TJ09

2010-12-25 - Merry Christmas

oh leetle tree,oh leetle tree,who do seem to evade me? oh leetle tree, oh leetle treeeeeee,please come and live on my scroll with meeeeeeeeeee!!!

Anyone know if Leetle Trees are still dropping occasionally?

i missed them and really really REALLY want one.....

I would also like to know this, I'm just bringing it up again.

Thanks Rubyshoes,but i'm done for now.I have to watch my lil bro since hes staying the night with me.hopefully i can try again tomorrow.

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!

The ribbon dancers are very pretty <3 One of mine has hatched, and I named it (what I think to be a quite appropriate name) Kagamine Negai.

I Love the adults!!! Thank You very much TJ and Lady for these Beautiful dragons Merry Christmas to me!!! smile.gif

I named mine Qave La an Dreoilin and Regan La an Dreoilin, after the old Celtic winder holiday-- Lá an Dreoilín, Day of the Wren.

Anyhow, as requested, all about Ribbon Dancers...

Ribbon Dancers have very small reflective scales, which are nearly invisible unless viewing them up close. This contributes to their bright, nearly mirror-like luster. They are active only on clear moonlit nights, and are strictly herbrivores. Moonlight reflects off their bright scales and ribbons, which dazzles and confuses predators that would otherwise be attracted by their bright colors.

The "ribbons" trailing from their backs and tails are actually elongated hollow flaps of skin, covered with the same type of fine scales as the rest of their bodies. When the ribbons strike each other, they make a metallic tinkling sound similar to wind chimes.

Each Ribbon Dancer has a unique dance that she performs when she greets another Ribbon Dancer. This helps them identify each other. Large flocks of these dragons greeting one another is quite a sight to behold, due to their reflective bodies and jingling ribbons.

When a Ribbon Dancer moves into an area, she actively seeks out the lairs of other dragons and leaves behind a gift of some kind -- usually a gold object from her hoard -- as a peace offering. With the gift, she always leaves behind one of her "ribbons" so that the other dragons will know her scent.

many thanks for such beautiful information! I love it! I wish we had it as an official description on our Ribbons' pages.

many thanks for such beautiful information! I love it! I wish we had it as an official description on our Ribbons' pages.

I second that. That would be beautiful to see on our pages. Maybe one day smile.gif

The Christmas festive mood is starting to leave me now that everything's pretty much over. I got my eggs, my tree, so now I'm wondering if we'll get anything special for New Years?

Love the s1 and the adult form of Ribbon dancers.

I have to wait 2 days and 6 hours to see adults on my scroll smile.gif

ive got a question.

the previous years' dragons are allowed to breed until the 28th. its past the 28th now, and mine says to wait 6 days to breed. i caught it this year, so i should be able to breed it now, producing it's mate's breed of egg. i have to wait 6 more days to breed my christmas dragons even though it an hour and half past the 28th? i caught them this year...

ive got a question.

the previous years' dragons are allowed to breed until the 28th. its past the 28th now, and mine says to wait 6 days to breed. i caught it this year, so i should be able to breed it now, producing it's mate's breed of egg. i have to wait 6 more days to breed my christmas dragons even though it an hour and half past the 28th? i caught them this year...

If I may second a request for an answer to a question already asked by myself and as yet unanswered?

ive got a question.

They were born with the last bred date of the 28th, which was yesterday, so even if you didn't actually breed it, the site counts it as being bred yesterday. You'll just have to wait the extra week like everyone else.

Sorry if that's confusing, I really should be asleep now. >_>;

ive got a question.

From the previous announcement thread:

Breeding

2007–2009 holiday dragons will be able to breed more holiday eggs for seven days from December 21–28 (Starting and ending at midnight, see the definition above). New holiday eggs that are bred during this time and that and reach adulthood before Dec. 28 will not be able to breed at all until after Dec. 28.

They were born with the last bred date of the 28th, which was yesterday, so even if you didn't actually breed it, the site counts it as being bred yesterday. You'll just have to wait the extra week like everyone else.

Sorry if that's confusing, I really should be asleep now. >_>;

How ironic...

Of the dragons I actually bred for Christmas, my Yulebucks are open now, and my Snow Angels will open in a day.

Presumably our Ribbon Dancers will be ready to breed as soon as they grow up.

Yet we have to wait nearly a week to breed bred eggs?

Is there some reason for this?

How ironic...

Of the dragons I actually bred for Christmas, my Yulebucks are open now, and my Snow Angels will open in a day.

Presumably our Ribbon Dancers will be ready to breed as soon as they grow up.

Yet we have to wait nearly a week to breed bred eggs?

Is there some reason for this?

I guess it's just the way TJ thought of restricting breeding. It probably would've made more sense to have them say they bred on the 21st, so they'd be able to breed on the 28th.

@lizardtail: It'll still be after the 28th a week from now, too. ;P

I guess it's just the way TJ thought of restricting breeding. It probably would've made more sense to have them say they bred on the 21st, so they'd be able to breed on the 28th.

@lizardtail: It'll still be after the 28th a week from now, too. ;P

Sigh, I was hoping TJ'd adjust that after the 28th, but I suppose he's too busy and pooped what with all this ongoing work...

Well, thanks for the answer anyway, Mustangs44.

(Hope you manage to get a good sleep.)

Anyone notice how the branches around our trees are growing leaves and berries? Also, the little badge has lights now biggrin.gif

ok i'm a bit too lazy to read thru all 100+ pages to see if this has been answered already or not but, this tree contest and the exclusive dragon.... is it a dragon that's breedable so that eventually the rest of the non-winners can get? or is it gonna be something that no one other than the winners can ever obtain?

ok i'm a bit too lazy to read thru all 100+ pages to see if this has been answered already or not but, this tree contest and the exclusive dragon.... is it a dragon that's breedable so that eventually the rest of the non-winners can get? or is it gonna be something that no one other than the winners can ever obtain?

Betcha I'm ninja'd but, yes, they'll be able to breed.

First post on this thread answers all kinds of questions;

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=108901

Edited by Syphoneira