Bitterhawk

Holly Poll Who has what?

What proportion of people own a Holly  

1,035 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right after I votet "no" I was able to trade for one! I'm so freaked out *lol* I still can't belive it.

I also voted no and I was gifted one smile.gif

Nope! Seen a few eggs but I wasn't fast enough to snag them. I've got all the other species which I'm madly happy about, but hopefully Hollies will become a bit easier to find next year.

Still trying, I am just not fast enough. Plus I start to see double after a short time, so I can't spend much time hunting. Still have a slim chance on christmas eve and day hopefully, but not really counting on it.

But congrats to all that did get one.

I still don't have one, after ... well now "years of trying" ...

I imagine what kind of Christmas it would be - without stalking around the AP to catch one around Christmas time and trading rare linages during the year thinking "I might could trade this for a holly". So, I think I've arranged myself with not having one.

Right after I votet "no" I was able to trade for one! I'm so freaked out *lol* I still can't belive it.

Glad you liked it ^^ The lineage isn't much to brag of, but a Holly is a Holly, right? wink.gif

LAST YEAR, i saw 1~2 holly egg.

but i can't catch them...

This year, I believe it will be much more harder...

but i will try my best to get one Holly.

I wish someone can trade/ give to me too.

My original vote was a No, which after this morning changed to Yes after an amazing person gave me an equally amazing gift.

Don't ever think you will never get one. It may not happen as soon as we would wish, but for the remaining holly hunters out there, it will happen.

Best of luck to you all, I know I'll be around next year to help spread the love a little more.

i caught a holly last year, by luck that it appeared right under my arrow and i clicked like no other...

this year i'm hunting for one with a different lineage. i don't care what lineage, just different than mine. haven't breed my one yet; i'm waiting for my friend to get out of egglock so i can give him one. all the rest will be up for grabs in the AP, if there is any.

right now it's like impossible for me to catch one, and i've only seen two so far. i'm working off my friend's crap internet so the time it takes to refresh fully is...retarded.

i don't even like the holly sprite. last year i posted that i disliked it a lot, that it looked weird and such. same year i got one. i thought that was hilarious...lol. i just want a male for "scroll completion", that's pretty much it. smile.gif

I've spent quite a bit of time on the AP between today and yesterday and seen a good number go through, but I'm just not quick enough. But I will keep trying and hopefully catch one this year. :3

I have seen no holiies today, afraid we might not be seeing them in any sort of abundance again until christmas, when the people who are waiting to breed and drop on christmas do so, I hope the people who got hollies on the first night will be able to breed them before the breeding window closes, aswell.

My original vote was a No, which after this morning changed to Yes after an amazing person gave me an equally amazing gift.

Don't ever think you will never get one. It may not happen as soon as we would wish, but for the remaining holly hunters out there, it will happen.

Best of luck to you all, I know I'll be around next year to help spread the love a little more.

when ? I´m"waiting" since 4 years...I have no friends with holly, nobody would make me such a gift so I have to try on myself. But...well...:-/ That´s the game, I have to accept. And I´m still playing, but I think I´ll give up trying to get a holly egg. No success with trading and hunting, and soon it´s christmas, so I have some other nice things to do.

Have all a "Merry Christmas" smile.gif

Still no luck in obtaining a Holly...but I'm thrilled to see so many in the AP this year nonetheless! Last year's drama had me rather concerned with so many users threatening never to breed their dragons all. Also nice to hear all these stories of random gifting.

I've gotten the "Unfortunately you are not quick enough" message on hollies twice this year, but have yet to actually catch one. So close, and yet so far. sad.gif

I'm really hoping that the hollies born this year will be able to breed, so that I'll have another chance at grabbing one this year.

I honestly think my kids will be grown and out of the house before I get a holly. Considering one is napping in her footie sleeper and the other is watching sesame street well lol, its gonna be a while:)

I don't have a Holly. Don't know anyone who has a Holly. Don't have any CB Metallics or NDs to trade for a Holly. Don't really want to stalk the AP for hours on end during Christmas hoping for a Holly. I don't think I'll be getting a Holly for a while.

Maybe in a couple years if I'm still playing and they've had some very successful breeding seasons. Maybe if I trade a truckload of valuables and get onto an IOU list. Maybe if the IOU actually gets fulfilled within a year or two... then I might get a Holly. A 15th gen, heavily inbred Holly with gravestones littering it's lineage. wub.gif

I have been seeing them in the sites though so they do still exist. I think there's slightly more than there were last year. With any luck, in a few years their value might lower to 'an arm' rather than 'an arm and a leg'.

Do people just want them because they're rare? IMO, Hollies and Golds have some of the most... unimpressive? outdated? sprites, which is why I've never cared much for collecting them. Had I known when I joined that people would so desperately want one, I would have gotten one my first x-mas on DC. xd.png But I never liked the sprite so I just didn't grab any.

Glad you liked it  ^^ The lineage isn't much to brag of, but a Holly is a Holly, right? wink.gif

You absolutely made my day by accepting my trade smile.gif I love my Holly like mad, really I do - the lineage I don't think is ugly at all, it has a rather regular pattern and it's cleanbred, so what do I want more. wub.gif So thank you very much!

@BlueSkyy - well I wanted one to copmplete my scroll - I'd like to have at least one dragon of every Breed. And of course it's the challenge - as they are so hard to get they are mor fun to hunt then lets say Whiptails^^

Edited by Varnayrah

And not all of us are willing to go through the effort of making a ND just to trade for a Holly. I would think Holly owners would feel the Christmas spirit and be generous, and just either randomly gift their eggs, or dump them in the AP for a free-for-all.

You do know they can only hold one egg, and that is only IF they do not have 2 already, right? The eggs from multi-clutches auto abandon, they can't be held and traded, so no one is hoarding them.

You do know they can only hold one egg, and that is only IF they do not have 2 already, right? The eggs from multi-clutches auto abandon, they can't be held and traded, so no one is hoarding them.

And a lot of Holly owners do gift their offspring. I was gifted one this year. There isn't enough Hollies yet for it to be common.

And just remember everyone, the hollies will only breed once this year, and the babies that grow up within the breeding window, still will not be able to breed this year, unless TJ does something magical to them. LOL

Just like any other holiday, they won't breed their own kind until next breeding season.

There isn't enough Hollies yet for it to be common.

I don't think the population will ever reach the point of being common. Yes, more Hollies are bred every year - but far more people join DC during the year.

I don't have a Holly and I probably never will.

I have a third gen Thuwed holly. I'm hoping to catch a second one this year, but we will see.