Coelophysis

Sexual Orientation

My last relationship was about three years ago, I had broken up with him by coming out as a lesbian. I didn't really feel bad about it, it took me being nearly falling over on adult beverages to even fathom doing romantic anything. All the while I harbored large crushes on women, and in the end I couldn't be in the closet anymore. 

Is it just me, or am I someone who doesn't want them to find a "cause" of being LGBT? 'Cause we all know what would happen (hint, it starts with "eu" and ends with "genics").

14 hours ago, mukuroikusabas said:

Is it just me, or am I someone who doesn't want them to find a "cause" of being LGBT? 'Cause we all know what would happen (hint, it starts with "eu" and ends with "genics").

Oh yes, I can't even imagine the horrible things that would happen if there was any sort of proof of a 'gay gene' or whatever. Any actual scientific explanation for lgbt+ will most definitely lead to people using that information to attempt to stop people from being lgbt+ in the first place... It's honestly a rather scary thought, that something like that could be 'detected' and actions could be taken based on that. (Also, as much as I believe my sexuality is not a choice, I personally don't really care to know exactly why I am the way I am, something so complex really shouldn't have one specific cause imo...)

Firmly asexual. Not really interested in romantic relationships with anyone but I will happily obsess over fictional guys. :D

1 hour ago, Sazandora said:

Firmly asexual. Not really interested in romantic relationships with anyone but I will happily obsess over fictional guys. :D

Same here, dont see the point of relationships when i look at all those broken ones my friends have + i am more the terato kind of person. (aka monsters are more interesting)

14 hours ago, Sazandora said:

And fictional ladies as well, but otherwise same. 😁

I briefly was in a same-sex relationship with a woman this year but it didn't work out - she didn't expect much but it was still more than I could give so we split up and remained friends.

So I'm in a same sex relationship, engaged and very much in love, its been my only relationship but wouldnt change a thing.

But the thing is and its a bit odd well i find it odd myself that even now after 3 and a bit years i still carnt say that I'm gay and when asked i get worried and or scared i just shy away from the word, stutter to say it, i put rather not say on forms when they ask and use the word partner to people i don't no, like mentally i oddly think its taboo or something, which its oversaly not and there is no shame nor is there anything wrong with it after all love is love but i just can't say it, mabe its because i live in a small rural village i dont no but trying to be brave  even though i guess its daft as all my family and colleagues and people that see me and my fiance know haha.

Anyway this is the first place that I've put im gay and even this is coursing a bit of anxiety but this seemed like a nice friendly place to start so that's my little bit on this thread :)  sorry if i babbled or deviated of the topic but it says sexual orientation so i guess that's mine, gay :)

It is just possible that you can't get the word out because it's not what you are. (I speak as one who knows full well she could fall in love with someone of either sex, but who happens to have been in a monogamous heterosexual relationship for the last 50 years, and it would feel rude to him to say I was bi, somehow... Not that he'd mind, actually - I must have a word ! but others might get a bit weird.)

Not that I am denying your gayness, it's just a thought. Congratulations on posting anyway. Good luck to you and your fiance. (Nothing wrong with the word partner, either. I happen to hate using it, but my PARTNER :lol: prefers it.)

I never thought of it that way haha maybe its not my word i don't know , I'm very much monogamous to i don't find any one else remotely attractive other than him and before him i told myself to try and look for a woman but was secretly looking for a man or woman at first and that it was the personality that was the defining factor to try and make sence of this to myself, and it didn't mater on gender and i just wanted someone to love, that was my main goal but at the same time (no offence to woman) i don't think even in my heart of hearts i could of dated a girl the idea of dating a woman was there because i wanted to be "normall" even though any love is normal i think and i beleave i thought about that to simply please my family its all a bit topsy turvy haha i think i was just in denial haha but i wouldn't change a thing I've found my soulmate :)

So i guess gay or something along that line fits me 

Thank you for responding, and congratulations on your long relationship its a credit to you both :)

P.s. my fiance dosent like the word partner either and I'm not keen myself, somehow the future idea of husband makes me feel a lot braver like i could say that to all and not be ashamed all scared 

Edited by Bloommist

Be happy with one another, is all that counts in a relationship.

I know a lot of gay people who can't hack the words husband or wife as that puts a heterosexual spin on something. Like - who is the wife and what does that say about them. I know several who are husband and husband (and also wife and wife). Terminology sucks - and I can see why people do prefer partner as it's gender neutral.