TJ09

2010-12-25 - Merry Christmas

The only problem with the prize dragon is... all together there will be 30, starting off.

Secondly, in the beginning there will only be 5 golds, 10 silvers, and 15 bronze.

Its gonna take awhile for anyone to actually get the offspring of these prize dragons. Not just because of that, but because of hoarders and people who will only gift said eggs to friends :/

well at least they'll be spread around. unless i get unexpectedly lucky, i don't expect to win one but i can at least try to snipe a trade or something ninja.gif

Sure, of course they'll be more of them eventually...

But its gonna take a long time. More so because there are 3 variations, and gold has the least of them all.

Its going to be easiest to try and get a bronze egg after the winners have been announced.

I'm betting it will be quicker than most people realize, since these ones will probably be able to breed weekly, instead of yearly like Hollies. Even if they breed like uncommons, if people breed them as much as possible there will be over 65,000 of the golds, 131,000 of the silvers and 196,000 of the bronzes within a year. If they breed like rares, it'll take more like two years to get to those numbers, but they'll get there, and there are limits to how many people can hoard. wink.gif

Really? Didn't know there were limits to common dragons, or uncommons.

I hope that's how it'll go. I want a male and female gold/silver/bronze as soon as possible.

I only get 2 of everything, so that won't be that hard... hopefully.

Really? Didn't know there were limits to common dragons, or uncommons.

I hope that's how it'll go. I want a male and female gold/silver/bronze as soon as possible.

I only get 2 of everything, so that won't be that hard... hopefully.

Well, not limits limits, but who's going to hoard 10,000 of anything? And eventually there would come a point where you would have to abandon some, because you'd be exceeding the number of eggs you could have at one time.

Personally, if I got one, I'd keep the first few, use one or two for trades (since that's the only way I see that I can reasonably expect to get a holly in my lifetime), then the rest would either be gifted to random people, FFA'd or just dropped. I wouldn't need them, so why not make some people happy with them?

Edited by bionelly

That makes sense biggrin.gif

...Though I bet TJ has 5,000 of every common/uncommon/rare dragon (except holidays because you can only get 2) xd.png

I just wanna know what they look like! I bet they're cool.

EDIT: Site is down again dry.gif

Edited by TheDarkLatias

I think they'll spread more once teleport will be in place. Because who wouldn't want to give their friend an awesome rare dragon? And then they'll bread and do the same thing and after a while they'll start dropping extra eggs. ^ ^

I just cant wait to see them all. I hope people name them. I LOVE looking at names/naming dragons.

If I was one of the winners, I'd trade the first few eggs produced for some really nice things, like CB metallics, 2nd gen Thuweds, Neglecteds, etc....but after I managed to get a few nice things for myself I'd just breed them to spread them around. I'd breed and gift, or just breed and randomly drop. I would really love to be one of the winners because of all the trading power it would give me.

The only problem with the prize dragon is... all together there will be 30, starting off.

Secondly, in the beginning there will only be 5 golds, 10 silvers, and 15 bronze.

Its gonna take awhile for anyone to actually get the offspring of these prize dragons. Not just because of that, but because of hoarders and people who will only gift said eggs to friends :/

Hi, TheDarkLatias! smile.gif

I'd just like to point out - not just to you but generally, as I've seen several statements of the type I'd like to address - that while we'll eventually have a chance at getting some of these dragons, these dragons will belong to their owners, who are not actually obligated to supply the rest of us with anything.

It sucks that it'll take a while before we get them ourselves, but owners have a perfect right to do as as they please with the dragons on their own scrolls.

What we do get are some wonderful Christmas trees to have fun decorating, and these are ours to do with as WE please.

Yes, we'd please rather win, lol, and somebody will.

One of the winners might be you.

Even if you planned to give away all offspring to total strangers, you probably wouldn't like to have a large section of the forum telling you what to do with your dragons...

For one thing, they'd all have different orders to give you.

And most of them would be saying 'gift me'.

