Bitterhawk

Holly Poll Who has what?

What proportion of people own a Holly  

1,035 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree. I don't see people be generous to each other...

I even saw people trying to trade a holly for...other holly! this makes me really sad.

of course anyone can do what they want with their eggs,but I don't see any christmas spririt of gifting here.

I have seen exactly that Christmas spirit of generosity here.

I now have two hollies. I had "I wish I had a holly" in my sig all year, and people I don't even know here gifted them to me.

Don't diss the niceness of this forum. biggrin.gif

I haven't seen a holly all day, why do the dragon gods mock me so. That's a bunch of bs if the dragons who hatch and grow up within the breeding window can't breed, but last year during the valentines breeding season I got two 09 valentines from the ap and they grew up before the breeding period ended and I was able to breed them to produce more 09 valentines. If they don't have it like that for christmas than they should at least consider it for the hollies, i mean they're so few of them!

I haven't seen a holly all day, why do the dragon gods mock me so. That's a bunch of bs if the dragons who hatch and grow up within the breeding window can't breed, but last year during the valentines breeding season I got two 09 valentines from the ap and they grew up before the breeding period ended and I was able to breed them to produce more 09 valentines. If they don't have it like that for christmas than they should at least consider it for the hollies, i mean they're so few of them!

I don't know how; I tried that one and - no way. I thought that stopped in 2009.

I don't know how; I tried that one and - no way. I thought that stopped in 2009.

well it worked for me with the valentines last year, you can check the 09s on my scroll and their children if you don't believe me

Edited by skimboard808

well it worked for me with the valentines last year, you can check the 09s on my scroll and their children if you don't believe me

Same for me this year with my Sweetlings!

Still none for me.

Okay, so I finally did a little more checking into the breeding of the one I caught and it seems it's a bit inbred.  (Bear with--my eyes go all cross-y when I look at lineages.) 

I'm still hoping I'll be able to breed this one before the season is up but I'm not sure what kind of dragon I should breed it with based on  its lineage.  I'd love any suggestions.  Wasn't sure if there was a specific topic for this or not--I looked through the breeding forum but the topics seemed line-specific.  Help a Derp out?  wacko.gif

I saw two more hollies in the AP this morning.  Wasn't fast enough for either of them, but they ARE still dropping in the AP. 

And while I'm not going to do this, I have another question:  If I were to abandon the holly egg I picked up, would my "limit" for those revert back to zero, as there wouldn't be any on my scroll?  What if I were to release one of my grown up holidays--could I then grab a new egg of that dragon?

only inbred by the 2x appearing of No L, further no inbred,breed with purple, as that is what all the hollies are bred with

EDIT: not important but an dragon from my linage is related to this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/0tYc4

and that one is related to dorkface so mine is related to the grandmother of the wife of the grandson of Midas Dorkface

Edited by kasame10

I just caught a friggin holly! I feel kind of light headed right now, it seems unbelievable!

Despite having been here so long, I caught my first Holly within the first hour of this year's breeding/drop. I'm still stunned.

I'm too slow on ping. I'm from europe and i can't really catch them

they are just to fast for me

i didn't get gifted with one nor am i rich enough to trade for one

ah well, trolly <3

I caught my first today, after last year's failure and three days of obsessive hunting this year happy.gif

This is my third year trying to find one... and I still got hope against all odds (I am in Europe on an almost dial-up connection and have not even seen any on the AP). Then again, I do also continue trying to summon wink.gif

Edited by annejeanne

I haven't seen one at all in my hours of searching the past few days. Hoping to find one tomorrow when my newest batch of eggs hatch.

Seen 3 Holly's in AP so far. Missed them all. I've spent too many hours looking already, I hope I can get one soon rolleyes.gif

I don't have one yet. Haven't seen any in the AP, either. Hoping either I'll get really lucky and be able to catch one, or receive one from a very generous person who will breed theirs. sleep.gif

I don't have one yet.  Haven't seen any in the AP, either.  Hoping either I'll get really lucky and be able to catch one, or receive one from a very generous person who will breed theirs. sleep.gif

There are a lot of generous people on these forums, we can all hope that'll happen smile.gif

I'm too slow on ping. I'm from europe and i can't really catch them

they are just to fast for me

i didn't get gifted with one nor am i rich enough to trade for one

ah well, trolly <3

Mine if I use that? <: It's cute. n.n

I've been trying for three years. I've never seen one in the AP, and no one with a Holly would want to trade for what I have, sadly.

I doubt I'll ever get one, but I still try for a couple hours over the season before I get annoyed and give up.

I've seen a few in the AP but haven't been fast enough to grab them. My current plan is to see if I can figure out NDs then trade one for a Holly next year. (But I'm still hammering the refresh in the AP too! xd.png)

*thrusts holly hunting spear in the ground*

I have hunted the AP for hours. I have only seen four of those elusive eggs. I have tried very hard, but in vain. I will probably not succeed in my hunt this year. I can only hope that some generous soul will gift me one. But as of now, i believe i may retire from my hunt soon.

I even wrote a haiku in honor of my hunt.

"Christmas time is here,

I spend all my time hunting, user posted image

in search of Hollies."

I've seen one holly go through the AP page and naturally I was far too slow to catch it. I'm not optimistic in the least. I'll just have to accept the Holly being a breed I'll likely never own. 'A';

Edited by CaityG

I saw 9 holly eggs in the ap this year, but of course I failed at getting one. I am still sitting rather lamely in the ap hoping against all hope that I'll at least see one more. I suppose I should be content that I managed to catch two gen two ribbon dancers, 2 gen 2 snow angels and 2 gen 3 yulebucks, but still. *looks at holly dragons wistfully*

Well at least I stand a better chance next year, since I won't have to catch all the other breeds like I did this year and I suppose even SEEING 9 hollys was pretty good,

Edited by Valera