Coelophysis

Sexual Orientation

irl im only out to my parents but they dont believe im actually gay.

literally all my friends know and half of them aren't straight anyway so im good.

i think ive settled on gray-asexuality finally but i still question it occasionally. meh.

I first came out as bisexual, but now I know that i'm pansexual. My parents seem to have this thing going on where they 'pretend' that i'm actually straight - which is weird and kinda saddening - but I just ignore them.

Only a couple of my friends are actually straight. A lot of people don't realise that not everyone they see is heterosexual lol.

Thought about coming out today and saying I wasn't sure I was panromantic anymore (and am nonbinary), but just don't have the courage yet. Some of the threads here have been hard enough, I don't know if I can admit it to family and meatspace friends yet. >_e

I posted some ace coming out tips on the facebook page I help manage, though, lol.

I'm out to most of my school friends about being Panromantic now. My parents don't know, but my sister knows I'm not straight, she just doesn't know the specifics yet.

So I did end up changing all the things I could find to have me being female instead of gender-neutral. Better than nothing I suppose. I kinda am very tempted to start telling people this week though... I just really don't want it getting around to my parents, my life is hellish enough as is

Phew-ee, this will be my first post outside of the introduction topic. Hope I won't come out of a 'tumblr corner' with this >_o

My gender is as fluid as it can be. One day I'm sure I'm a girl, another day I feel male, and somedays I'm neither, or I just don't care. I don't know, man. I just like to experiment, see where I end up. Whatever makes me most comfortable. But I guess genderfluid fits, somehow? I don't know if that also includes neutral gender. Whatevs.

As far as sexuality goes, I think I'm capable of loving about anyone, but I've always been sexually attracted to men. But I'm not sure either.

Why does everything always need to have a name?! If we keep this up the dictionairy will contain twice as many words by next year.

Why does everything always need to have a name?! If we keep this up the dictionairy will contain twice as many words by next year.

Because there will always be something that's not anything else already made. By virtue of existing, all terms must have something that doesn't fit within them. For every new term we invent to give meaning to our feeling, we must invent another for those who feel differently

There will always be people who are different from everyone else in existence, and they will always need terms that are different from every other term in existence. I choose to not take issue with it, because that's just how things are

As for giving all those feelings names specifically, it's because-- despite what many would wish --we as humans need labels to understand and simplify things. Without labels we have to describe in great detail to tell people how we feel. Whereas labels we can just state and let them make the decision as to whether they want to just go with it or actually find out what it means. It also allows us to group ourselves into larger groups of people who feel similarly

Think of labels like pronouns, we don't want to have to say someone's full name every time we want to talk to them; and we don't want to explain our full sexual orientation/gender identity/etc every time we wish to discuss it

I used to think I was heterosexual, but ever since I began questioning my gender identity years ago, that term didn't feel right. Even more so now that I'm identifying as nonbinary. I guess since I'm attracted to males, men and/or masculinity that makes me androsexual. I like that term a lot better, it's crystal clear and leaves little room for misinterpretation.

Sexual orientation aside, I'm greyromantic, I'm not sure yet if it's just greyromanticism in that I rarely feel romantic attraction, or demiromanticism where I only feel romantic attraction for people I've developed an emotional connection to. Either way, I have very little interest in relationships of the romantic persuasion. I'm not aromantic as there is an interest, however miniscule, but to this day I've never been in love or felt like I'd want to be in a relationship other than one of friendship with someone.

I consider myself as "somehow bisexual".

I'm definitely not heterosexual, but I can't say "I am 100% bisexual" because I've, so far, only felt sexually attracted to men. But I know I could fall in love with women, too. If it's the right one. If I know her well.

That doesn't mean I fall in love with every good looking man, but when I see a hot male actor or a model/whatever, I might think "Wow, that guy's hot, what's his number?", while I never thought that way about any woman I ever saw.

In the end, I don't care. As long as it's the right one, it can be a she, a he or none or both ... so maybe I'm more pansexual.

Edited by Gluria

I've done looking into my own sexuality, and I can say with absolute certainty that I am absolutely heterosexual, both knowingly and subconsciously.

However, I must address the certain discrimination against homosexuals in my area. The particulars as to my location will remain undisclosed, but let's just say, I have a /close/ friend who is a bisexual woman. She works a desk job at an IT company not far from where I live, and has frequently told me about the harassment she endures from a particular couple of unrefined ladies (for lack of being able to call them censorkip.gif s).

I also have a friend with a homosexual brother-in-law, and have heard about him having his car keyed, getting offensive messages, dirty looks and being subject to verbal abuse.

...looking forward to moving to Canada soon.

From a few of my Canadian friends: Canada is just as messed up as the US. They have roughly the same issues with discrimination we do

From a few of my Canadian friends: Canada is just as messed up as the US. They have roughly the same issues with discrimination we do

I'm not from the US.

And I'm not planning to move just to escape that problem, although I was hoping it would be one of those little things that got fixed along the way.

Pity...

Edited by Brotato

Yeah... Gotta say, I'm more than a little nervous about trying to be a teacher. Really worried that I'd have parents coming after my job because they don't want their kids "exposed to deviant lifestyles," or whatever crap people say. Like, I know a lot of the people that howl about LGBTQ people needing to be kept away from children are just crackpots on message boards that probably wouldn't say half the things they do if it weren't for the anonymity of the internet, but... still scary.

I'm Canadian and I don't run into as much discrimination as the US has it, so no, we are not as bad, and at least marriage is fully legal here.

Oh, and Panromantic Asexual here. =p

Edited by SandstormL

I don't run into as much discrimination as the US has either (and my family goes to a Baptist church)

Straight but not narrow, here! Does anyone say that anymore?

I've only ever hear someone use that term as a joke between friends, but if you think that truly describes you, go ahead.

I'm straight, to use the simplified term. I did go thru a bi-curious stage once. Turned for the bad when she lied to my, now of 8 years, boyfriend and told him I was a lesbian. Also decided that wasn't for me and now I am comfortable being straight.

I don't judge others for their beliefs but I hate it when they push them on me. I am comfortable with what I am, don't force me. As long as you are happy and being safe I don't care what you do.

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

I only know half the words in here..I honestly think heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual and asexual covers all well enough, but eh.

I'm heterosexual. I'm great at drooling over guys, I only look at other girls if they're thinner than me or have bigger boobs haha *jealousy*.

I'm cool with people being whatever orientation though! Love is love in any form!

What is "autochroissexual"? That's a new term for me.

It's on the asexual spectrum. It means that I don't have sexual attraction to anyone, but I experience sexual fantasies in which I feel detached from what's happening and the people in it aren't me. I'm not the best at explaining things, so read this: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/109172-autochroissexual/

There's not much about it online and the terms have flip flopped a bit (sometimes being called semisexual, though from what I've heard lately that means something else).

I only know half the words in here..I honestly think heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual and asexual covers all well enough, but eh.

Imo, that doesn't even close to cover it. Demisexual, pansexual, grey-asexual, etc. There's too many unique people in this world to fit them all into four boxes.

Edited by sparkle10184

Honestly I agree with you.

They're supposed to be very general terms, almost like umbrella terms that cover a range of preferences.

Creating a bunch of new terms is just confusing because we won't know what others in the community are talking about and, if we don't understand, how are we supposed to make the people opposed to the LGBTQ understand?