TJ09

2010-12-25 - Merry Christmas

Lyz, I for one love them. And, I am beyond thrilled to have a holiday that isn't mostly white. -- Not that I don't like both the yules and snowangels, but this bright dragon will give a color boost to the lineage I'm thinking about.

I especially love the wings- really well done imo.

I completely agree. I was hoping for a dragon that was mainly green so these are a dream come true with the shiny factor being the icing on the cake. I love them. The adults are unique which equates with awesome in my eyes.

Funny, I was hoping for green but if not then I had the fingers crossed for a silver and gold dragon. I squeed when I saw that the artist sprite was silver. Can't wait to see what she looks like all grown up.

So pretty :3 :runs off to name her ribbon hatchies and decorate her tree:

Of course, I wasn't trying to be.

Edited by Kandycat

I think the name Ribbon Dancer is cool and matches the dragon cool.gif it sounds very festive!

my second Ribbon Dancer hatched today xd.png this one will not be frozen but raised!

The adult christmas dragon looks awesome. Can't wait for mine to grow up. Thanks to the limit it was easy to catch them smile.gif

Ohhh I have to sing it out to the world.... I catched a little tree! laugh.gif Uhh now I'm in the DragCave-Christmas-Mood! *runns in circles and hangs every member a little mistletoe around their neck* Whooopidooo

And I can't wait for my Ribbon Dancers to grow up! The adult looks so awesome. wub.gifThank you Lady Lyzar for this absolutely stunning christmas dragon!

The hatchies are bouncing in and out of sickness due to the massive number of clicks, so I will fog them until tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

Anyhow, as requested, all about Ribbon Dancers...

Ribbon Dancers have very small reflective scales, which are nearly invisible unless viewing them up close. This contributes to their bright, nearly mirror-like luster. They are active only on clear moonlit nights, and are strictly herbrivores. Moonlight reflects off their bright scales and ribbons, which dazzles and confuses predators that would otherwise be attracted by their bright colors.

The "ribbons" trailing from their backs and tails are actually elongated hollow flaps of skin, covered with the same type of fine scales as the rest of their bodies. When the ribbons strike each other, they make a metallic tinkling sound similar to wind chimes.

Each Ribbon Dancer has a unique dance that she performs when she greets another Ribbon Dancer. This helps them identify each other. Large flocks of these dragons greeting one another is quite a sight to behold, due to their reflective bodies and jingling ribbons.

When a Ribbon Dancer moves into an area, she actively seeks out the lairs of other dragons and leaves behind a gift of some kind -- usually a gold object from her hoard -- as a peace offering. With the gift, she always leaves behind one of her "ribbons" so that the other dragons will know her scent.

Thanks, LadyLyzar. I loved reading more about the Ribbon Dancers.

The hatchies are bouncing in and out of sickness due to the massive number of clicks, so I will fog them until tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

Ribbon Dancers have very small reflective scales, which are nearly invisible unless viewing them up close. This contributes to their bright, nearly mirror-like luster. They are active only on clear moonlit nights, and are strictly herbrivores. Moonlight reflects off their bright scales and ribbons, which dazzles and confuses predators that would otherwise be attracted by their bright colors.

The "ribbons" trailing from their backs and tails are actually elongated hollow flaps of skin, covered with the same type of fine scales as the rest of their bodies. When the ribbons strike each other, they make a metallic tinkling sound similar to wind chimes.

Each Ribbon Dancer has a unique dance that she performs when she greets another Ribbon Dancer. This helps them identify each other. Large flocks of these dragons greeting one another is quite a sight to behold, due to their reflective bodies and jingling ribbons.

When a Ribbon Dancer moves into an area, she actively seeks out the lairs of other dragons and leaves behind a gift of some kind -- usually a gold object from her hoard -- as a peace offering. With the gift, she always leaves behind one of her "ribbons" so that the other dragons will know her scent.

That's awesome, LadyLyzar! Very beautiful information about them!

Wow! I :heart: the adult! It looks like a Chinese Dragon, despite the wings! biggrin.gif Kudos to the artist for this wonderful breed. smile.gif

Thank you so much for this!

It will help so much when I describe my pretty GracefulRibbonDancer after she grows up. I love the Ribbon Dancers, they are just wonderful! And so polite.

Anyone know if Leetle Trees are still dropping occasionally?

i missed them and really really REALLY want one.....

Please tell me where you are seeing the adults? I am dieing to see them.

LadyLyzar all I can say is WOW... I am very impressed with that description. That is my kind of dragon and I love them even more! What a special dragon that I will cherish!

Please tell me where you are seeing the adults? I am dieing to see them.

LadyLyzar all I can say is WOW... I am very impressed with that description. That is my kind of dragon and I love them even more! What a special dragon that I will cherish!

First post of this thread has TJ's dragons and one is an adult and one is a frozen hatchie.

I have to admit, I don't particularly care for the Ribbon Dancers. They're just too shiny and busy for me. Each to their own, I suppose. But I'm not going to deny that LadyLyz did a fantastic job. smile.gif

Have a happy New Year, all.

Wow, thanks for that description LadyLyzar! Someone should add it to the wiki before it gets lost in the thread. >u>

Love the background info on the Ribbon Dancers - I can just picture a gathering of them in my mind - what a joyous sound they make!

Wow, how beautiful <3