TJ09

2010-12-25 - Merry Christmas

Question: Can I put my ornaments around the tree in a visible but defying physics laws way?

If they're still opaque, I think they appear.

Mine are in a rather physics-defying fashion right now, but they haven't gone transparent.

If they're still opaque, I think they appear.

Mine are in a rather physics-defying fashion right now, but they haven't gone transparent.

Yep, but my question is: is that against the rules?

I am so etnthusiastic about decorating the tree

What a wonderful surprise!

Than k you very much!

what in the world is this decoration supposed to be anyway? : user posted image

I think it's just a bigger, fancier version of the little round ones.

Anyone know when we'll be able to see the trees of other people? Or if we get to keep the ability to decorate it year-round?

EDIT: Thanks for pointing out the Leetle Trees, MissK.!

Edited by AlternateMew

I didn't see an answer when I first asked so I'll as again:

Is there anytihng special we have to to to be in the tree contest? or are we all enterd automaticly once we decorate our trees?

what in the world is this decoration supposed to be anyway? : user posted image

Personally I think it looks like an urn.

I didn't see an answer when I first asked so I'll as again:

Is there anytihng special we have to to to be in the tree contest? or are we all enterd automaticly once we decorate our trees?

No-one seems sure - the original post said every tree, but there's another saying more details later.

I think that's a lantern....

I'm available to catch you any eggs you still need except a Holly.

Includes => Yulebucks, Snow Angels and Ribbons (Christmas 2010).

Also, ~Removed~. smile.gif

~We strongly suggest members do not give out private information. What members do off the forum they do at their risk.~

Edited by _Z_

My family and I have spent the morning unfogging and incubating

all of our eggs that were soft shelled. Thanking my lucky stars that

both of my Christmas eggs made it.

Some of my family who weren't able to catch Christmas eggs yesterday

caught them with no problems today. So now all of us have holiday eggs

from the past two years and this year.

I am keeping a close eye on my unfogged eggs though.

Mmm. I'm not doing anything this afternoon. I can catch the new eggs for some folks if you like. Drop me a PM if you need help.

I'm not sure whether this has been said before, but did anyone notice that the message you get when you're already at the limit of the breed has been altered?

It now says: "You are already at the limit () for this breed of dragon. Please note that the limit includes eggs, hatchlings, and adult dragons."

Quite nice actually. I like. smile.gif

Am I the only one that finds the hatchling very familiar? Wasn't there a ribbon dragon that was in DR?

You are NOT alone! I keep thinking I saw it in September, when I rejoined the site! I've been looking for any mention, and you are the only person to comment on it, that I have seen. I thought maybe it was a dream, or a strange Deja Vu thing when I first saw the egg. xd.png

The Christmas 2010 dragons are beautiful! Thank-you, staff, for putting together such a wonderful holiday event.

The Christmas Tree thing is really cute. I keep thinking that I didn't log on today, though, because I logged on at midnight EST which counted as the second day. I'm keeping my ornaments in lines until the decorating event is started because I want to have an easy way to remember if I got the daily gift or not.

I hope that everybody has had a great holiday!

-Autumn

Members offering to catch: Do not request members give you their private information, on the forum.

~We strongly suggest members do not give out private information. What members do off the forum they do at their risk.~

This.

Especially since there was a dragon designed specifically for TJ a couple years ago, but he said he wouldn't create it and add it to his scroll because he wouldn't add any dragons to the cave that weren't able to be collected by everybody.

TJ said that the exclusive dragon would not be made public. In otherwords the special dragons are not going to be released to the masses via cave drops. That does NOT necessarily mean that the dragons can't be bred by their exclusive owners and then abandoned to the AP or traded/gifted for others (TJ and everyone else) to get. Until it is known for fact that the dragons can / can't breed, there is no sense in people acting like grumps over it all.

For all we know the special dragons will be breedable and classified as "common" and therefore will produce a lot of eggs and likely within a year pretty much anyone can get one... just like vampires.. hard to get at first but within 6 months easy to get.

I guess I'll check the AP at 10.

Just in case you don't know, CB eggs aren't Dropped on the Abandoned Page, (where people abandon eggs,) although with Limited Edition Holidays, the odd one may drop there due to being auto-abandoned when people don't notice having picked up their limit and pick up extra.

But the message has changed this year, so I suspect that people now can no longer pick up more than 2 by accident, meaning that none will appear on the AP from that cause.

If you go to the Cave, where it's also much easier to catch, you can get yourself your Holiday eggs during one of the hourly drops, something people are now doing with little trouble.

Generally:

if other people also can't tell (I certainly can't, lol) whether the gold thing at the top of the tree on our scrolls is an angel, a star or whatever (and it could have been intended as a generic interpret-shape-as-you-please, which would be sensible), I'm referring to mine as the Golden Snitch until further notice.

if other people also can't tell (I certainly can't, lol) whether the gold thing at the top of the tree on our scrolls is an angel, a star or whatever (and it could have been intended as a generic interpret-shape-as-you-please, which would be sensible), I'm referring to mine as the Golden Snitch until further notice.

For me, it's a dragon... I now have a Gold dragon on my scroll biggrin.gif

I'm referring to mine as the Golden Snitch until further notice.

Ooo, I like it. I keep staring at it myself trying to come to grips with the little gold topper. I might have to steal your idea, Syphoneira. A golden snitch makes it all the more exciting.

I have a question about the Christmas Tree. Yesterday every time I tried to click on the tree, it gave me "database error" for the whole day. Was it just me? Because now I see gold things on top of people's trees and I do not have one. I guess I missed the first day or something?

I have a question about the Christmas Tree. Yesterday every time I tried to click on the tree, it gave me "database error" for the whole day. Was it just me? Because now I see gold things on top of people's trees and I do not have one. I guess I missed the first day or something?

Refresh it. It'll work eventually.

Also, free for catching! PM me.

Edited by Black_Phantom

Just in case you don't know, CB eggs aren't Dropped on the Abandoned Page, (where people abandon eggs,) although with Limited Edition Holidays, the odd one may drop there due to being auto-abandoned when people don't notice having picked up their limit and pick up extra.

But the message has changed this year, so I suspect that people now can no longer pick up more than 2 by accident, meaning that none will appear on the AP from that cause.

If you go to the Cave, where it's also much easier to catch, you can get yourself your Holiday eggs during one of the hourly drops, something people are now doing with little trouble.

Generally:

WELL - I have seen several shiny ribbons in the AP. NO idea how come, but I have, so..... I assumed they were autodropped, as they all but one had 7 days to go....

Ribbons in the AP would be from people abandoning their own. They get a day added to them, so if they dropped within a day of catching they would appear as 7 day eggs in the AP. The site doesn't let you grab beyond your limit.