Bitterhawk

Holly Poll Who has what?

What proportion of people own a Holly  

1,035 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Holy Hotcakes!! I just caught a holly! Four years or so and I finally caught one!

I've incubated in hopes I'll be able to breed it before the holiday event is over. Must keep the karma going.

I'm playing DC for 4 years and I don't have a holly. this year I didn't saw one in the AP yet. My effort to trading is revealing itself a fail. Holly owners have been rude or just ask to much. I guess I will not get a chance to have an holly for more 4 years *cries*

From the perspective of a Holly owner, I might have some advice for you.

The first is that I had to try very very hard for a holly. I refreshed for hours for days, and in my third year, I managed to get one from the AP, and a second from trade. It seems to me that when a holly owner asks for something in trade, (s)he is remembering all the effort that went into getting it, and in any case, it's a dragon owner's right to ask anything they want in trades. (If they're asking something unfair, they won't get any offers, and that is everyone else's right to not offer on a ridiculous trade.) I feel like saying "these people are rude and ask too much" also makes for ill-feelings: they might be less charitable towards you because you called them rude, and so on.

Now, advice specific to you: you're offering things that most holly owners already have. What's the chance that someone who managed to get hollies last year, or the year before, is still in need of any other holiday dragon? Offer something that they don't already have. Make neglecteds, and then trade them for holly IOUs. Or else, make pretty lineages, or catch shinies, or whatever else people find valuable, and trade those. I'd guess that most people who have hollies already have every other holiday dragon.

I don't have a holly, this will be my third year of trying for one. There is someone who did promise me a holly this year, the person has one that is inbred, but then tried to get me one that would not be inbred, and I guess the deal fell through so may or may not get one this year again.

I personally am not worried, about inbreeding or if it is long gen. I would just love to have a holly.

I don't have any Hollies, but they are on my low, low, low priority list because I do not care much for the sprite itself.

I don't have any Hollies, but they are on my low, low, low priority list because I do not care much for the sprite itself.

Many do not like the way the holly looks, they really could use a revamp to make them even more valuable, imo. :/

But hey, if you have a Holly, have fun with it. <:

Hollies are already rare enough, they don't need to look nicer than they are already, that'd make it absolutely impossible to even get close to getting one. Same with Golds getting BSAs. We don't want them being more sought after then they are already.

EDIT: Besides, i find they look pretty already... biggrin.gif

Edited by Coryn02

I managed to get two last year, within 15 minutes of each other. And certainly not from the AP, the competition is way to fierce there. Both were from people announcing them in departure threads, and using the old abandoned/CODE method. I was pretty sure my arm was going to fall off after I caught them both.

And this year, between the both of my Hollies, I managed to breed 4 total. Two went to the AP, one was a gift, one was a trade.

I managed to catch one for myself and caught-then-gifted/traded 5 others. Happy catching, everyone! smile.gif

I managed to catch one for myself and caught-then-gifted/traded 5 others. Happy catching, everyone! smile.gif

*whimper* You're lucky!!!!! I would kill to catch just 1!!!!!

Eeee!!! A very very nice person recently bestowed a holly upon me, and it's so pretty and awesome!

I think it would be interesting to reset the poll after the Christmas Craze and see what, if anything, changed.

I have a 5th Gen/Even Gen/Predominantly Thuwed liniage'd Holly, thanks to a gifter. Out of the 8 original couples, (My egg's Great-Great Grandparents) 5 are Thuwed. S/he's so pretty. :3

I've been playing DC since Christmas 2008, and only this year did I manage to snag a holly out of the AP (and only then by getting up for the midnight rush of people breeding their holidays at the first possible instant). I hung around in the IRC a ton last year watching for FFAs, but I never tried to trade for one because I knew nothing I could offer would be worth anything to someone with a holly. The one I got doesn't have the prettiest lineage, but it's not inbred and it's a holly, so I'm happy. smile.gif

Next year I will certainly be spreading the love, but I don't think I'll do any IOUs. IMO trading holly IOUs puts more experienced players or better catchers at an advantage, and I feel like that's kind of abusing the spirit of Christmas. I can certainly understand why people would want to use their hollies to get, say, an ND or something if they can't get one themselves (and in no way do I condemn people who do), but that's just not the way I want to play the game.

