darkangel787

Plot Holes and Writing Flaws

In the Warriors: Tigerstar and Sasha manga series, a VERY big mistake. So apparently Tiger's motivation to bringing the dog pack was to destroy Firestar, but back then Firestar didn't even exist. It was Fire*heart*, and there was no reason to hate him then.

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of inconsistencies in Warriors dry.gif gets annoying after a while.

Another one for Twilight:

So, for Bella...how long does it take for her to go to Italy(?) to get to the Volturi in New Moon? A day? Several hours?

And yet it takes a whole whopping month for the volturi to get to their house in Breaking Dawn to stop a newborn (a supposed "taboo")

What did they do, take a nice, relaxing cruise over?

I guess this really isn't a plot hole, but just another thing to add...Smeyer extinguished the last shining ray of hope for a plot in Breaking Dawn when she had Jacob imprint on Renesmee. I mean, this protects her from everything. .___.

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of inconsistencies in Warriors dry.gif gets annoying after a while.

Not to mention the way ShadowClan cats keep changing genders.

Not to mention the way ShadowClan cats keep changing genders.

Lol. I suppose it would be hard to keep track of it all when you have to characterize so many cats though...

But they have four authors - I think that's more than enough to keep track of it, especially when they have the allegiances.

In the last hunger games book, she just chose peeta. I don't get how.

Also, in warriors, a lot of shadowclan kits just seem to go missing, like applekit and thornkit.

But then there were these shadowclan kits on the great journey: toad something and mud something and some sort of fruit something. They all just . . . left.

Toad's still there, Mud died somewhere along the line, and Apple's still there (as Appleheart I think). I can't remember.

As for the hunger games question, she believed that Gale could have been responsible for primms death, and so could not be around him anymore.

Personally, I dont think coin was responsible for primms death. It was a last attempt by the capitol. It dosn't take a trapping genious to figure out "Bomb them, and then when medics come, bomb them again."

In the last hunger games book, she just chose peeta. I don't get how.

Also, in warriors, a lot of shadowclan kits just seem to go missing, like applekit and thornkit.

I actually thought it made sense for Katniss to choose Peeta because of all they had been through, it would be almost impossible to not feel attached to someone after all that. I think they were almost complete opposites too so they completed each other, whereas Gale was just not right for her. Of course, that's just my opinion. wink.gif

@Themscientists: The author doesn't really do a good job of showing HOW she came to the decision, however.

@Themscientists: The author doesn't really do a good job of showing HOW she came to the decision, however.

I do have to agree with this really, even if I do think it's best that shes with Peeta, because most of the time she seemed to hate Peeta, yet fell in love with him.

I think that if Peeta had been rescued in the second book their relationship would've developed better and realistically, rather than being rushed. I think I'm just biased because I started to dislike Gale far too much in the third book. tongue.gif

I think it's fine. You have to read and understand the series to understand why she chose Peeta, I don't think it would be as good if she spoonfed us the answer by recapping all of the reasons that Peeta was better.

In the first Warriors book, In To The Wild, the two types of chest colds cats got in winter were greencough and blackcough. In every other book, it's greencough and WHITEcough. Oh, and throughout the series there are minor errors like FireStar instead of Firestar and Grewpaw instead of Greypaw.

In one of the Maximum Ride books, the sentence reads: "~~~{/>." Or something like that.

In the first Warriors book, In To The Wild, the two types of chest colds cats got in winter were greencough and blackcough. In every other book, it's greencough and WHITEcough. Oh, and throughout the series there are minor errors like FireStar instead of Firestar and Grewpaw instead of Greypaw.

In one of the Maximum Ride books, the sentence reads: "~~~{/>." Or something like that.

yes. loads of mistake in the warriors, probably because there is four author.

I mean it could be like

"we got a new char something-kit in shadowclan or something. a female."

"what? male okay~"

tongue.gif

Even if there are four authors, shouldn't there be at least one editor to catch those kinds of errors? o.O;

Why did the war end with Voldemort gone? The purebloods should have kept fighting; it would simply have made more sense. They'd gotten so far ahead with their agendas, so why stop? That never made sense to me.

Marvel's inability to decide if Magneto is good or bad. This is a REALLY iritating plot device. First he's bad, then they say he's bad but also good, then he's good, then bad again, and now he is WHAT exactly? I'm not sure... Also the attempt to retcon his origins. He's Jewish. Period, zeh hu. What were they THINKING?! At least they came up with perfect name for him...After WAY to many years, that is!

Look at how the Death Eaters fell apart the first time Voldemort was supposed to be dead. As much as some of the purebloods want to be in charge, they want to hold the power they have even more. They followed Voldemort because he could offer them something better, but they weren't willing to give up what they already have.

And a lot of Voldemort's greatest supporters, the ones who were actually devoted to him more than afraid of him and who might have tried to continue to lead the Death Eaters with Voldemort gone? Dead or turned against him by the end of the battle. The infrastructure fell when Voldemort did. Someone else would have to try and gather up the broken pieces of the Death Eaters before they could even think of starting on Voldie's work again.

And where do we see this? We come to the station and everyone is happy. The first war they didn't get anything. This war they had control of the Ministry. You have to wonder how they got rid of the laws so fast. Considering Rowling's ministry, that just doesn't make sense. And it wouldn't have been the ones devoted to him that continued it; it would be the ones who could prove they were forced and it would be political warfare.

And her Slytherins are so UNSlytherin it's ridiculous. Aside from Snape they are not: cunning, independant, shrewd, have many self-preservation skills, etc. They are ambitious, but not that much. Most of them are happy being Voldy's toadies. Some of them are complete idiots, and clearly DO NOT belong in Slytherin house.

As for blood purity; the hat only mentions it in fifth year, most likely because it would be dangerous for muggle borns to be in Slytherin at that time. We KNOW there are muggle born Slytherins, so that is clearly not a question. ("There aren't many mudblood Slytherins." Greyback to Harry.) Therefor blood purity cannot explain why there are so many unSlytherin Slytherins.

How's that for completely contradicting herself, as she does this books one through seven.

Then there is a complete lack of explanation for wizarding culture. She ignores the other major countries, (like the US, who clearly has a different society simply because there is no nobility), doesn't tell us a thing about the ones she DOES show, ignores history, (you realise William the conqueror was taking over England when Hogwarts was built?), has exactly three Jews and no Muslims in her school, (and that's assuming the Greengrass sisters are Jewish, BTW), doesn't give a rational reason why someone as rational as Salazar acted so irrationally, her Hufflepuffs don't always act in accordance with their house values, there is NO WAY Tom was Sal's last descendant, (proof: all European Jewry stems from about fifteen families and they ALL married within that group for centuries. Despite pogroms, the Crusades, the Holocaust, etc. the descendants of those famillies are still around. Wanna explain why this wouldn't apply to Sal, especially since we know the heirship can pass through the female lines?)

Or in other words, once you get past the surface, Harry's world DOES NOT make sense.

Edited by kingsdaughter613