And there are just too many for that to work.

Edit: the Typo Queen strikes (the wrong key) again. laugh.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

Well, it's true that the Ribbon's don't suit the style of the Snow Angel and Yulebuck, but I guess that makes them not bad :3

I l ike it how they shine and think they are not messed up, made in a hurry or something.

Ever hopeful for a Leetle Tree flood drop (like there was after midnight CAVE TIME) for us who need to be asleep then as it is 5 am our time.... sad.gif

The Ribbons are LOVELY, though - many congratulations to LadyLyzar for the beauty of them. I think they are VERY Christmassy, myself.

AS fro the prize dragons - they ARE prizes, Everyone does NOT win all the time or the Olympics would be even more boring than it already is biggrin.gif

And your point is ? the whole point is that they ARE special. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they don't breed exactly as won, either - as the goth sweetlings don't.

I bet most here breed FIRST for friends....

Edited by fuzzbucket

I think the Ribbons are sleek and beautiful. Okay, maybe they don't immediately remind you of the christmas season like their predecessors do but they are christmas colours, deep reds and greens.

That's the reason I'd have loved the multi-coloured Snow Angels.

Thank you, LadyLyzar, for the lovely description of your stunning Ribbon Dancers.

I love the description of them Lady Lyzar!

Anyhow, my two hatched while I was away today, and I just named them.

Endeka Kozanis, which is the name of a Greek Dance, and Zambra Mora, a spanish dance (most commonly just called the Zambra).

Anyhow, as requested, all about Ribbon Dancers...

The "ribbons" trailing from their backs and tails are actually elongated hollow flaps of skin, covered with the same type of fine scales as the rest of their bodies.

Thanks so much for all that flavour text!

The part about the ribbons is kind of gross, though tongue.gif

Thanks so much for all that flavour text!

The part about the ribbons is kind of gross, though :P

Many animals, like various species of birds (or lizards, for that matter) have flaps of skin that are used in courtship display, because the ladies think it is beautiful. :B

On wich of the pages is the text about the ribbon dancers?

Well - it depends partly how you have your pages set. Mine display 40 posts to a page, and it is on page 53, about 10 posts down.

The post link is here if that works....

But LadyLyzar said:

Anyhow, as requested, all about Ribbon Dancers...

Ribbon Dancers have very small reflective scales, which are nearly invisible unless viewing them up close. This contributes to their bright, nearly mirror-like luster. They are active only on clear moonlit nights, and are strictly herbrivores. Moonlight reflects off their bright scales and ribbons, which dazzles and confuses predators that would otherwise be attracted by their bright colors.

The "ribbons" trailing from their backs and tails are actually elongated hollow flaps of skin, covered with the same type of fine scales as the rest of their bodies. When the ribbons strike each other, they make a metallic tinkling sound similar to wind chimes.

Each Ribbon Dancer has a unique dance that she performs when she greets another Ribbon Dancer. This helps them identify each other. Large flocks of these dragons greeting one another is quite a sight to behold, due to their reflective bodies and jingling ribbons.

When a Ribbon Dancer moves into an area, she actively seeks out the lairs of other dragons and leaves behind a gift of some kind -- usually a gold object from her hoard -- as a peace offering. With the gift, she always leaves behind one of her "ribbons" so that the other dragons will know her scent.

Edited by fuzzbucket

On wich of the pages is the text about the ribbon dancers?

It's on page 105 about half way down!

Very pretty description!

To reiterate what someone already said; The owners are free to do what they wish.

If I were to win, I would probably use one or two offspring for trading power, as I'd want the first eggs to go to someone who would be responsible [not that those who don't trade, aren't >.<]. After that, I'd randomly gift people of my choosing. Then I would drop them on the AP.

That's simply if I win. I wonder if there's a way to turn your PMs off if you're announced a winner. Would be nice. Cause something I won't do is gift an egg to the first people PMing me "can I have one plz?!"

Edited by xXAngelicEvilXx