*Disclaimer: I do not have an ND, nor have I ever made one.

Edited by MissVampire13

Now, advice specific to you: you're offering things that most holly owners already have. What's the chance that someone who managed to get hollies last year, or the year before, is still in need of any other holiday dragon? Offer something that they don't already have. Make neglecteds, and then trade them for holly IOUs. Or else, make pretty lineages, or catch shinies, or whatever else people find valuable, and trade those. I'd guess that most people who have hollies already have every other holiday dragon.

Not all Holly owner have other christmas dragons (I saw a few),and some are inactive.

I offer as well 2nd gen gold,and other good things. I would make a ND,but I'm not sucessful,and I'm not a good shiny catcher. I also spend a lot of time in the AP,but nothing. Oh well,I have a few days left,even though I doubt I can catch one dry.gif

This is my 4th year without a Holly. sad.gif I think I have a better chance at getting hit by lightning twice than grabbing one off the AP. I can barely catch commons... I wanted a Holly because I missed it before I joined and I know they are rare and one of the only rare dragons I don't have... I'd love to have a nice complete set. I'd also spread the cheer around by giving a Holly to someone else. I hope they'll become more common next year or I can figure out how to get on an IOU list or something.

I have been shocked by the number of Holly eggs I have seen on the AP this year. I haven't been able to catch any, mind you, there is a lot of competition, but there have been more eggs than I have seen in previous years.

This is my 4th year without a Holly. sad.gif I think I have a better chance at getting hit by lightning twice than grabbing one off the AP. I can barely catch commons... I wanted a Holly because I missed it before I joined and I know they are rare and one of the only rare dragons I don't have... I'd love to have a nice complete set. I'd also spread the cheer around by giving a Holly to someone else. I hope they'll become more common next year or I can figure out how to get on an IOU list or something.

you made me lol laugh.gif Lightning on someone is much common than a holly.

if I had one,I would gift you its offspring. but still,I didn't saw only one in the AP...they are catched by the faster catchers,lefting us looking to the void...

Not all Holly owner have other christmas dragons (I saw a few),and some are inactive.

I offer as well 2nd gen gold,and other good things. I would make a ND,but I'm not sucessful,and I'm not a good shiny catcher. I also spend a lot of time in the AP,but nothing. Oh well,I have a few days left,even though I doubt I can catch one dry.gif

And not all of us are willing to go through the effort of making a ND just to trade for a Holly. I would think Holly owners would feel the Christmas spirit and be generous, and just either randomly gift their eggs, or dump them in the AP for a free-for-all.

I am unable to get a holly T^T; I use my wii when my mother doesnt let me use her laptop, and let me tell you, hunting on the wii is a wasted effort. I doubt anyone would even be kind enough as to gift me a holly, too. Others want them. I will keep trying, even if I dont get one this year *determened expression* D<!!!

Three years of collecting and I still haven't got a holly. Don't have any friends on the forum that would be nice to gift me a holly and have nothing worth trading. Hoping to grab one off the AP... again.

I guess I don't mind doing IOUs and gifting if it was considered for anyone and not just good friends. All my holidays get bred and then dumped to the AP for a free for all. I like giving an even chance and it's kind of nice to see one of them go to someone new.

And not all of us are willing to go through the effort of making a ND just to trade for a Holly. I would think Holly owners would feel the Christmas spirit and be generous, and just either randomly gift their eggs, or dump them in the AP for a free-for-all.

I agree. I don't see people be generous to each other...

I even saw people trying to trade a holly for...other holly! this makes me really sad.

of course anyone can do what they want with their eggs,but I don't see any christmas spririt of gifting here.

I saw a lot of holly,but I can't get any of them.

I am still working on it.

Still among the ranks of hopeful holly-hunters. My work schedule guarantees I don't touch a computer until late afternoon. If I could stop auto-refreshing over every holly I see, I might have a slim chance at catching one. tongue.gif I'd love to catch one; waiting a year between chances is an awfully long wait for another try at nabbing one.

i was gifted a holly by a friend this year. so i have one now ^-^ took me three christmas's to get one though. I was lucky my friend is so nice =3