Coelophysis

Sexual Orientation

I think I'm asexual...I don't know if there's like subcategories for it or what, but I don't feel attracted to anyone no matter what and if I accidentally see private parts (real life or picture) I get physically sick. Not my own, though. xd.png Lol. Would be hard to take showers if that were the case.

^You're probably a sexually repulsed asexual, like what I am, I feel the same way |D

i see myself as demisexual because i dont believe in having a sexual encounter without some type of romance or certain feelings involved

Edited by esmidor

i see myself as demisexual because i dont believe in having a sexual encounter without some type of romance or certain feelings involved

While I won't tell you what to identify as (that is in no way my place), I just want to say that beliefs aren't the same as sexuality. Experiencing sexual attraction doesn't mean you think it's okay to have sex or plan to. It just means you're attracted to someone. Someone who abstains from sex isn't asexual unless they experience no sexual attraction. If they're abstaining for personal beliefs only, they're not asexual.

Asexual. Trying to come out and no one believes me. I just need to "grow up a bit more" or "find someone." Even had my own immediate family roll their eyes. I really don't think they're understanding. ._.

Asexual. Trying to come out and no one believes me. I just need to "grow up a bit more" or "find someone." Even had my own immediate family roll their eyes. I really don't think they're understanding. ._.

Are you in your teens, or younger? Because sometimes, people use things like "you're too young to know for sure" even though when you know, you know =_=

Are you in your teens, or younger? Because sometimes, people use things like "you're too young to know for sure" even though when you know, you know =_=

Yeah. Its really annoying, too. I mean, other girls in my school/age group say that one day they want to get married or have kids. I don't have anything against those people, but the thought of doing that myself repulses me. I don't know, it just really does. I would get married, but I don't know if I could find someone who would be okay with my orientation...

I would get married, but I don't know if I could find someone who would be okay with my orientation...
Other asexual people? wink.gif

I'm also asexual, and I'm sorry to say that people will probably keep doing that. I'm almost 30 and I still get comments about getting a significant other--not that ace people can't do that, but I'm pretty aromantic, too.

Thankfully neither of my parents seem to want grandkids, so at least I'm not dealing with that sort of pressure, thank goodness.

No one ever questions someone even as young as 11 if they pronounce themself straight, why should any other sexuality be different? >_<

I don't think that kind of questioning is inevitable though; no one has ever questioned my singleness. Possibly there's just something about me screaming 'cat person' so loud it never occurs to them tongue.gif

I'm somewhere on the line of demisexual and aceflux. Dunno where, but sometimes my feelings are more demi, or theyre fluctuating on the ace scale.

Romantically though, I'm pan. And since most people cant grasp any of the above, most people think I'm bisexual. *shrugs*

I also identify as ace. I'm curious about sex, mainly because I haven't tried it and because everyone seems to want it and am OK with things like masturbation etc. but I feel no natural desire to engage in those activities. I've only found certain qualities such as kindness and a nice smile to be attractive; I can admit someone's handsome, but it's almost always more of an observation than a feeling of attraction. I'd be really happy in a relationship where there was no pressure for sex, but I have no idea if that's possible.

I also identify as ace. I'm curious about sex, mainly because I haven't tried it and because everyone seems to want it and am OK with things like masturbation etc. but I feel no natural desire to engage in those activities. I've only found certain qualities such as kindness and a nice smile to be attractive; I can admit someone's handsome, but it's almost always more of an observation than a feeling of attraction. I'd be really happy in a relationship where there was no pressure for sex, but I have no idea if that's possible.

To restore the faith, I have absolutely heard of asexual people marrying each other. The story I heard, they spent their wedding night playing monopoly with friends. It sounded really sweet and amazing (except possibly the monopoly part--or maybe that just shows what a good relationship they had tongue.gif)

Honestly I wouldn't mind getting married myself for a number of reasons, but yeah. It's difficult to find someone who is your perfect match... though that's hardly a problem limited to one sexuality! laugh.gif

That's probably the only reason I try not to think about dating; I hope to find another ace one day. My parents unfortunately want grandchildren and I'm an only child...

To restore the faith, I have absolutely heard of asexual people marrying each other. The story I heard, they spent their wedding night playing monopoly with friends. It sounded really sweet and amazing (except possibly the monopoly part--or maybe that just shows what a good relationship they had tongue.gif)

Honestly I wouldn't mind getting married myself for a number of reasons, but yeah. It's difficult to find someone who is your perfect match... though that's hardly a problem limited to one sexuality! laugh.gif

That is very true; I guess it's just another trait that'll have to be compromised with like any other in a relationship. I'd love to find someone who I'd like to spend the rest of my life with. Thanks for that.

I'm still in the process of questioning... I might be attracted to other girls, but not sure about the idea of actually being with one... Feeling a little confused.

Ahahhaha.

I've always wanted to be a guy, but I was born a girl. I honestly don't see my gender changing outwardly anytime soon. Inwardly, I think I am a bit of both. That (irrelevant piece of information) said, I identify as bisexual.

I am attracted to guys but I am more sensually inclined to the male sex. I find that I lean toward woman. They are just so pretty and cute. -dies a little-

Now that I think of it, when it comes to guys, I am more demisexual. Relationship and mental bond is an important thing to me with either sex, but more-so with the men.

--

And now, I have just realized what my ex-boyfriend is thanks to that list. He identified as asexual, but I remember him telling me that he really needs sex sometimes. I think he is actually a gray-sexual. I also think that his asexuality might have something to do with the fact that he slept with about 20+ guys in one summer....

Wow... I had no idea there were so many different sexualities out there. Learn something new every day, I guess.

I'm straight as a pencil, but I love (platonically) everybody. smile.gif

I'm straight as a pencil

user posted image

And now for something that ISN'T teasing silliness, one of my friends told me I'm like, the only lesbian she's met who doesn't talk about that right off the bat. I think it's really weird openly starting conversations about your sexuality out of nowhere, personally?

Hmmm...

Heterosexual, certainly demisexual. I'd like to say bi-curious, but I've never had the opportunity to really explore my curiosity so it remains just that. I don't think I would refuse if the right woman came around (I'm female, btw), but in the end I think I would end up settling down with a man.

I'm starting to wonder if gray-asexual might describe me, but I'm not really sure. I don't really go through periods with different attractions levels, it's pretty consistent. Generally, I would say that I find some people aesthetically pleasing... but I've never felt turned on just by looking at or being around attractive people. I do enjoy sex, but it takes some mental energy to get in the mood and I'm generally turned on by touch more than just being attracted to my partner, if that makes sense. Because I do prefer my relationships to include sex, I hadn't thought much about the possibility that I might not be completely allosexual.

Does that sound like it might be gray-a?

I feel a little weird about asking about this, since I am in a heterosexual relationship and this is kind of ...theoretical for me? I feel like my orientation identity won't have any practical effect on my life, and I don't want to step into spaces that aren't for me, since I would say I have straight privilege.