Bitterhawk

Holly Poll Who has what?

What proportion of people own a Holly  

1,035 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have no holly, but it's my first christmas on DC and I was egg locked with the previous christmas dragons most of the days. Yesterday I was hunting for a holly and saw about 7 on the AP (and was too slow).

On Christmas I will have only a slow internet connection so I probably won't catch one then.

I will try to get one next year smile.gif

I finally got a Holly! Turns out no one thought this Holly was worth a CB Gold - just one CB Gold. wow. When I see what other folks are demanding for theirs it kinda blows my mind.

I've been spending huge swaths of time on the AP trying to catch a holly and no luck. I've got a bunch of things to do today for my mother's birthday and tomorrow is my birthday so I know I won't be able to sit and refresh all day after this afternoon.

Oh well. There's always next year. Maybe I'll luck out and nab something valuable just before breeding starts next year and be able to trade.

A little tip for y'all: I have found that I see the majority of the Holly eggs in the AP later at night. (I'm Central Time, an hour behind Cave Time, and I'm talking 7pm and later.) I also find that the AP is less crowded then--200+ as opposed to nearly 500. So that will raise chances.

And on xmas eve and xmas day, troll the AP! If you can't find a Holly, chances are you'll find some good Rares anyway! I've managed to snag quite a few Tinsels from the AP this year, a few with really nice lineages!

Yesterday we had a w-lan party at my house, me, my kids and their friends all dragon cave fanatics, holly hunting. We caught apair of 2nd gen ribbons, SA and yule for each <3 And ony 1 holly, but that didn't matter since we were having so much fun biggrin.gif

user posted image Holly Hunters

not to be confused with

user posted image Holly Hunter

Edited by Renmiri

I just have my one that I managed to catch last year. I had an IOU for an offspring, but I only got ONE egg from my holly so I wasn't able to get a second one. dry.gif Looks like I gotta wait til next year.

Also, my future advice for next year: no holly IOU's. xd.png I still want my 2nd holly. lol

Holly breeding might take a little bit of a bump on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I know folks like to breed their dragons then, just to have that "Egg bred" date. Plus, past Christmas there's gonna be more people looking to the cave than the AP. Might have better luck then. :3

I'm counting on it. I don't have a holly, but I breed all of my non-IOU Xmases on Christmas for people who didn't have the egg slots or were to busy to get them earlier in the week.

In the mean time I'll be breeding my scroll for gifting groups. Maybe some good karma will help in the holly hunt.

A little tip for y'all: I have found that I see the majority of the Holly eggs in the AP later at night. (I'm Central Time, an hour behind Cave Time, and I'm talking 7pm and later.) I also find that the AP is less crowded then--200+ as opposed to nearly 500. So that will raise chances.

Thanks for the tip!

hollyitus-condition where affected simply can not stop refreshing the AP during Christmas breeding week to try and get a Holly. Many affected have reported that they are constantly saying 'Just one more minute of refreshing. What's the harm in that?' Only known cure is to gift them two Hollys.

I have that. Anyone care to gift me one more so I'm cured? tongue.gif

hollyitus-condition where affected simply can not stop refreshing the AP during Christmas breeding week to try and get a Holly. Many affected have reported that they are constantly saying 'Just one more minute of refreshing. What's the harm in that?' Only known cure is to gift them two Hollys.

I have it too. Personally, I want one holly of any lineage this year, and to work on making NDs to get an amazingly lineaged one next year.

If by some miracle I caught 2, I would probably gift one.

I guess that means my hollyitus isn't as severe. (You could cure me with only one holly xd.png )

Edited by aangs-sister

I think I have hollyitus too, we're all going to need one or two doses of holly dragon before the more extreme symptoms start.

Not sure about you guys, but listing to this song makes me crack up at how bad it is. It lightens the mood when you're holy hunting smile.gif

Still no holly for me yet, either! Last year I did get on someone's list but the holly refused, and now I don't have the PM about it anymore and can't remember who it was sad.gif

Ah well... I'll just keep hoping I'll get one, someday. I don't even care about lineage, a holly is a holly!

YESSSSSSSSS! I could trade one. Ok, it´s inbred but I don´t care. It´s a holly and a loooooove it wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Have all a merry Christmas

Congrats! I'm glad to see people are at least successfully able to trade for them if they can't catch one smile.gif

hollies has increased 100-200% last year, but I think they would still be rare. because the increasing new members and retired holly owner. I remember last year there are tons of backlog yulebucks and SAs in the AP, but now the eggs gone very fast, even with ribbon dancers

I wouldn't be suprised if people deliberately didn't breed them.

I would. I shall certainly breed mine next year. If I thought they would breed this year, I would do that too. But they are still hatchies just now. *hugs hollies, both gifts* People here are nicer than some people seem to think biggrin.gif

I've seen a lot more Hollies in the AP this year! And A lot more happy Holly-owners. biggrin.gif Next year will be my year to catch one, I can feel it. Hope I'm right! (With luck I'll have a faster connection by then, too.)

Edited by inlaterdays

I got one biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I was just on the AP, just kind of refreshing, not exactly 'trying', and I saw like 4 there! I instinctively clicked where my mouse was - the first spot on the page - and I actually got it biggrin.gif

I'm gonna hide it for 2 days, then hatch it. I'll for sure breed it next year smile.gif

I've got reflex clicking on everything but Hollies down to a fine art - it seems as if I see one, don't quite believe it, then it's gone laugh.gif

As long as I've been here, I still don't have one. But I did at least manage to actually lay my eyes on 3 in the AP this year so that is better than I've ever done! laugh.gif I still have time left to get one so maybe it will happen. I've left plenty of space for one and the new ones just in case. smile.gif *crosses fingers*

Congrats to those that caught one or managed to get one bred for you! Good luck to the rest that are still trying! biggrin.gif