Coelophysis

Sexual Orientation

Its 2016, so I feel bad for anyone that's having a hard time because we should all be accepting and encouraging toward each other. I guess I'm boring because I'm straight lol. And I see myself as a beautiful woman. I'm a pretty sexual being but I don't need sex. The emotional and mental aspect of a relationship means more to me. My boyfriend feels the same. Edited by Ashiki

I just ran across a totally different acronym than I'm used to. It's easier to remember and say, as well as being very inclusive, but I wonder whether it will gain any traction.

QUILTBAG - Queer, Undecided, Intersex, Lesbian, Transgender/Transsexual, Bisexual, Asexual, Gay

Has anyone else run across this one?

Yeah, it's been around a while (since 2006 in publication). One of our friends used it sometimes in high school. It hasn't caught any traction because it's really more of a joke than anything serious. I mean, how many people are really going to go around seriously saying QUILTBAG out loud? Not to mention the length when typing it.

I've seen it in a couple of places, so I suppose it has at least some traction. I personally use GSRM (gender, sex/sexual, romantic minorities). I can never remember what order the letters in LGBTQAI-what's-there-now+ go, never mind it can be a piece to say out...

Ah, I see. I'd assumed that it was relatively new since I'd only seen it the once. My mistake. Anyway, the rather whimsical sound of it was most of the reason that I wasn't sure it would become generally popular.

Easy mistake to make - the term isn't very popular. I really only heard it because my friends in HS and I were all SUPER GAY. And super involved in activism. o3o

I just ran across a totally different acronym than I'm used to. It's easier to remember and say, as well as being very inclusive, but I wonder whether it will gain any traction.

QUILTBAG - Queer, Undecided, Intersex, Lesbian, Transgender/Transsexual, Bisexual, Asexual, Gay

Has anyone else run across this one?

Just...no. I would never keep a straight face if you described yourself as part of the QUILTBAG.

Ok, that's something I've never heard before. Wow. Ok. It feels a bit like it's making a joke out of things? I think a lot of people wouldn't take it seriously. :/

I've heard of QUILTBAG. It is easier to say, but I wish "queer" weren't such a loaded word (with a rough history) so that it were more acceptable as an umbrella term. There's also SGM, Sexual and Gender Minorities, which covers a lot of people without needing as many letters.

I've heard of QUILTBAG. It is easier to say, but I wish "queer" weren't such a loaded word (with a rough history) so that it were more acceptable as an umbrella term. There's also SGM, Sexual and Gender Minorities, which covers a lot of people without needing as many letters.

I haven't heard SGM before but that's a really good one, I think. I think it's important for an acronym to not leave anyone out or exclude anyone, but when it's as specific as LGBTQIA it inevitably does. Even with a plus on the end it probably still feels that way to a degree.

I haven't heard SGM before but that's a really good one, I think.

I prefer GSRM (gender, sex/sexual and romantic minorities), which is I think a bit more common and includes the romantic orientations.

I prefer labelling people as 'people' myself.

I used GSRM for awhile, until I discovered its origins.

It was coined by a sexual predator who also wanted it to extend to some other... non-LGBTQ+

individuals. I would post a link explaining it further, but I'm leery of overstepping the forum's

G rating going to err on the side of caution and leave it at that.

I've moved over to using MOGII myself. It stands for Marginalized Orientations, Gender Identity,

and Intersex. It's a nice catch-all, contains no reclaimed slurs, and places the focus entirely on

marginalised folks.

I'd personally not put any significance on who coined a term, as long as it's apt. Sadly, not all good things come from good people, and some of the best inventions and greatest lifesavers come from people who acted like absolute rear ends in their normal life.

MOGII is one term I'd hope to become (mostly) obsolete during my lifetime. The "marginalized"-part, that is, as it sounds less neutral than "minority". It kind of rubs me the wrong way in the same sense as calling females the "weaker" sex does. I don't like defining things by qualities I seek to abolish.

