Bitterhawk

Holly Poll Who has what?

What proportion of people own a Holly  

1,035 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Saw at least a dozen Hollies not long after breeding started in the AP at various points within the first two hours. Clicked on at least 5 and all were snagged already. No luck so far this year.

That and saw someone lucky enough to be gifted one last night in chat.

Edited by Wandererbeta

I've seen a total of seven this year, one i actually had my clicker over and missed, three others came while i was scratching my nose, and three others where on the page when i came back from getting a drink *headesk*

I've seen three of them in the AP -- never under the spot where I was hovering, though. I did get one, but that was from a trade back in August. There is hope, even if it takes a long time.

I've seen quite a few of them last night and a few more earlier today. They all flashed before my eyes before I clicked. I think my biggest problem is not my internet, it's my reflexes. I have my mouse hovering over the first egg and my other hand is spamming F5 like there's no tomorrow. Then, when I finally see a holly, unfortunately my left hand is still spamming and it takes a while for me to click with my mouse.

I voted None before I caught any. :I

Managed to catch two this year. ^^

I caught one!!! biggrin.gif

Missed a lot of hollies though, including this 6

user posted image

OH MY GOD!!

SIX IN AP!!!

THAT IS SOMETHING!!!

I got my two Hollies yesterday from the AP. =)

On the first and second day of the event I saw lots of them in the AP (>50 within 3 hours). I didn't check today. Comparing this with the situation last year when I saw only 5 in the AP on a longer space of time... I don't think they will stay OMG!rare (except 2nd gens or special lineages perhaps).

Edited by kunigund

Congrats, kunigund, you must be a fast clicker! wink.gif

I voted "no" but later was gifted a beautiful (slightly messy, but clean lineaged) Holly by a very kind person. Now I try to trade for a second one (offered three tinsels and cb BSA pink egg) which I wanna gift to my son. He has no own forum account so I am on the safe side when I talk about it here. wink.gif

Edited by counselor

I finally got one yesterday! biggrin.gif

The owner of its parents has been trying to get me an egg for the 3rd year now, but previously, I could never catch the egg intended for me. sad.gif YAY for Teleport! I can't believe I finally have a Holly!!! biggrin.gif

(I hate that they're so rare - I love love love the sprite, have always loved it, and I think everyone should be able and allowed to have a hundred of them! xd.png)

Also, hurray for the other 3 people who got siblings to mine. smile.gif

And I'm so looking forward to spreading them around next year! tongue.gif

Edited by Lastalda

I finally got one yesterday! biggrin.gif

The owner of its parents has been trying to get me an egg for the 3rd year now, but previously, I could never catch the egg intended for me. sad.gif YAY for Teleport! I can't believe I finally have a Holly!!! biggrin.gif

(I hate that they're so rare - I love love love the sprite, have always loved it, and I think everyone should be able and allowed to have a hundred of them! xd.png)

Also, hurray for the other 3 people who got siblings to mine. smile.gif

And I'm so looking forward to spreading them around next year! tongue.gif

I am thrilled to say I caught one of his/her siblings! ^^ It's a lovely lineage; give your friend a big thank you from me as well. smile.gif

Congrats, kunigund, you must be a fast clicker! wink.gif

Thank you. =)

On the first day (Monday) with 400+ user watching the first egg position on the AP it was impossible. On Tuesday there were slightly less than 300 user refreshing the AP and that's usually ok.

I whish you all luck and hope you'll manage to catch/trade a Holly! smile.gif

I am thrilled to say I caught one of his/her siblings! ^^ It's a lovely lineage; give your friend a big thank you from me as well. smile.gif

Oh, cool! I'm glad at least one of the other catchers appreciates the lineage! biggrin.gif

I've been building that lineage together with her (or actually: I did the planning and juggled around the mates and so on, and she was so kind to let me xd.png).

I already have the mate waiting on my scroll. Look! wub.gif

Edited by Lastalda

I have one Holly. smile.gif It hatched just earlier tonight. It's not the best lineage, but it's not bad either. I'm happy. biggrin.gif I just hope I can catch another next year, hopefully with a really nice lineage!

Oh, cool! I'm glad at least one of the other catchers appreciates the lineage! biggrin.gif

I've been building that lineage together with her (or actually: I did the planning and juggled around the mates and so on, and she was so kind to let me xd.png).

I already have the mate waiting on my scroll. Look! wub.gif

Whoa...awesome! I'm sooo jealous of that mate! xd.png

I managed to get two this year

i nice even gen and a double spiral wub.gif thx for the lovely gifters

Okay, so I finally did a little more checking into the breeding of the one I caught and it seems it's a bit inbred. (Bear with--my eyes go all cross-y when I look at lineages.)

I'm still hoping I'll be able to breed this one before the season is up but I'm not sure what kind of dragon I should breed it with based on its lineage. I'd love any suggestions. Wasn't sure if there was a specific topic for this or not--I looked through the breeding forum but the topics seemed line-specific. Help a Derp out? wacko.gif

I saw two more hollies in the AP this morning. Wasn't fast enough for either of them, but they ARE still dropping in the AP.

And while I'm not going to do this, I have another question: If I were to abandon the holly egg I picked up, would my "limit" for those revert back to zero, as there wouldn't be any on my scroll? What if I were to release one of my grown up holidays--could I then grab a new egg of that dragon?

Ooh, that lineage seems pretty messy. I mean, a holly is still a HOLLY biggrin.gif, but I'm not sure you can do anything by breeding to improve that lineage, so I wouldn't worr overmuch about what to breed it with... tongue.gif

Except if you want to go at it real bad - then you could create an exact mirror until next year (substituting reds for the hollies, and maybe not repeating the inbreeding)... I'd kinda like to see that! biggrin.gif

As for your questions: yes, only dragons on your scroll count towards your limit. So if you abandon or release any holiday dragons, you are then able to catch a new one for the one you let go.

Thanks Lastalda! I don't know if I could mirror that lineage without borking it up further! I don't trust myself with that kind of task!! I'll mull on it a little. I was hoping it might be easier, like "hey, just use a caveborn XYZ and keep with the caveborn XYZ and the icky will eventually fall off." I'll put my rose-coloured glasses back in the drawer. Heh.

Still don't have one, and my prospects aren't great with no IOUs or catching speed, but I refuse to give up hope for this year until the last Holly hatchling grows up! It might be mine! laugh.gif

No holly here... and two possible trades for one didn't go through sad.gif

W00t! I managed to get one, someone offered me a clean 5th gen holly for 2 cb black hatchies! biggrin.gifwub.gif

Okay, so I finally did a little more checking into the breeding of the one I caught and it seems it's a bit inbred.  (Bear with--my eyes go all cross-y when I look at lineages.) 

I'm still hoping I'll be able to breed this one before the season is up but I'm not sure what kind of dragon I should breed it with based on  its lineage.  I'd love any suggestions.  Wasn't sure if there was a specific topic for this or not--I looked through the breeding forum but the topics seemed line-specific.  Help a Derp out?  wacko.gif

I saw two more hollies in the AP this morning.  Wasn't fast enough for either of them, but they ARE still dropping in the AP. 

And while I'm not going to do this, I have another question:  If I were to abandon the holly egg I picked up, would my "limit" for those revert back to zero, as there wouldn't be any on my scroll?  What if I were to release one of my grown up holidays--could I then grab a new egg of that dragon?

You won't be able to breed it this year. They are rigged that way. So you have time to think.

ETA and yes, if you dump one, you can grab another. It isn't like Guardians of Nature.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I still don't have any, but I'm not giving up :3 Congrats to those of you who caught theirs already smile.gif