.  If anyone stands behind me I stop what I am doing and I do not leave the screen on if I leave me desk - even at work.

Same here. I lock my laptop's screen whenever I leave the desk, if anyone else is at home, even if it's just to pee. tongue.gif

Edited by lightbird

Yep, I understand that. I am the same, although I wouldn't say there was anything on my computer that would make me feel embarrassed if anyone took a look. It's just that my computer is personal to me, almost in the same way that a diary would be. If anyone stands behind me I stop what I am doing and I do not leave the screen on if I leave me desk - even at work.

Exactly the same for me, except I DO have some embarrassing things on here that I could get in trouble for. Not legally, but I mean stuff my parents wouldn't like finding.

I do the ROY G. BIV thing as well. I hate colors that are pinkish-purple because I cannot figure out where to sort them. In the few months I've been on DC I've custom color coded my scroll I don't know how many times.

I correct people, but I've never actually considered that a quirk... Not for spelling, I'm a horrible speller, but other stuff.

I considered myself "weird" before it was cool. I needed a better word for unique, and it was available at the time. Another quirk;I need to be different.

I will also talk to random strangers. Just people I've never met and will probably never meet again...

I do the ROY G. BIV thing as well. I hate colors that are pinkish-purple because I cannot figure out where to sort them. In the few months I've been on DC I've custom color coded my scroll I don't know how many times.

I correct people, but I've never actually considered that a quirk... Not for spelling, I'm a horrible speller, but other stuff.

I considered myself "weird" before it was cool. I needed a better word for unique, and it was available at the time. Another quirk;I need to be different.

I will also talk to random strangers. Just people I've never met and will probably never meet again...

Just curious - how old are you? I don't mean to be insulting, it's just that among younger people, the desire to be unique is very common.

Better a late response than never.

Just curious - how old are you? I don't mean to be insulting, it's just that among younger people, the desire to be unique is very common.

I'm refusing to answer that, but suffice to say I've been this way since before I knew I wanted it. Most the 5 years olds I've met don't care about uniqueness, as far as I know.

I symmetrical-ize egg cartons. It has to be perfectly weighted and have the same number of eggs in every quarter. (or at least on each side.) I tend to have one less or one more egg for breakfast when it's an odd number. tongue.gif

I have to do everything 4 times... It gets hard sometimes...

Shower 4 times in a row, brush hair/teeth 4 times in a row, tie my shoes 4 times in a row...

I think you all get the jist.,.

This thread is relevant to my interests.

That said, I really, really, really hate it when people arrange chairs crooked, and I've been known to stop and straighten the rows out at my Friday night group. I also feel like my entire day is off when I don't start it with drinking something hot (typically herbal tea now).

edit: also arranging things in certain orders. I don't care at all about most things, but when I'm drawing or something, I have to arrange all 300+ of my coloured pencils in rainbow sequence first.

Edited by dragon_mando

If I see a picture frame on a wall that is not straight I will straighten it if I can reach it, and the same with the cutlery next to my plate. People always laugh at that, as I'm a quite messy person concerning anything else.

edit: also arranging things in certain orders. I don't care at all about most things, but when I'm drawing or something, I have to arrange all 300+ of my coloured pencils in rainbow sequence first.

ohgod. this. D: i love rainbow-ordered things. if i can help it, anything that comes in more than one color must be rainbow sorted.

other than that, i dont really have much obsession now. but my parents tell me that when i was little, i was severely OCD with certain procedures. like, before i would accept any milk bottle, i had to go through a certain, very specific procedure with my baby blanket before i would drink. i dont remember how it went of course, but my parents made it sound strange. O.o

It's weird, but every time there's a column ahead of me when I'm walking, I'll have a sudden urge to walk around the left side of it, but I tell myself I'm being silly and I got around the right side, then it starts bothering me so much I'll walk back to the column and finally go around the left side.

Same thing when there's multidoors to a building etc.

Another thing I hate is when people watch me. I don't care if they think I'm attractive or are just observing, I hate it. :/ I get all nervous and can't shake off the feeling of their eyes on my back, and I start acting shy and clumsy. Sometimes I feel like I should confront them. OTL

I think I'm borderline OCD about CERTAIN things. Like on a desk, I'll make all the pencils parallel with the book, the book lined up with the table... and it goes on. It bugs the HECK out of me till I fix it. Only about certain things though.

I'm also borderline OCD about certain things. I'm constantly straightening things and arranging them on desks - especially stacks of paper or books or whatever else.

Ditto on the rainbow-ordering of things. People can always tell when I've done the displays at the bookstore because mine are always very rainbow in sequence. It makes me twitch when there's one colour out of order in the sequence too XP

I always, ALWAYS like having straight edges for some reason...It bothers me if a book s are stacked up and they are crooked.

And i have Aspergers and ADHD so i have a lot of strange habits...

.such as getting freaked out if i can't find this certain shirt i wanted to wear today or scooting across the room when people get in my personal space.

I scratch my head when I don't know what the appropriate thing to say would be in a certain situation. My hand just kind of drifts upwards. I also think that I nod a bit too vigorously when a teacher speaks to me.. huh.gif I can't stand crooked desks, they must be straight - I enjoy straightening them. Volume must also go up in fives, because fives are a good number.

I'm sure I have a lot of little habits other people notice but I don't. Anyway, let's see...

I sometimes repeat the last word that other people said after they say it

When eating french fries, I don't eat one of the end tips of the fry. I have certain ways of eating a lot of food. Like the order in which I take bites if I'm eating more than one thing at the same time. I hate food anyway.

My sister says I talk in a weird accent when I get really mad. I dunno if that's a a habit, but she says it is so blame her.

Edited by wolfclaw

Quite a few.

On duty I have several habits; if I leave the post I tell the people there to 'not kill anyone' while I'm gone, and if someone else goes I'll tell them 'don't bring back any friends.' And don't you dare cross days off my calender until the following day, or you will kill someone that day. And don't say the Q-word ('quiet') to describe a duty until well after it has finished.

As for the rest, Amerylis can probably list them.