I know I am straight, however I'm not sure if I am demisexual, but I know I'm not asexual tbh though I've never been in a relationship to really know how I feel.

Officially personally identifying as caedromantic but using and telling people aromantic for the ease of it.

Personally I identify as pansexual, polyamorous though that doesn't matter.

I'm pansexual!

Actually, I'm almost entirely blind to gender in terms of attraction, and it's likely that I fall somewhere on the ace scale. For simplicity's sake, though, pansexual is mostly accurate!

To be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure.

At the moment, I think I might identify as Panromantic, but Asexual.

I can look t someone and think "daaaayyuumm they're sexy" but when it comes to actually "doing it" I get disgusted to the point of being nauseous at times. o.O

I've been told it's because I've "never done it" and that I'm "young"

But I'm almost 21, and I just..don't want to do it. Since I was of age, I haven't wanted to at all. I'm not entirely sure why.

Pansexual, I'd guess. But I don't really label myself, I can lust after, or *looks wistfully at the sky whispering "someone, somewhere..."* fall in love with anyone.

But I have this sort of problem with not feeling actual romantic feelings, I mean, I really want to, but whilst I love the XXX. I've not once felt any attachment in a romantic way, which sometimes makes me think I'm a bit messed up.

Needless to say, some days I get called some pretty mean things, especially by past..."encounters"...that I can't post here, but you can probably guess what. >.<

Pansexual, I'd guess. But I don't really label myself, I can lust after, or *looks wistfully at the sky whispering "someone, somewhere..."* fall in love with anyone.

But I have this sort of problem with not feeling actual romantic feelings, I mean, I really want to, but whilst I love the XXX. I've not once felt any attachment in a romantic way, which sometimes makes me think I'm a bit messed up.

Needless to say, some days I get called some pretty mean things, especially by past..."encounters"...that I can't post here, but you can probably guess what. >.<

A lack of romantic attraction/feelings is referred to as "aromanticism" if you want the label. There are tons of people who are aromantic and plenty on the aromantic spectrum (such as gray-aromantic, demiromantic, aroflux, lithromantic, frayromantic, etc.). It's perfectly normal. You're not messed up at all. <3 I'm so sorry you've had those past negative interactions.

A lack of romantic attraction/feelings is referred to as "aromanticism" if you want the label. There are tons of people who are aromantic and plenty on the aromantic spectrum (such as gray-aromantic, demiromantic, aroflux, lithromantic, frayromantic, etc.). It's perfectly normal. You're not messed up at all. <3 I'm so sorry you've had those past negative interactions.

Thanks.

I think it's possible I am one of those (although I don't think i'd be frayromantic, as I've never had the attraction to have it fade, anyway)

It's not that I don't want a romantic relationship, but I've never felt any "love" for anyone yet. Whether it be because I am on the aromantic spectrum or not.

I think, in some way, it's a fear, as well. That a person may not understand me, who I am, my needs, ect. Maybe some day I'll meet the right person, and things will change, but that's not for me to know yet. smile.gif

But, other than the things I get called, I can at least say, I'm happy as who I am, I guess the plus side is, as of yet, I've never had to experience heartbreak. yay!

I'm not really sure. I haven't really had a romantic relationship yet. I'm just not really interested in it and I was raised being told that I don't have to be with anyone, I can be happy by myself. 

That being said, I don't think the gender of whoever I'm with would matter to me. If I'm with someone, I just want to be happy to be with them and to spend time with them, I really don't think I'd care what gender they are. 

Last weekend we visited a friend of my mom and she asked my mom if I was a lesbian. Apparently me and my flannel give off big lesbian vibes. :lol:

After falling violently in love with a (human) guy, I can firmly say I'm straight, romantically and otherwise. Before him, I only had preteen/teenage crushes that didn't last.

I just fall in love very rarely, it would seem.