Bitterhawk

Holly Poll Who has what?

What proportion of people own a Holly  

1,035 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nope. But every night I dream that a Holly will magically appear on my scroll. xd.png Although I've been hunting for two years now, I'm still in high hopes.

Yeah they did that in '09 to increase the Holly breeding pool by A LOT, because I guess there were only something like 78 breedable Hollies that came out of '08. I could be making that number up but in comparison to the number of people in the cave in general the number was insanely small.

Oh ok, I see. Thanks for letting me know! smile.gif

Voted 'yes', and I've been incredibly lucky to end up with two Hollies - a 2nd gen with a Bright Pink parent and a 5th gen with a beautiful lineage. The former was a grab from the AP, the latter part of an IOU. I can't wait until I can breed these beauties and spread the love. ^^;

I see so much negativity regarding these dragons. Calm down. It is inevitable that only a few will get them this year, but just think about next year. How many new holly owners there will be and how many more chances there will be. Just cheer up and look forward to the new holiday eggs and remember, next year there will be someone who wasn't on for this year's Holiday wanting those.

Voted 'yes', and I've been incredibly lucky to end up with two Hollies - a 2nd gen with a Bright Pink parent and a 5th gen with a beautiful lineage. The former was a grab from the AP, the latter part of an IOU. I can't wait until I can breed these beauties and spread the love. ^^;

The 5th gen is a grand-baby of mine, how funny. ^.^

I'd just like to add to what Kalanna Rai said. Every year the number of Hollies increases, three years ago most of posts about Hollies were about not even seeing them in the AP, let alone catching them. I've seen more 'OMG GOT ONE!' posts this year than I think previous years put together.

And just remember everyone, the hollies will only breed once this year, and the babies that grow up within the breeding window, still will not be able to breed this year, unless TJ does something magical to them. LOL

Just like any other holiday, they won't breed their own kind until next breeding season.

Valentines can breed within the window. It's confirmed, and I bred my Val's last year within that window. So please don't assume anything.

Mine wouldn't breed. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could breed before the end of the breeding season is over this year, but you should PM a mod and they will let you know.

I PM'd a mod, for an official answer.

Edited by Cheystar

Received my first holly this year through a pair of wonderful users. <3 I love it's lineage and I can't wait to breed it next year for some lucky, random people. happy.gif

I joined Oct /08 and still I have no holly nor an IOU for one. I'm on a gifting group list, but the group hasn't gotten any holly donations that I know of.

What I would like to know is, how may holly owners have not breed their hollies yet? Each day that goes by, I see fewer and fewer holidays in the AP. However, I know many users spread out their breedings or deliberately wait until the last few days/hours.

From rubyshoes:

I know you are busy, but I have to ask this as there seems to be a large debate over being able to breed the Holiday dragons that were born this year and grow up before the breeding "window" closes, will they be able to breed more holidays? I say no, but I want to be sure, this is specially to do with Hollies.

Thank you for taking the time-

~Cheystar

Unless TJ has changed his mind and based off of previous holidays, I'd say no.

I think by this time, everyone who has a Holly has already bred it. I'm not seeing any in the AP at all. I see the other three a bit, but not Hollies.

After two years, I'm beginning to lose hope I'll ever get one.

I'm so sad, I left DC for awhile, but I joined about 3 years ago. Got all but a Holly dragon and I feel incomplete D;

I think by this time, everyone who has a Holly has already bred it. I'm not seeing any in the AP at all. I see the other three a bit, but not Hollies.

After two years, I'm beginning to lose hope I'll ever get one.

I'm aware of a few people waiting until Christmas Day/Eve to breed theirs.

i haven't bred my holly yet; so i'm sure there's others who haven't either. i caught another egg today, which made me hit my limit of two.

sadly i do know the pain of those who do have slower internet - i was at my friend's, hunting, and her internet was terrible. i had no chance at a holly, i saw and clicked but i always knew i wouldn't grab one...because of how slow it is. so i'm at my grandma's currently, who has super fast internet and i caught one within at least 20 mins...

i feel sorry for everyone who wants a holly so bad but can't obtain one no matter how much they try. the once a year thing is a long wait.

on a side note, my holly's eggs will probably hit the AP tomorrow. smile.gif

I have one Holly that I caught a couple years back...and I gift one egg per season. It's not the best lineage but I love my little red Santa. I'd love to get a nice lineaged one and will see if I can nab an egg off the AP this year but I doubt it. I have to use my work computer since my personal one was stolen...and the internet here isn't the best. I'll give it a shot, though, and if I never get another one...I don't really care. I have one and I'm very happy for it. Messy lineage or no.

The best way to get a holly is to get one through a trade or gifting and you need to set it up long before xmas comes around because that is when everyone starts asking for one.

If you're really quick with your fingers, then you might be able to catch one in the AP. I saw tons of hollies when breeding started at midnight but I wasn't fast enough to catch any.

I had two holly trades IOUs I set up months ago and I even got a holly gifted to me before that simply because the lineage was messy. (I gifted it to someone else who didn't have one.)

If you want nice lineages you will have to set up a trade, but if you don't care about lineage then often enough being an active player and simply asking someone if they are gifting during xmas will get you one. Being active in the game, in the forums, and in the chatrooms helps tremendously. It is not impossible.

Last year I think I only saw a couple holly egg pass through the AP. This year I saw many many eggs. Next year should be even better so don't despair. They will always be uncommon but they are certainly not as rare as they were in the beginning.

I've been trying since 2008. If you told me a year ago I would one day have a holly I wouldn't have believed you. But here we are. Perseverance, patience, and devotion to the game works.

Edited by Arwen17

Last year I saw about 30 hollies go through the AP. This year I've seen at least 150 (but that's over many hours).

It took me 7 1/2 hours, but yesterday I caught a holly (a bit messy 6 gen, but I still love it). I've been trying off and on today to catch a second but no luck.

I was also lucky in that if I hadn't caught one, I was going to be gifted one by a very nice user. I actually wanted to try to catch one first and I succeeded so that gift could go to another user.

Mine wouldn't breed. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could breed before the end of the breeding season is over this year, but you should PM a mod and they will let you know.

I PM'd a mod, for an official answer.

try breeding them with the dragon's that has a xmas looking things on them i breed my other 6 and it work fine on my dragons.

Edited by toniblab